Winter's coming! Need warm clothes

sfbrown

Aug 28, 2005
Hi, I'm new to Mtb'ing and I need some warm clothes as I have no intention of putting the bike away for the winter. I'm the type that grills 12 months a year and I live in Northern Ohio. Clothing for 20 degrees or so should do it. I am the warm blooded type. I know what to use for jogging but I need to compensate for the wind chill.

Anyway, who are the better manufacturers, what do I need, etc?

Thanks, Steve

Me Too! I grille 12 months, sea kayak as well with 40 degrees & sunny if we get it in Jan & Feb. Not sure I have the stamina for 20 degrees, but interested where I go with shorty cycling jersey and bellwether shorts. What layering can I do, what jacket works to extend the season?

Peter - Plymouth, MA

MTB WVA said:
Pearl Izumi makes arm and leg warmers. They are very nice.
Thanks, I'll check their website. There's one or two places locally that may carry the stuff in stock.

Regards, Steve

buy some knickers w/ wind fronts and some thermal jerseys. Use a vest or wind jacket when it is windy or just plain chilly. Put some neoprene booties on over your shoes and don't forget about the skull cap under your helmet. A good pair of thermal gloves and you will be set. I ride 12 months a year and can usually stay warm. I do avoid riding on slushy and snowy days. Each companies cloths fits different. try on a few to see what feels best. Personally i like Castelli and Sugio. For my bibs i like the Assos brand ones, they have a nice windproof front (2003 model).