Wiresless conflict?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Dd, Apr 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dd

Dd Guest

Anyone know if a Polar HRM will interfere with a wireless Shimano Flightdeck?

The HRM is a 510, which may have some unique signal coding, but I am not sure.

Dan

Tags:

2. DD wrote:

> Anyone know if a Polar HRM will interfere with a wireless Shimano Flightdeck?
    >
    > The HRM is a 510, which may have some unique signal coding, but I am not sure.

Nope. My mate has a flight deck with a polar HRM, (not sure what model though, they are all the
    same anyway).
    --
    Linux Registered User # 302622 <http://counter.li.org

3. Ronald

Ronald Guest

My interference problems with Polar wireless so far:

S610 and CatEye CordLess2: With both the Polar and the CatEye on the handlebars the speedreading on
    the CatEye went everywhere, it was ok with the Polar on the wrist.

S720i and CatEye CordLess2 : CordLess2 was on the bike next to me. The speedreading on the S720i
    went to zero. I'm going to try it again with a higher power setting of the speedsensor.

"DD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    > Anyone know if a Polar HRM will interfere with a wireless Shimano Flightdeck?
    >
    > The HRM is a 510, which may have some unique signal coding, but I am not sure.
    >
    > Dan

4. Ronald wrote:
    > My interference problems with Polar wireless so far:
    >
    > S610 and CatEye CordLess2: With both the Polar and the CatEye on the handlebars the speedreading
    > on the CatEye went everywhere, it was ok with the Polar on the wrist.
    >
    > S720i and CatEye CordLess2 : CordLess2 was on the bike next to me. The speedreading on the S720i
    > went to zero. I'm going to try it again with a higher power setting of the speedsensor.
    >

I think you are having problems not related to wireless conflicts. More like not so good mounts.

I have a Flightdeck and a Polar S-720i on my roadbike. No interference whatsoever. I have a Cateye
    Cordless 2 and the same Polar S-720i on my hybrid. No interference whatsoever. + Polar cadence on
    both bikes.

However it took me a while to get the Polar mounted correct. Once I had it set up straight, it has
    always worked nicely. As a matter of fact when the Cateye quit due to sub freezing temperatures the
    Polar kept going at least down to -15 C. That's as cold as I was ever out on a bike so I can't
    really say how much lower it will go. This was with the standard strenght transmission and the
    Cateye and Polar using the same magneto.

--
    Perre

Remove and/or replace the DOTs as needed to reply

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.