Wireless 2way communication?

Does anyone know of a wireless 2way communication device that
fits over one ear with a mic that parallels the jawbone?

That would be great when cycling with a buddy. We would not
have to shout, and it eliminates the difficulty of hearing
someone riding behind you.

We could use cell phones. But that's an expensive approach,
depending on the phone plan.

I have two-way "radios" with VOX. I could see if the
wireless phone adapters work with them. (Probably.) And
of course, we could just use wired earbuds.

But I really prefer the kind of compact wireless 2way device
I describe above. Does it exist?

[email protected] wrote:
> According to the ads, you could take a pair of Kenwod FRS radios
> (http://www.kenwood.net/indexKenwood.cfm?do=ProductDetails&ProdID=69&Group=7)
> and add HeadOn wireless headsets
> (http://www.headonwireless.com/headonwireless.htm). Expensive, but the
> HeadOn site says it eliminates the need for PTT.

Thanks for the pointers. Even if these are not the
right products (but they might be), you have certainly
pointed me in the right direction. I appreciate it.

The ideal VOX 2way radio would be the size and weight
of a micro-MP3 player. It would be designed to work
only with a wireless headset like the one you point to.
My USB micro-MP3 player is 3 x 1.4 x 0.6 inches and
weighs about 39 grams.

(Well, the __ideal__ VOX 2way radio would be built into
the 8-gram wireless headset or the "dongle". But I might
be asking for just a tad too much ;->.)

On 5 Sep 2005 17:43:15 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>(Well, the __ideal__ VOX 2way radio would be built into
>the 8-gram wireless headset or the "dongle". But I might
>be asking for just a tad too much ;->.)

Do you want the heavy duty transmitter next to your brain, your balls, or
your pacemaker?

Jasper

Jasper Janssen asked JoeU:

> Do you want the heavy duty transmitter next to your brain,
> your balls, or your pacemaker?

What's the matter, Jasper, are you afraid to die?

JoeU asked:

> Does anyone know of a wireless 2way communication device
> that fits over one ear with a mic that parallels the jawbone?

I've been using various FM-talkies of that description to speak with the
stoker while on a tandem bike over the past twenty years:

http://www.precisiontandems.com/tandemcomwireless.htm

JoeU asked about:

>> http://www.precisiontandems.com/tandemcomwireless.htm

> If the unit is wireless, why does the photo at the cited
> URL show wires coming down from the headset?

The wire goes to the transceiver, which is worn at the waist.

> I suspect the Ultimate (aka Ultra) Headset is for wired use.
> Right?

Wrong.

> How do you carry the 1/2-pound radio units if you do not
> have a belt and you do not have a jersey with pockets?

Hook the unit's belt-clip into the waistband of your shorts.