Wireless Bike Computers. Are they worth it?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Purphekt, Jun 26, 2004.

  1. Jee Doy

    Jee Doy Guest

    > I wanted to buy the new Cateye Cordless 7 just like you. But when I found
    >out it doesn't have a cadence, then I stopped.

    ok, I saw in Bicycling Magazine July 2004 page 26 the new Cateye advertisement
    for two new models, Double Wireless. Now it has speed and cadence.

  2. scottt

    scottt Guest

    Get a Shimano wireless Flightdeck. Doesn't have cadence info, but you
    won't need to buy another one anytime soon... The bonus (if you don't
    know) is that you operate the controls on your hoods (asuming you're
    running Shimano)and the unit is bomb proof (Wait can I say that:?)...

    [email protected] (Jee Doy) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I wanted to buy the new Cateye Cordless 7 just like you. But when I found
    > >out it doesn't have a cadence, then I stopped.

    > ok, I saw in Bicycling Magazine July 2004 page 26 the new Cateye advertisement
    > for two new models, Double Wireless. Now it has speed and cadence.

  3. scottt

    scottt Guest

    CORRECTION!!! My Flightdeck does have cadence (RPM) info at-a-glance
    but, it's based solely on the gears and ratio. IE: you're flying down
    a hill and not pedaling at all, and it might say 240 RPMs. Other than
    that, it's still a good guide and a sweet buy :)