Wireless SRM

MintID

Sep 22, 2006
Hi.
I've just ordered a SRM Pro with FSA cranks. But I discovered a wireless version will be availeble in July.
Should I cancel my order? Do you guys think the price of the wired SRM will drop once the wireless hits the market?
I'm also wondering if the wireless would be a better purchase...
Any thoughts?

MintID said:
Hi.
I've just ordered a SRM Pro with FSA cranks. But I discovered a wireless version will be availeble in July.
Should I cancel my order? Do you guys think the price of the wired SRM will drop once the wireless hits the market?
I'm also wondering if the wireless would be a better purchase...
Any thoughts?

....its available already. ya shoulda done your homework

You can run the srm wireless with a 'garmin' if you don't wanna wait for the SRM head unit.

Hitchy said:
You can run the srm wireless with a 'garmin' if you don't wanna wait for the SRM head unit.
ok.
Would you say that it's a must have upgrade ? (from wired to wireless)

MintID said:
ok.

If you can get out of your original order without penalty, I'd be going wireless...I don't think there's a significant cost penalty between them. If I already had a 'wired' SRM, I probably wouldn't bother changing.

I'd stick with wired, at the very least until the PCVI is available.

Some notes about SRM wireless w/Garmin 705 from a user on Wattage listserv:

-max 4 hours recording at 1 sec.
-slope is 'hardwired' (user can't calibrate, poster's brother had a unit arrive ~50w off when compared to a PT and had to send it back to ColoSprings to calibrate)
-SRM doesn not provide support for using the Garmin head unit
-lag time of displayed info as long as 5 seconds at start and stop
-interference spikes of wattage ~2000w

The 'hardwired' slope is the most disappointing to me - hopefully this is due to using the Garmin and will not be the case with the PCVI.

it's going to save 10 mins on installation time, and shelve the risk of breaking the sensor cable, but apart from that i dont see any big advantage.

you'd sort of hope the lag time isnt as bad as stated because i recall the 5 second lag on the polar unit i once had and it was terrible.

peterpen said:
I'd stick with wired, at the very least until the PCVI is available.

Some notes about SRM wireless w/Garmin 705 from a user on Wattage listserv:

-max 4 hours recording at 1 sec.
-slope is 'hardwired' (user can't calibrate, poster's brother had a unit arrive ~50w off when compared to a PT and had to send it back to ColoSprings to calibrate)
-SRM doesn not provide support for using the Garmin head unit
-lag time of displayed info as long as 5 seconds at start and stop
-interference spikes of wattage ~2000w

The 'hardwired' slope is the most disappointing to me - hopefully this is due to using the Garmin and will not be the case with the PCVI.

Is there an online archive of this listserv?

MintID said:
ok.
I'm not going to be upgrading my wired SRM anytime soon.

Dave