winter storing of the bike if ya live in a flat

tottenham21

Nov 12, 2011
How about keeping it in the storage room outside my balcony as we still live in a flat and my wife don't want me to leave the bike indoors cause if our son hits it with a toy or something I will get upset, should I worry about it getting rusty or not, I doesn't get wet in it so I think it should be fine at least till we buy a house next year in which case the bike will have its own room hahahaha...

It shouldn't be much different from keeping it in a garage. Your storage room probably isn't climate controlled, so it may be a bit cold to the touch when you first climb on during the winter months, but it should warm up pretty quick. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Ta for the input, I just don't want it to get any rust or dent, as a matter of fact I just told me wife to get all the other rubbish she keeps in there out and to use that storage room only for the bikes, mine and hers.. :D

Originally Posted by tottenham21 .

Ta for the input, I just don't want it to get any rust or dent, as a matter of fact I just told me wife to get all the other rubbish she keeps in there out and to use that storage room only for the bikes, mine and hers.. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif
You might consider getting a wall or ceiling mount from which to suspend your bike. That would not only relieve of the worry of rust, but it would keep the bike out of the grasp of a curious little boy. Well, you can make your ceiling or wall mount just by buying some rubber coated storage hooks:

Treat your bike the same in the winter as in the summer. Ride it. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif