Winter Road Calendar (Melb)

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by hippy, Mar 15, 2004.

  1. hippy

    hippy Guest

    Tags:

  2. Hitchy

    Hitchy Guest

    hippy wrote:
    > I just had a provisional winter road racing calendar emailed to me. If
    > anyone wants a copy, it is an excel document and I've put it up here:
    > http://www.thehippy.net/Cycling/RoadCalendar2004.xls
    > hippy
    > - spreadin' the love!

    G'day hippy

    'spreadin' the love'??......might be closer to the truth than w
    think....I tried to access that file.....our system here at work
    (Shhhshh, don't tell the boss), has a system attached to it called 'mai
    marshall'. It filters spam 7 virius's etc etc. It blocked my access t
    your file & give the reason "probable explicit adult images' ......dam
    keen to see the new winter calender now!!!!

    cheers

    Hitch

    -

  3. hippy

    hippy Guest

    >Originally posted by Hitchy 'spreadin' the love'??......might be close
    >to the truth than we think.... It blocked my access to your file & giv
    >the reason "probable explicit adult images' ......damn keen to see th
    >new winter calender now!!!!

    Gee! Maybe I should have a closer look! :

    I can email it to you zipped if you want? Or I could upload a rename
    version (say .txt), that might fool the mail mush-all

    hipp

    -

  4. hippy

    hippy Guest

  5. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    xls worked fine on mine and I work inside 'the deathstar

    "My milkshake brings all the boys to tha yard their life is bette
    than yours damnright, its better than yours I could teach you but I
    have to charge

    -

  6. Shabby

    Shabby Guest

    hippy wrote:
    > I just had a provisional winter road racing calendar emailed to me. If
    > anyone wants a copy, it is an excel document and I've put it up here:
    > http://www.thehippy.net/Cycling/RoadCalendar2004.xls
    > hippy
    > - spreadin' the love!

    Of course any Chelsea races will be cancelled (assumption based on las
    year, where they all were cancelled at the last minute), so take the
    with a grain of salt at this stage

    -

  7. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    hippy wrote:
    > I just had a provisional winter road racing calendar emailed to me. If anyone wants a copy, it is an excel document and I've
    > put it up here:
    > http://www.thehippy.net/Cycling/RoadCalendar2004.xls
    >
    > hippy
    > - spreadin' the love!
    >

    > --

    Given it will be a month or so till I can start riding again while my
    bones mend, I was thinking of checking out some of the races around
    Melbourne. I've seen reference to quite a few but was wondering if there
    are any that are suited to a spectator and where you would want to
    stand. I'd like to get a view of what's going on rather than a blur of
    colour as everyone flies by.

    Dave B.

  8. hippy

    hippy Guest

    >Originally posted by Daveb I was thinking of checking out some of th
    >races around >Melbourne. I've seen reference to quite a few but wa
    >>wondering if there are any that are suited to a spectator and wher

    >you would want to stand. I'd like to get a view of what's going o
    >rather than a blur of colour as everyone flies by

    Most of the road circuits I've done aren't too good for spectator
    because they are simply long loops. You can wait at the start/finis
    line to see the sprints and maybe watch riders pass a couple of times
    but that's about it. Criteriums and track racing allow you to see a lo
    more action due to the much shorter 'circuits'. Any one of th
    criteriums listed in that spreadsheet would be fun to watch and if yo
    live in Melb, easier to get to than the road races as well

    Oh, the DeBortoli Tour of the Yarra Valley (if that's what it's called?
    would probably have some good riders in it as it's a bigger race. Yo
    can also sample some wine (urgh.. ) and food (mmm...) while there.. :

    Anyone else have comments on the race circuits

    hth hipp

    -