winter hat!

redbeach6506

Jul 14, 2005
I am looking for winter hat with neck cover.
What is a good web site and any good brand?
Performance bike and nashbar are store I know. ANyother site I can use?
Thanks

I work at a bike shop/ski shop and I've seen a few people actually buy like a ski mask that covers everything from their neck to the top of their head except the nose and eyes. I don't know of any sites that would have it, but I'd look at a ski/snowboard shop and see what they have for ski masks.

check out Performance brand windproof belaclava. i got one and it is super warm.

redbeach6506 said:
I am looking for winter hat with neck cover.
What is a good web site and any good brand?
Performance bike and nashbar are store I know. ANyother site I can use?
Thanks
Hi,

Try MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op), great place. They have mail order online. The only draw back is that you need a membership. The membership is for life. It's also a Canadian company so you will save a few dollars on exchange.

Hope this helps

Mike:)

Outdoor Research Alpine Hat made from Gore Windstopper. Windstopper is utter **** for most uses, but it works really well for hats. The Alpine Hat can be folded down to cover your ears and the top of your neck. It can be folded up on warmer days. You need a little extra space in your helmet.

OR also makes the Peruvian Hat, which is just like the alpine one except that it gives more coverage. It has a draw string to cinch the sides down around your face. This can be used for colder days.

Finally, OR makes a balaclava out of Windstopper, and this can be used for the coldest days.

OR's stuff is made for mountaineering but it works well for other purposes.

Windstopper lower face masks can also be used in combination with a hat to give more flexibility.