Winter Running

Ed prochak wrote:

> Gloves and/or mittens make a BIG difference, second only to head covering (hat, hood, headband,
> or scarf). But unlike andy, I keep the same arm motion unless the wind forces me to put them in
> my pockets occasionally.

I usually try to maintain same arm movement regardless of weather I'm running in. It's helpful for
balance all the time and helps propel a person into strong winds (40-50 mph). Just beware of
aggressive arm swing if on snow shoes going up a hill in strong wind ;)

Before I had figured out a lot of form issues and winter gear, I tended to hold arms tight. But once
I gained confidence in gear and me, I was able to relax and use a normal arm motion. The hand weight
drills we did in cross-training class really helped me to loosen up. Relaxing arms and hands allows
blood to flow more readily. Clenching is wasted energy and impedes blood flow.

> To winter running and a good spring running season!

Amen! It's been so nice having winter this year - clear blue skies, at least when it's not
snowing :)

Dot

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 11:39:57 GMT, Doug Freese <[email protected]> wrote:

>As for NE I was running in Chatham on Cape Cod over Thanksgiving and enjoyed some beautiful crisp
>mornings.

You were only two hours from me, and you didn't let me know? I would've driven out to "P-Town" to
meet you. I do recall that day, we thought it was a total eclipse of the sun, but we were just in
the shadow of Dougs huge head.

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 21:08:02 -0500, "Doug Mitchell" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Only about 6 weeks into my running routine and I go early morning (around
>5:15 am) and I pull a pair of *socks* out of my drawer to use as mitts.

Of course he also runs with his underwear over his head, so take that into consideration.

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 05:13:43 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi <[email protected]> wrote:

><Yawn> Look, if you don't come up with better material soon, I'm going to throw another rotten egg.
>Look, I posted those jpegs-- surely, you can come up with some good material based on those.

PLEASE! I could NEVER invent anything as goofy or as offensive as those pics. I printed them out,
one lines my toilet bowl so I can **** in your mouth 2 or 3x a day. And the other is our new
dartboard. Thanks again for those pics, it only proves the old saying that truth is stranger than
anything I could possibly make up.

"David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> No no no... most of us in Canada are still born 'naked in igloos'. One of those little tradeoffs
> for having public healthcare.

hahahahaha :) *claps hands*

--
David (in Hamilton, ON) www.allfalldown.org

Anders Lustig wrote:
> Doug Freese <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...

> A whole different issue is that loose wind breaker pants could deprieve a runner of the
> opportunity to flaunt his muscles, wreck his self-image or interfere with the skin- tight feel
> which is the very reason why some runners prefer tights over "cumbersome" pants:)

I my case I need to hide the goods to keep from being grabbed and molested in the woods. I rest more
ways than one during the winter months. ;)

Good luck in flaunting the family jewels!! :)

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 22:04:31 GMT, Doug Freese <[email protected]> wrote:

>The fact that I was that close gives me indigestion.

Stop "swallowing", the extra protein doesn't do you justice. Of course visiting P-town without
swallowing is like going to Burger King and not getting a burger.

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 05:13:43 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>><Yawn> Look, if you don't come up with better material soon, I'm going to throw another rotten
>>egg. Look, I posted those jpegs-- surely, you can come up with some good material based on those.
>
> PLEASE! I could NEVER invent anything as goofy or as offensive as those pics. I printed them out,
> one lines my toilet bowl so I can **** in your mouth 2 or 3x a day. And the other is our new
> dartboard. Thanks again for those pics, it only proves the old saying that truth is stranger than
> anything I could possibly make up.

Not bad ... I give it a B- for effort and a C- for content -- still, I was hoping you could do
better. Hate to do this, because I rarely use killfiles, but I'm going to have to killfile you (and
fear not, young troll -- I can cover your aliases with one entry.)

Cheers,

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 23:21:03 GMT, Doug Freese <[email protected]> wrote:

>I my case I need to hide the goods to keep from being grabbed and molested in the woods.

Is that your excuse for hanging out in the bushes with your shorts around your ankles?

>Good luck in flaunting the family jewels!! :)

Dougs been arrested for that, so listen to him.

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 13:53:55 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi <[email protected]> wrote:

>Not bad ... I give it a B- for effort and a C- for content -- still, I was hoping you could do
>better. Hate to do this, because I rarely use killfiles, but I'm going to have to killfile you (and
>fear not, young troll -- I can cover your aliases with one entry.)

So after I amaze and surprise you, you run away? Typical of a little 90lber, I bet you had plenty of
experience in grade school running from the bullies and the lil' girlies that used to beat you up.
Block me? HAHAHAHAHAHA Dream on. Watch my next post, and we'll see how well you did.