Winter Road Calendar (Melb)

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by hippy, Mar 15, 2004.

  1. hippy

    hippy New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2003
    Messages:
    1,806

  2. Hitchy

    Hitchy New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2004
    Messages:
    1,876
    G'day hippy,

    'spreadin' the love'??......might be closer to the truth than we think....I tried to access that file.....our system here at work, (Shhhshh, don't tell the boss), has a system attached to it called 'mail marshall'. It filters spam 7 virius's etc etc. It blocked my access to your file & give the reason "probable explicit adult images' ......damn keen to see the new winter calender now!!!!.

    cheers,

    Hitchy

  3. hippy

    hippy New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2003
    Messages:
    1,806
    >Originally posted by Hitchy
    >'spreadin' the love'??......might be closer to the truth
    >than we think....
    >It blocked my access to your file & give the reason
    >"probable explicit adult images' ......damn keen to
    >see the new winter calender now!!!!.

    Gee! Maybe I should have a closer look! :D

    I can email it to you zipped if you want?
    Or I could upload a renamed version (say .txt),
    that might fool the mail mush-all?

    hippy

  4. hippy

    hippy New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2003
    Messages:
    1,806
  5. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    xls worked fine on mine and I work inside 'the deathstar'

    "My milkshake brings all the boys to tha yard
    their life is better than yours
    damnright, its better than yours
    I could teach you but Id have to charge"

  6. Shabby

    Shabby New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    Of course any Chelsea races will be cancelled (assumption based on last year, where they all were cancelled at the last minute), so take them with a grain of salt at this stage.

  7. Daveb

    Daveb Guest

    hippy wrote:
    > I just had a provisional winter road racing calendar
    > emailed to me. If anyone wants a copy, it is an excel
    > document and I've put it up here:
    > http://www.thehippy.net/Cycling/RoadCalendar2004.xls
    >
    > hippy
    > - spreadin' the love!
    >

    > --

    Given it will be a month or so till I can start riding again
    while my bones mend, I was thinking of checking out some of
    the races around Melbourne. I've seen reference to quite a
    few but was wondering if there are any that are suited to a
    spectator and where you would want to stand. I'd like to get
    a view of what's going on rather than a blur of colour as
    everyone flies by.

    Dave B.

  8. hippy

    hippy New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2003
    Messages:
    1,806
    >Originally posted by Daveb
    >I was thinking of checking out some of the races around >Melbourne. I've seen reference to quite a few but was >wondering if there are any that are suited to a
    >spectator and where you would want to stand. I'd like to get
    >a view of what's going on rather than a blur of colour as
    >everyone flies by.

    Most of the road circuits I've done aren't too good
    for spectators because they are simply long loops.
    You can wait at the start/finish line to see the sprints
    and maybe watch riders pass a couple of times, but
    that's about it.
    Criteriums and track racing allow you to see a lot
    more action due to the much shorter 'circuits'.
    Any one of the criteriums listed in that spreadsheet
    would be fun to watch and if you live in Melb, easier
    to get to than the road races as well.

    Oh, the DeBortoli Tour of the Yarra Valley (if that's
    what it's called?) would probably have some good
    riders in it as it's a bigger race. You can also sample
    some wine (urgh.. ) and food (mmm...) while there.. :)

    Anyone else have comments on the race circuits?

    hth
    hippy