Winter is here:(

EPIC29ER

Nov 9, 2010
I am going to miss my bike, it just started to snow today!
On the positive side I called in sick yesterday and went snow boarding!

What do you do to keep you self busy in the winter?

"I ride a Specialized Epic with bicycle trailer and kid in tow"

A beutiful 72 degrees out today in Central Illinois...

I was stuck at work all day and thanks to daylight savings, it was to dark to ride by the time I got home, but hard to argue with temps like that in November.....

Michael

82 here in SE Texas today. Our winter starts in January and is over in Februay. Never gets to cold to ride but it does get hot in the summer.

Originally Posted by EPIC29ER .

I am going to miss my bike, it just started to snow today!
On the positive side I called in sick yesterday and went snow boarding!

What do you do to keep you self busy in the winter?

"I ride a Specialized Epic with bicycle trailer and kid in tow"

Not winter yet in chicago, but it will come.

How to keep busy in the winter? Hard race training "starts" in the winter since I need to be coming into form by early April. So that means lots of time spent on an indoor trainer. It is not fun, but the gains are worth it.

. . . If temps come up to freezing or higher and the roads are reasonable clear of ice/snow, then I ride outside for the mental break, but this is a rare treat once winter really sets in.

Rain, rain and rain here in the UK along with some morning frost. I don't go out in the rain but we get some good dry winter days that are perfect for cycling.

The last few days have been near perfect for biking, high 60's low 70's. yesterday there was almost no
wind and I had a great ride. just over 82 miles.

Tomorrow, 50` and rain with 25+ winds.

Then it gets worse.....

I took this pic from one of our upstairs windows this morning about 8AM.

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad210/sterling2002/Snow11-13-2010.jpg

It's supposed to continue snowing till sometime tomorrow morning with total accumulations in the 8 to 10 inch range ( depends on which TV channel you watch /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif ).

I think I'm going to make some chili for dinner tonight.

Edited: Hmmm....seems I can't insert an image using
anymore. Oh well, it was just a one of my blurry pics anyway. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/redface.gif

You can click on the edited link if you want to see it...

says page not found /img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif

Weird to think you have snow already it was about 61f in NYC here today

Here in spain you can ride allways.

But snowboarding is a great way to getting busy ;-)

Depending on where "here" is.

Winter is very much here (in Ireland) at the moment.

Average temperature is between 5-10 celsius at the moment.
Just been through 2 weeks of pretty much continuous rain.

Weathers been clear here lately but the temperature has started to drop.

We have a choice - mild and get ****** on, dry and get frozen/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Still takes our minds off our country's economic meltdown/img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif
(don't mention the war).

It has been unusualy mild so far. Winter is really five weeks away so I am hoping it takes its sweet time getting here.

We ended up getting 8 inches of snow on the East side of the Twin Cities and the Northwest side got up to 12 inches of heavy wet snow.

There were over 200,000 households without power by last Saturday evening and they just got the last of them restored today. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif

We don't get much snow here but damn do we get a lot of wind during winter. Last night was 90 km/h wind. Imagine riding on a straight away with that kind of wind behind you, and if it was hitting you head on it'd make you go backwards. But this area has many forests, so the roads also get covered with branches... and a neighbor got a tree on their roof and in their window... ugh. Wind is preferable to snow though.