Winter Training

trekchic

Jul 26, 2003
What are you guys going to do to stay in cycling shape for the Winter?

I work out at least 2x a week at a place called "Curves for Women". If you have one in your area, look them up. I lost 40# working out there and watching my carbs (before I got into cycling) and I have continued to workout there because of the great resistance training.......and I've never been sore after a workout! I feel energized and healthy with no pain! Check it out!

I am looking for a trainer to purchase for the winter. Do you recommend fluid or magnetic?

Keep in touch ladies! We've got to stick together or this forum will be about guys who tell stories about "school girls flashing their girlie parts and throwing their panties to them w/ their phone # written on them".......whatever! (see the bike cafe' forum, "comments from cars" or something like that!...memphman had a post about that and I replied to it...........he didn't like my reply very much! haha! wonder why?!)

I'm getting an elite fluid for my birthday. they make an excellent trainer w/the resistance mimicking road feel.
trekchic-a couple of us replied to your saddle questions in the "more questions" thread. check it out and hope it helps.
I don't have any "technical" feedback to give you re: trainers.
also check out www.performancebike.com
There are various trainers out there. In part-it depends what you can spend.
ciao!

Originally posted by trekchic
What are you guys going to do to stay in cycling shape for the Winter?

I am looking for a trainer to purchase for the winter. Do you recommend fluid or magnetic?

I'm new to cycling and have very little experience with "true road feel", but the magnetic trainer I bought works fine for me. It was $50 less than the fluid version, and I figured the money could be better spent elsewhere. General consensus is that fluid is definitely better, however. If you can afford the money, go with that!