Winter mileage brag posts here...

"Dane Jackson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> 1oki <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> I've given up on 'puters that can stand the winter - or my offroad summer
>> insanity. I've gone through a number of them. They just don't last.
>>
>> Any suggestions on the ulimate in rugged 'puters?

> The Cateye Enduro series isn't too bad. It's surving lots of Seattle rain
> and general (mild) abuse. It's not all that tough, but I doubt anything
> else exists that's more hardy.

Yah. I've tried them. Nothing really seems to be able to stand up
to -30C -40C winter days hereabouts

--
'Are you ready? Is the tape move-moving? I can do this in one take!
Don't count on me - what? Well, I'll do the best I can.

1oki <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Dane Jackson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> 1oki <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>

>> The Cateye Enduro series isn't too bad. It's surving lots of Seattle rain
>> and general (mild) abuse. It's not all that tough, but I doubt anything
>> else exists that's more hardy.

> Yah. I've tried them. Nothing really seems to be able to stand up
> to -30C -40C winter days hereabouts

Ah, I think that's a material limit of the LCD display. I live in a
much more temperate climate obviously. My only real suggestion is to
go ask on the Icebike list: <http://icebike.org/icebikelist.htm>

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
A fool's brain digests philosophy into folly, science into superstition, and