Wires strung between trees

Richard wrote:

> The 37-year-old cyclist was saved from severe injury by his helmet,
> which took the force of the impact with the head-height wire.

/Homer Simpson voice

Helmets, eh? Is there anything they can't do?

MartinM wrote:
>>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/4597616.stm

> this has happened before (wasn't it Danny Colyer?). Since when do pedal
> cycles only go less than 10mph?

In my case it was fishing line (I didn't see any mention of what sort of
wire was used in this case). I was probably riding at about 16mph. I
was fortunate that the wire came untied at one end before causing any
serious damage.

Subscribe to PlusNet <URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/referral/>

> If only the Police would treat this for what it is, attempted murder.

When it happened to me the police did nothing, even after reports of
traps being set on 3 consecutive days. I think what put a stop to it
was probably the perps being among the many people to see me having my
photo taken at the scene for the local paper.

About a year later the story featured in an article on the local BBC TV
news about cyclepath safety (I don't know why I didn't think to contact
them at the time). This caused a brief storm in the local media. One
colleague told me that he had heard a police spokesman being interviewed
about it on the radio and saying that they were investigating. It
occurred to us that they may have left the investigation a bit late...

Anyway, you can still see the original Bristol Observer and Bath
Chronicle articles here:
<URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/cycling/fishingline/>

Subscribe to PlusNet <URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/referral/>