Winter Road Calendar (Melb)

hippy wrote:
> I just had a provisional winter road racing calendar emailed to me. If
> anyone wants a copy, it is an excel document and I've put it up here:
> http://www.thehippy.net/Cycling/RoadCalendar2004.xls
> hippy
> - spreadin' the love!

G'day hippy

'spreadin' the love'??......might be closer to the truth than w
think....I tried to access that file.....our system here at work
(Shhhshh, don't tell the boss), has a system attached to it called 'mai
marshall'. It filters spam 7 virius's etc etc. It blocked my access t
your file & give the reason "probable explicit adult images' ......dam
keen to see the new winter calender now!!!!

cheers

Hitch

-

>Originally posted by Hitchy 'spreadin' the love'??......might be close
>to the truth than we think.... It blocked my access to your file & giv
>the reason "probable explicit adult images' ......damn keen to see th
>new winter calender now!!!!

Gee! Maybe I should have a closer look! :

I can email it to you zipped if you want? Or I could upload a rename
version (say .txt), that might fool the mail mush-all

hipp

-

xls worked fine on mine and I work inside 'the deathstar

"My milkshake brings all the boys to tha yard their life is bette
than yours damnright, its better than yours I could teach you but I
have to charge

-

hippy wrote:
> I just had a provisional winter road racing calendar emailed to me. If
> anyone wants a copy, it is an excel document and I've put it up here:
> http://www.thehippy.net/Cycling/RoadCalendar2004.xls
> hippy
> - spreadin' the love!

Of course any Chelsea races will be cancelled (assumption based on las
year, where they all were cancelled at the last minute), so take the
with a grain of salt at this stage

-

hippy wrote:
> I just had a provisional winter road racing calendar emailed to me. If anyone wants a copy, it is an excel document and I've
> put it up here:
> http://www.thehippy.net/Cycling/RoadCalendar2004.xls
>
> hippy
> - spreadin' the love!
>

> --

Given it will be a month or so till I can start riding again while my
bones mend, I was thinking of checking out some of the races around
Melbourne. I've seen reference to quite a few but was wondering if there
are any that are suited to a spectator and where you would want to
stand. I'd like to get a view of what's going on rather than a blur of
colour as everyone flies by.

Dave B.

>Originally posted by Daveb I was thinking of checking out some of th
>races around >Melbourne. I've seen reference to quite a few but wa
>>wondering if there are any that are suited to a spectator and wher

>you would want to stand. I'd like to get a view of what's going o
>rather than a blur of colour as everyone flies by

Most of the road circuits I've done aren't too good for spectator
because they are simply long loops. You can wait at the start/finis
line to see the sprints and maybe watch riders pass a couple of times
but that's about it. Criteriums and track racing allow you to see a lo
more action due to the much shorter 'circuits'. Any one of th
criteriums listed in that spreadsheet would be fun to watch and if yo
live in Melb, easier to get to than the road races as well

Oh, the DeBortoli Tour of the Yarra Valley (if that's what it's called?
would probably have some good riders in it as it's a bigger race. Yo
can also sample some wine (urgh.. ) and food (mmm...) while there.. :

Anyone else have comments on the race circuits

hth hipp

-