wired to win imax movie

Katharine & Paul

Guest
Hello all!

Does anyone know where this movie is on in Australia?????

Katharine & Paul wrote:
> Is it only in Melbourne??

Ok, it's an IMAX movie. How about you have a look for an IMAX in the
city you live in (they'll have a webpage, and google works ... ) and
then you can tell everyone here what you discover? You can even then
ask if anyone wants to go with you to see it, make it a bit of a fun
thing. You asked if it was on anywhere in Oz, and it is on in
Melbourne, which, last time I checked, was still in Australia.

Bleve said:
Ok, it's an IMAX movie. How about you have a look for an IMAX in the
city you live in (they'll have a webpage, and google works ... ) and
then you can tell everyone here what you discover? You can even then
ask if anyone wants to go with you to see it, make it a bit of a fun
thing. You asked if it was on anywhere in Oz, and it is on in
Melbourne, which, last time I checked, was still in Australia.

cheers - saved me from posting "oh FFS *bang head*"... Interweb laziness is on the increase..

"gplama" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Bleve Wrote:
>>
>> Ok, it's an IMAX movie. How about you have a look for an IMAX in the
>> city you live in (they'll have a webpage, and google works ... ) and
>> then you can tell everyone here what you discover? You can even then
>> ask if anyone wants to go with you to see it, make it a bit of a fun
>> thing. You asked if it was on anywhere in Oz, and it is on in
>> Melbourne, which, last time I checked, was still in Australia.

> cheers - saved me from posting "oh FFS *bang head*"... Interweb
> laziness is on the increase..
>

> --
> gplama

I went and saw it last week. Not bad but most of "not bad" is due to big
screen effect else is it just a 45 min documentary which is interesting but
not exactly news. I think $17 price for a 45 min doc is a rip off. I bet
they will show it on SBS in July.

A cyclist wrote:

> I went and saw it last week. Not bad but most of "not bad" is due to big
> screen effect else is it just a 45 min documentary which is interesting but
> not exactly news. I think $17 price for a 45 min doc is a rip off. I bet
> they will show it on SBS in July.

I'll go see it and give it a go. I watched (thanks GPL!) The Hard Road
last night - or at least tried to. Anyone remember the old TV docos
they used to show during lunch on the cricket? Some doco on whitewater
kayaking or hanggliding etc? Remember the jerky style, the droning
voiceover? The stunningly dull footage shot from miles away and the odd
out-of-context interview with one of the players of the game in
question while doing some inane training drill or while getting ready
for an event? Put that on bikes, and you have "the hard road".

Now I know why "Overcoming" gets such rave reviews! Hell on wheels
really *was* excellent, the rest need to go back to film school :(
I've got a copy of "The road to Paris" on order, will review that when
I get it.

Bleve said:
A cyclist wrote:

> I went and saw it last week. Not bad but most of "not bad" is due to big
> screen effect else is it just a 45 min documentary which is interesting but
> not exactly news. I think $17 price for a 45 min doc is a rip off. I bet
> they will show it on SBS in July.

I'll go see it and give it a go. I watched (thanks GPL!) The Hard Road
last night - or at least tried to. Anyone remember the old TV docos
they used to show during lunch on the cricket? Some doco on whitewater
kayaking or hanggliding etc? Remember the jerky style, the droning
voiceover? The stunningly dull footage shot from miles away and the odd
out-of-context interview with one of the players of the game in
question while doing some inane training drill or while getting ready
for an event? Put that on bikes, and you have "the hard road".

Now I know why "Overcoming" gets such rave reviews! Hell on wheels
really *was* excellent, the rest need to go back to film school :(
I've got a copy of "The road to Paris" on order, will review that when
I get it.

I remember seeing Road to Paris a few years ago (it was made in 2001). LA is a nutter in it. The best bit I remember was him riding up one of the Alps to a point where he can't go any further because of the snow.... He can't understand why and rides back down 10km and back up... classic.