Wireless Bike Computers. Are they worth it?

> I wanted to buy the new Cateye Cordless 7 just like you. But when I found
>out it doesn't have a cadence, then I stopped.

ok, I saw in Bicycling Magazine July 2004 page 26 the new Cateye advertisement
for two new models, Double Wireless. Now it has speed and cadence.

Get a Shimano wireless Flightdeck. Doesn't have cadence info, but you
won't need to buy another one anytime soon... The bonus (if you don't
know) is that you operate the controls on your hoods (asuming you're
running Shimano)and the unit is bomb proof (Wait can I say that:?)...

[email protected] (Jee Doy) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > I wanted to buy the new Cateye Cordless 7 just like you. But when I found
> >out it doesn't have a cadence, then I stopped.

> ok, I saw in Bicycling Magazine July 2004 page 26 the new Cateye advertisement
> for two new models, Double Wireless. Now it has speed and cadence.

CORRECTION!!! My Flightdeck does have cadence (RPM) info at-a-glance
but, it's based solely on the gears and ratio. IE: you're flying down
a hill and not pedaling at all, and it might say 240 RPMs. Other than
that, it's still a good guide and a sweet buy :)