Wired to Win in Australia

rooman

Mar 11, 2005
from www.cyclingnews.com

The IMAX movie Wired to Win is set to debut in Melbourne, Australia on February 23. The film follows Baden Cooke on his way to winning the green sprinter's jersey in the 2003 Tour de France, and his Française des Jeux teammate Jimmy Casper. It shows how the human brain allows elite athletes to compete and push themselves beyond ordinary limits.

"There are so many great cyclists who put themselves through so much, yet go unnoticed," said Baden Cooke. "Winning the green jersey has been one of the highlights of my career, and to have this captured on the giant screen is even more rewarding."

The film manages to capture the challenges a scientist can experience every day, piecing together the remarkable puzzle of the brain. This is set alongside the beautiful scenery of the French Alps, the knotted villages of Provence, and the chic streets of Paris.

To raise awareness of brain research, IMAX has partnered with the Howard Florey Institute, Australia's leading brain research institute in Melbourne, that uses the brain imaging technology demonstrated in the film to investigate the brain and work towards better treatments for brain disorders.

IMAX Melbourne is located in Carlton. More information at www.imaxmelbourne.com.au and www.wiredtowinthemovie.com

rooman said:
from www.cyclingnews.com

The IMAX movie Wired to Win is set to debut in Melbourne, Australia on February 23. The film follows Baden Cooke on his way to winning the green sprinter's jersey in the 2003 Tour de France, and his Française des Jeux teammate Jimmy Casper. It shows how the human brain allows elite athletes to compete and push themselves beyond ordinary limits.

"There are so many great cyclists who put themselves through so much, yet go unnoticed," said Baden Cooke. "Winning the green jersey has been one of the highlights of my career, and to have this captured on the giant screen is even more rewarding."

The film manages to capture the challenges a scientist can experience every day, piecing together the remarkable puzzle of the brain. This is set alongside the beautiful scenery of the French Alps, the knotted villages of Provence, and the chic streets of Paris.

To raise awareness of brain research, IMAX has partnered with the Howard Florey Institute, Australia's leading brain research institute in Melbourne, that uses the brain imaging technology demonstrated in the film to investigate the brain and work towards better treatments for brain disorders.

IMAX Melbourne is located in Carlton. More information at www.imaxmelbourne.com.au and www.wiredtowinthemovie.com
Pity it's not in Sydney yet, namley because I live in Canberra and its closer. Called the IMAX in Sydney and they had never hear of the move so I think I will be waiting a while