Winter Shoes

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Slartibartfast, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. So, the nokian order should be ariving any day now, theres snow on the ground, temps are in the
    teens, and I'm thinkin' some toasty warm MTB shoes are going to be needed this winter. I've narrowed
    my search down to the Sidid Storms or the Gaerne Polar. I currently have a pair of Sidi's for summer
    and love the way they fit my foot but I can get the Gaerne's for 50% off, so does anybody have
    anything to say about Garene's shoes? anybody have firsthand expirience with the Polars?

    Thanks

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    __o _-\<,_ Jason Byrnes (_)/ (_)

    Tags:

  2. Slartibartfast wrote:
    > So, the nokian order should be ariving any day now, theres snow on the ground, temps are in the
    > teens, and I'm thinkin' some toasty warm MTB shoes are going to be needed this winter. I've
    > narrowed my search down to the Sidid Storms or the Gaerne Polar. I currently have a pair of
    > Sidi's for summer and love the way they fit my foot but I can get the Gaerne's for 50% off, so
    > does anybody have anything to say about Garene's shoes? anybody have firsthand expirience with
    > the Polars?

    Love all my Sidi's... the Dominator's, the Storms, even my big stormtrooper style motorcycle
    boots... those WOP's sure know how to make some fine shoes, cheese and wine.

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Slartibartfast" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > So, the nokian order should be ariving any day now, theres snow on the ground, temps are in the
    > teens, and I'm thinkin' some toasty warm MTB
    shoes
    > are going to be needed this winter. I've narrowed my search down to the Sidid Storms or the Gaerne
    > Polar. I currently have a pair of Sidi's for summer and love the way they fit my foot but I can
    > get the Gaerne's for
    50%
    > off, so does anybody have anything to say about Garene's shoes? anybody
    have
    > firsthand expirience with the Polars?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > ~~~~~~~~~~
    > __o _-\<,_ Jason Byrnes (_)/ (_)
    > ~~~~~~~~~~

    http://bikeman.com/

    Have you seen the Lake MXZ300?

    DTW .../\.../\.../\...

  4. Jan Sacharuk

    Jan Sacharuk Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Slartibartfast wrote:
    > So, the nokian order should be ariving any day now, theres snow on the ground, temps are in the
    > teens, and I'm thinkin' some toasty warm MTB shoes are going to be needed this winter. I've
    > narrowed my search down to the Sidid Storms or the Gaerne Polar. I currently have a pair of
    > Sidi's for summer and love the way they fit my foot but I can get the Gaerne's for 50% off, so
    > does anybody have anything to say about Garene's shoes? anybody have firsthand expirience with
    > the Polars?

    I've never had winter specific shoes. I've found that buying a really cheap pair of shoes usually
    does the trick, since one of the things they skimp on is ventilation in cheap shoes. If the winter
    wrecks them after a few years, you don't even have to care.

    When it gets really cold (down in the -15C and lower range) windproof booties are a must, though.
    With the winter shoes, you probably don't have to worry about extras like that.

    JS

    --
    Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code

    - Hermes, Futurama

  5. Jeffrz

    Jeffrz Guest

    I found a pair of those Nike spd-compatible MTB shoes/hiking boots.....their not all that
    comfortable but offer up a bit more protection.