Wireless Cyclocomputer & Cold Weather (or snow/ice?)

Andrew Smith

Guest
I have a cateye wireless something or other and noticed on my ride the other day that I hadn't
logged to many miles when I should have. After paying closer attention, I noticed the mph would
occasionally register 0 or half the speed I thought it should.

I was riding in mid 20s F, on trails with lots of snow, ice, & horse ****.

Other than glancing down while I was pedaling, I didn't bother looking whether the sensor was coated
in ice...or ****.

Anybody experienced this?

a.

andrew smith wrote:
> I have a cateye wireless something or other and noticed on my ride the other day that I hadn't
> logged to many miles when I should have. After paying closer attention, I noticed the mph would
> occasionally register 0 or half the speed I thought it should.
>
> I was riding in mid 20s F, on trails with lots of snow, ice, & horse ****.
>
> Other than glancing down while I was pedaling, I didn't bother looking whether the sensor was
> coated in ice...or ****.
>
> Anybody experienced this?
>
> a.

Yep. http://www.cateye.com/trouble.php?ProdName=Cordless%202

I contacted my local Cateye distributor refering to the above URL. Since I had a pre 2002 model they
sent me a new sensor. I received it in the mail today but I haven't had the chance to go out and see
if anything is any different yet.

--
Perre