winter-time in Pennsylvania

Status
Not open for further replies.
>> red-racers, kingsnakes, kangaroo rats and lizards. I'd be always wondering if I was their menu.

> I don't know about all this.

Yes.. it is extremely dangerous here.. better you stay there.. you wouldn't like it here..
earthquakes, spiney-pokey jumping cactus everywhere, dangerous animals, pit bulls with aids,
blackwidows with wings, fire ants, africanized bees, Barbara Boxer, etc.

> I think I would prefer a Snow Plough over pitching my tent in an area that was home to
> rattlesnakes,

Yes, you are obviously correct.. what wuz I thinking of? :)

But intellectual honesty (I read that in a book somewhere) drives me to continue:

- Lots of scenic solitude to be found in the desert
- no mosquitos
- no chiggers
- no no-see-ums
- no flys to speak of
- no ticks
- no poison oak or ivy
- not much stinging nettle
- no tornados
- no hurricanes
- no rush-hour traffic
- no noise
- no smog
- no muggers
- no life insurance salesmen
- just a few crazed hatchet murderers
- lots of flying saucers, but no crop-circles
- earthquakes add zest to living
- lizards are cute and are eaten BY people (historically Shoshone Paiutes), not the other
way around.
- red racers are fun, you chase them a while, they chase you a while.. (the reciprocity is in the
true spirit of democracy and fair play). They gave me exercise AND excitement as a kid.
- I consider myself privileged to see a rattlesnake. I killed many as a kid, now I regret that
foolishness. One learns simple rules (use a flashlight at night, etc) and you might be fine.
- kingsnakes are kewel! They don't bite, they are beautiful, they aren't slimey, they are very
scarce. And they eat rattlesnakes.
- kangaroo rats are the cutest lil things. They have a sense of humor too. They don't bite, and if
they don't have Bubonic Plague-carrying fleas or Hanta Virus, you might be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.