Winter gloves for webbed fingers!?

Skullriot

Dec 6, 2013
Hi all, so I was perusing the internet and trying to figure out where I could ask this, searched for bike forums and voilà!

Anyway, I am having a terrible time finding winter gloves. I have webbed fingers. my middle and ring finger are joined just below the middle joint, and this makes it painful for me to wear any kind of glove that doesn't have a lot of give in that area, and even then, it can get too irritating after wearing them for a long time. I currently have some completely fingerless mitts, but as I found today, I'll give myself frostbite in this illinois weather if I try to do even a 15 minute ride across town. I'm still tingly from today's ride... my hands were burning in pain when I got to work today.

Basically, I am looking for something to stop the wind and be lightweight. I don't need anything super insulated. The biggest problem I am running into is mittens tend to be overly insulated, have a lot of stuffing, or the three finger gloves (ones with the middle to pinky in its own pocket) are $100+.... not a good price. I simply need a wind shield with minor insulation.

I welcome any suggestions.

Sometimes oddball situations require you to spend more than you'd like or adopt equipment/clothing that's not "the norm"

Maybe something like this would suffice:

http://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/bootshoodsglovesgloveswetsuitgloves-waterproof-5mmg13fingersemidryglovewzip-p-3267.html?___store=english&gclid=CNvkhJ_VnbsCFVFgfgodVQMA-w