Winter walking gear & clothing

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 23:29:02 +0000, Phil Cook
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 19:54:05 +0000, Peewiglet wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:39:36 +0000, Gordon Harris
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>[...]
>>>
>>>Actually, he is tri-lingual. :)
>>>
>>>Viva is Spanish, la is French, difference is English.

>>I like to think I'm an adaptable sort of piglet.... :)

>Perhaps you are bisextile as well?
>
>Actually, he is tri-lingual
> ^^
>Just a leap in the dark. :)

This sheds new light on PW's extensive knowledge of men's underwear.

<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 19:54:05 +0000, Peewiglet wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:39:36 +0000, Gordon Harris
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>[...]
>>>
>>>Actually, he is tri-lingual. :)
>>>
>>>Viva is Spanish, la is French, difference is English.

>>I like to think I'm an adaptable sort of piglet.... :)

>Perhaps you are bisextile as well?
>
>Actually, he is tri-lingual
> ^^
>Just a leap in the dark. :)

I noticed that, but I didn't want to seem picky so I decided to say
nothing.

Besides, I like to be surrounded by an air of mystery :))

Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 23:30:26 +0000, Rooney <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 23:29:02 +0000, Phil Cook
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 19:54:05 +0000, Peewiglet wrote:
>>
>>>On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:39:36 +0000, Gordon Harris
>>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>[...]
>>>
>>>I like to think I'm an adaptable sort of piglet.... :)

>>Perhaps you are bisextile as well?
>>
>>Actually, he is tri-lingual
>> ^^
>>Just a leap in the dark. :)

>This sheds new light on PW's extensive knowledge of men's underwear.

As a piglet, it's not difficult to assume a disguise... heh heh...

Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:19:53 -0000, Darren G <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> [...]
> >Which ones have you got? Mountain Guide GTX or Mountain Trail GTX?

> Mountain Trail GTX.
>

> Best wishes,

explains things then. Mine are the Guide GTXs which are lighter weight,
and definitely flexible. Just trying to decide how often I will wear
winter boots and hence if I can spare 160 quid for a pair.

And in case I forget to say it anywhere else ... Happy & Prosperous New
Year to all.
--
Darren
mail to darren not ng

Peewiglet wrote on Fri, 31 Dec 2004 19:57:58 +0000....
> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 19:08:55 -0000, Tim Jackson
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> [...]
> >The chairman of the quoted multinational company that I work for is
> >well travelled and should have known better. But that didn't stop him
> >walking into an American stationery shop, choosing a sweet and
> >innocent young female assistant, and telling her that he wanted to buy
> >a rubber.

> And was the assistant able to laugh about it? Things were pretty
> strait-laced when I worked as a trip guide in Massachusetts one summer
> in the early 80s... too sexually repressed for that sort of giggle, as
> I recall.

Yeah, that sounds about right. The chairman did eventually make it
out of the shop with an eraser, though, after explaining that he
needed to edit some pencil notes he was making.

--
Tim Jackson
[email protected]lid

Peewiglet <[email protected]> writes:

>On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:41:04 +0000, Peter Clinch
><[email protected]> wrote:

>>Shall we move onto the Great Scone Pronunciation Debate? ;-)

>What debate? The word is pronounced "skon".

That's how you pronounce the scone you eat. If you live in Scone you
pronounce it "skoon". If your granny didn't make them your
pronunciation may differ.
[http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:31:13 +0000, Judith
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> If you haven't got any gaiters a cheap basic
>>pair will do and are inexpensive to replace if you do tear them. Duct
>>tape is good for emergency repairs to gaiters and overtrousers.

>I don't know where my gaiters are ..... but I do know where the gaffer
>tape is! Thanks for the tip.

Hurrah! Have just tipped the house upside down and found my gaiters!

Unfortunately, I found them by remembering where they were ..... after
I'd ripped the house apart.

I may be busy for a few days while I try to get everything back where
it should be!

Judith

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:31:13 +0000, Judith
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >> If you haven't got any gaiters a cheap basic
> >>pair will do and are inexpensive to replace if you do tear them. Duct
> >>tape is good for emergency repairs to gaiters and overtrousers.

> >I don't know where my gaiters are ..... but I do know where the gaffer
> >tape is! Thanks for the tip.

> Hurrah! Have just tipped the house upside down and found my gaiters!

I had mine this morning. Nice, well fitting black things.

But now they have disappeared again. but I do have some brown, inch
thick mud tubes. (I now remember why I prefer mountains to valleys)

Any clever cleaning tips other than my normal 'hose 'em down and let 'em
dry'?

--
Darren
mail to darren not ng

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 23:49:31 -0000, Darren G <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Hurrah! Have just tipped the house upside down and found my gaiters!

>I had mine this morning. Nice, well fitting black things.
>
>But now they have disappeared again. but I do have some brown, inch
>thick mud tubes. (I now remember why I prefer mountains to valleys)
>
>Any clever cleaning tips other than my normal 'hose 'em down and let 'em
>dry'?

Oh yes indeedy. Shove in a cupboard for 18 months. *THEN* take them
outside and scrub 'em.

Works every time for me!

Judith
PS Mine had a dead spider, wrapped in a tatty old web, stuck to the
mud. What a shocking way to treat outdoor gear.

Darren G <[email protected]> writes

>> Hurrah! Have just tipped the house upside down and found my gaiters!

>I had mine this morning. Nice, well fitting black things.
>
>But now they have disappeared again. but I do have some brown, inch
>thick mud tubes. (I now remember why I prefer mountains to valleys)
>
>Any clever cleaning tips other than my normal 'hose 'em down and let 'em
>dry'?

I hardly ever wear mine, but I shoved them in the washing machine.
They go nicely in with trainers, to reduce the thudding noises. :)

I even washed my Nike leather trainers this way when they refused to
come clean with the fancy stuff JB Sports sold me, telling me "You can't
put these in the washing machine like you can with plastic trainers, you
know".

Oh yes I can! Just packed them with newspaper afterwards and left them
to dry like new.
--
Gordon Harris

I noticed that Message-ID:
<[email protected]> from Darren G contained
the following:

>> Hurrah! Have just tipped the house upside down and found my gaiters!

>I had mine this morning. Nice, well fitting black things.
>
>But now they have disappeared again. but I do have some brown, inch
>thick mud tubes. (I now remember why I prefer mountains to valleys)

Yeah, I got some of those today after walking through a field of what I
thought were short legged cows...

Mined ewe, they did the trick, the mud would have come in the tops of my
boots other wise, but I stayed dry and toasty.

--
Geoff Berrow (put thecat out to email)
It's only Usenet, no one dies.