Winter training

fujimo

Dec 15, 2002
I wanted to know what kinda things you do for winter training, right now I'm doing ~2-3hr/day with like 3x15min intervals at a HR of ~85-90% (below my AT).

And yes, it's California, Thank g-d for the weatherman being wrong everyday, let the sun shine

yeah, forgot to add that it is different every day.

Sun: 2.5hrs with 3x10min @ME (HR of 85-90%)& 2x15min of hills at ME

Mon: vegetate

Tue: 2.0hrs with 2x8min @ME with 6x2min of climbing @ 45rpm

Wed: 2.5hrs with 2x15min @ME

Thu: 2.0hrs 2x10min @ME & 2x12min @ME in hills (2nd half at AT(95%+))

Fri: Nada

Sat: 2.0hrs flat with 3x15min @ME

Originally posted by fujimo
I wanted to know what kinda things you do for winter training, right now I'm doing ~2-3hr/day with like 3x15min intervals at a HR of ~85-90% (below my AT).

And yes, it's California, Thank g-d for the weatherman being wrong everyday, let the sun shine [/B

I do 2 sets of 20 minute intervals at my LT with my watt meter programed into the watts I can hold that at. I am slowly upping my watts.

It is the hardest to start up again the second interval after a break. GAH! everything starts to bug me . its all mental.
I can do 2 30 minutes at my HR , LT OUTSIDE on the mountain bike.... but I have a tough time doing that inside on the trainer for some reason.

I have been running to help my mental stamina. well. I had my LT figured out for me so its just a range. I think its still that 85%-90% range, right?

oh well. I just do what the coach say. <giggle>

OH...I only do that one day a week. sorry

monday recovery
tuesday intervals 2-20 min. LT watt where I can do that.
wed. long ride ..outdoors. fun ride with hubby. lift. squats, dead lifts, clean and jerk. abs
thurs. 1 hour junk miles on the trainer watching a movie
fri. recovery
sat. long ride or a long run
sun. oh boy. we play outside in the snow on the mountain bikes all day . OR. ride inside and motivate each other somehow.

Man I can't wait till spring.

chicago.