Wireless Bike Computer w/ Cadence?

M Kochanski

Guest
I'm looking for a wireless with cadence. Anyone with
positive or negative experiences with wireless bicycle
computers with cadence is appreciated - basically looking
for models to avoid or models worth trying out.

Mark

"M Kochanski" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm looking for a wireless with cadence. Anyone with
> positive or negative experiences with wireless bicycle
> computers with cadence is appreciated - basically looking
> for models to avoid or models worth trying out.
>
> Mark

Hi mark,

I was looking for one too but couldn't get a wireless one
with cadence. The Bike Shop in Harrow suggested that the
distance is too great between the handle bars and the crank.
In the end I got a Cateye Astrale, which works great.

--
Wayne
www.WarmWeatherCamps.com

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 08:05:11 +0100, "DrClean" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"M Kochanski" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> I'm looking for a wireless with cadence. Anyone with
>> positive or negative experiences with wireless bicycle
>> computers with cadence is appreciated - basically looking
>> for models to avoid or models worth trying out.
>>
>> Mark
>
>Hi mark,
>
>I was looking for one too but couldn't get a wireless
>one with cadence. The Bike Shop in Harrow suggested that
>the distance is too great between the handle bars and
>the crank. In the end I got a Cateye Astrale, which
>works great.

My Polar 510 has this option, but I never really got the
cadence to work properly. Mind you, it was fitted to a
softride, and it's not too easy to find anywhere to put the
cadence sensor in the first place!

Steve

"Steve Holdoway" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 08:05:11 +0100, "DrClean"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >"M Kochanski" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> I'm looking for a wireless with cadence. Anyone with
> >> positive or negative experiences with wireless bicycle
> >> computers with cadence is appreciated - basically
> >> looking for models to avoid or models worth trying out.
> >>
> >> Mark
> >
> >Hi mark,
> >
> >I was looking for one too but couldn't get a wireless
> >one with cadence. The Bike Shop in Harrow suggested that
> >the distance is too great between the handle bars and
> >the crank. In the end I got a Cateye Astrale, which
> >works great.
>
> My Polar 510 has this option, but I never really got the
> cadence to work properly. Mind you, it was fitted to a
> softride, and it's not too easy to find anywhere to put
> the cadence sensor in the first place!
>
> Steve

I'm glad you brought up the 510. I have a "wired"
Performance Axiom(cheap, but has lasted several years)with
cadence, and I just last year got the s510. I've not had
100% success with it as a cyclo-computer. It's intermittent
- and when it does work for a full ride tends to be off on
its speed. (I don't know if the wired system is
interfering...)

I've thought about getting the cadence sensor, but I haven't
yet decided that I need to spend $40 just so that I can have
another graph to analyze.

-CF

I have the 720i and say it works flawlessly, both speed and
cadence, both wireless. Just pulled down the race bike from
the rafters and all functions work as they should. I did
have to replace the cadence sensor battery shortly after I
purchased it, but since then it has been great. Although if
it wasn't great I would send tt back to them, because it's
to much money not to work right. It's on a Cervelo P2K.

CerveloRod

ChronoFish wrote:
> "Steve Holdoway" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 08:05:11 +0100, "DrClean"
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>"M Kochanski" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>Hi mark,
>>>
>>>I was looking for one too but couldn't get a wireless
>>>one with cadence. The Bike Shop in Harrow suggested that
>>>the distance is too great between the handle bars and
>>>the crank. In the end I got a Cateye Astrale, which
>>>works great.
>>
>>My Polar 510 has this option, but I never really got the
>>cadence to work properly. Mind you, it was fitted to a
>>softride, and it's not too easy to find anywhere to put
>>the cadence sensor in the first place!
>>
>>Steve
>

> I'm glad you brought up the 510. I have a "wired"
> Performance Axiom(cheap, but has lasted several years)with
> cadence, and I just last year got the s510. I've not had
> 100% success with it as a cyclo-computer. It's
> intermittent - and when it does work for a full ride tends
> to be off on its speed. (I don't know if the wired system
> is interfering...)
>
> I've thought about getting the cadence sensor, but I
> haven't yet decided that I need to spend $40 just so that
> I can have another graph to analyze.
>
> -CF

In article <6h7k4c.4m3.ln@c-24-21-62-
236.client.comcast.net>, [email protected] says...

> I have the 720i and say it works flawlessly

Same here with the S710. Perfect.

--
Mark (MSA) This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not
volume. Some settling of contents may have occurred during

http://www.trisports.com/vev1wispca.html

Came across this a while back. Have never used it since I
also have a Polar
710. I like the average cadence feature on the Polar model.
Something you don't get with the above model. M~