Winter Training Starts tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by Hunter w/kg, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Hunter w/kg

Hunter w/kg New Member

If you haven't started your off-season winter training plan, now is the time to start!

I have some great online Wattage based winter training plans that are easy to use and you don't need any subscription.

Check them out Wattage Power Cycling Training Plans by Hunter Allen | TrainingPeaks

And for those of you that would just like a few new Winter Wattage workouts, I have just uploaded

a workout library of 15 Indoor power based workouts to the Store on Free Training Log, Training Plans and Food Diary | TrainingPeaks

Log into your TrainingPeaks account and then click on STORE and Exercise library.

They just load right into your account and then you can pick and choose as you like.

Let the winter training season begin!

Hunter

Tags:

2. jgmtri

jgmtri New Member

Hey Hunter,

If you are a Training Peaks subscriber how do you get the 15 indoor power based workouts? I clicked on the link you provided but nothing downloaded to my account. :eek: :confused:

Thanks,

JM

3. mullerrj

mullerrj New Member

JM..the Training Log is FREE not the Workouts. I thought the same as you initially. Cheers Rob

4. Hunter w/kg

Hunter w/kg New Member

5. mullerrj

mullerrj New Member

Just bought em. They look good...and some pretty challenging. Looking forward to trying them out on my trainer..weather forecast aint lookin too good this weekend. Thanks Rob

6. Hunter w/kg

Hunter w/kg New Member

Great to hear. I know you'll enjoy them! I plan on coming out with a Winter Training Part II later this year(just when everyone gets bored of their current indoor workouts!).
    Let me know if you have any questions!
    Hunter

7. mullerrj

mullerrj New Member

Hunter- I do have a question. Can I combine workouts or does that negate the physiological adaptation I'm trying to achieve? i.e. if I do a Speed Skill workout (Form Sprints, Spin-ups, ILT, etc.), which are relatively short in duration compared to other workouts, can I combine that with a longer Endurance workout? Or, should I just save/use them for active recovery days and do them solely? These workouts (that I purchased) are a great supplement to my standard Winter interval workouts that I do. Looking forward to Part II. Thanks Rob

8. Hunter w/kg

Hunter w/kg New Member

Rob-
    Sorry for the slow reply, but been traveling a ton!

You should be able to combine them when you have extra time. Do the more focused stuff first when you are fresher and then the endurance stuff later.

Don't do them in on recovery/rest days though!

Glad you love the additional workouts that you purchased as well. That's great to hear.

Winter workouts II should be coming Xmas week!

Again, for anyone looking just for wattage workouts, here's how you get them.
    http://www.peakscoachinggroup.com/ASPX/trainingplans/how to purchase hunter allens library.pdf

Hunter