Winter shoes - Recommendations !!!!

Dogfighting

Guest
Hello,

I need a pair of cold weather cycling shoes for my road bike. I am
aware of SIDI's Freeze boots and the many shoe cover booties. Anyone
know of any other reputable companies that make these type of cycling
shoes ?

Take a look at the Lake 301 Winter shoes. They have the BOA system, so you
can snug or loosen them without a lot of fanfare.

http://www.lakecycling.com/category.aspx?categoryID=36

I am waiting for my LBS to get them in, Lake certainly has gotten serious
about making good shoes the last couple years.

news:[email protected]...

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 07:25:04 -0400, Dogfighting <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I need a pair of cold weather cycling shoes for my road bike. I am
>aware of SIDI's Freeze boots and the many shoe cover booties. Anyone
>know of any other reputable companies that make these type of cycling
>shoes ?

Gaerne makes a great shoe and have a number of cold weather models.

Ron

In article
<[email protected]>,
Dogfighting <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need a pair of cold weather cycling shoes for my road bike. I am
> aware of SIDI's Freeze boots and the many shoe cover booties. Anyone
> know of any other reputable companies that make these type of cycling
> shoes ?

There was a discussion of this in rec.bicycles.tech
recently. Look it up, and you should have cross-posted
to rbt.

You should try using sock liners. I have some the old space gloves with
the metal flakes and they work great for cold weather.
Dogfighting wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need a pair of cold weather cycling shoes for my road bike. I am
> aware of SIDI's Freeze boots and the many shoe cover booties. Anyone
> know of any other reputable companies that make these type of cycling
> shoes ?

in message <[email protected]>, Dogfighting
('[email protected]') wrote:

> I need a pair of cold weather cycling shoes for my road bike. I am
> aware of SIDI's Freeze boots and the many shoe cover booties. Anyone
> know of any other reputable companies that make these type of cycling
> shoes ?

I use the mountain bike version of the SIDI Freeze boot (Inverno - same
boot, different sole) for winter mountain biking, and they're very good -
although not at good as my eight-year-old real leather SIDIs. Synthetic
may be easier to care for but it doesn't mould to your foot nearly as
well.

;; single speed mountain bikes: for people who cycle on flat mountains.

A teammate of mine swears by his Lake winter shoes, which arent even as
nice as their new ones.

All the well-prepared guys in Chicago use hotronics footbed warmers.
They make your feet totally forgettable in any temperature. by that i
mean you dont have to even think about your feet. They stay warm. And
ever since I bought hotronics, my hands have stayed warmer as well.
They are expensive.

On 9 Oct 2006 14:18:34 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>A teammate of mine swears by his Lake winter shoes, which arent even as
>nice as their new ones.
>
>All the well-prepared guys in Chicago use hotronics footbed warmers.
>They make your feet totally forgettable in any temperature. by that i
>mean you dont have to even think about your feet. They stay warm. And
>ever since I bought hotronics, my hands have stayed warmer as well.
>They are expensive.

Along similar lines, I've started using chemical foot warmers on long
rides in winter.

--
JT
****************************

Dogfighting wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need a pair of cold weather cycling shoes for my road bike. I am
> aware of SIDI's Freeze boots and the many shoe cover booties. Anyone
> know of any other reputable companies that make these type of cycling
> shoes ?

There are some NOS Duegis available on eBay in several sizes:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?L19A220FD

Duegi offroad shoes work really well in cyclocross for me. The sole is
stiff enough to pedal well but flexes enough for running. They haven't
been imported to the US for years so I either buy them in Italy or find
them on eBay.

Bret

In article <[email protected]>,
John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 9 Oct 2006 14:18:34 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
>
> >A teammate of mine swears by his Lake winter shoes, which arent even as
> >nice as their new ones.
> >
> >All the well-prepared guys in Chicago use hotronics footbed warmers.
> >They make your feet totally forgettable in any temperature. by that i
> >mean you dont have to even think about your feet. They stay warm. And
> >ever since I bought hotronics, my hands have stayed warmer as well.
> >They are expensive.

> Along similar lines, I've started using chemical foot warmers on long
> rides in winter.

Oh JT, you'd better not let **** Pound hear you talking like that.

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 04:04:49 GMT, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]>
wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> On 9 Oct 2006 14:18:34 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
>>
>> >A teammate of mine swears by his Lake winter shoes, which arent even as
>> >nice as their new ones.
>> >
>> >All the well-prepared guys in Chicago use hotronics footbed warmers.
>> >They make your feet totally forgettable in any temperature. by that i
>> >mean you dont have to even think about your feet. They stay warm. And
>> >ever since I bought hotronics, my hands have stayed warmer as well.
>> >They are expensive.

>> Along similar lines, I've started using chemical foot warmers on long
>> rides in winter.

>Oh JT, you'd better not let **** Pound hear you talking like that.

LOL.

--