Wiresless conflict?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Dd, Apr 5, 2003.

  1. Dd

    Dd Guest

    Anyone know if a Polar HRM will interfere with a wireless Shimano Flightdeck?

    The HRM is a 510, which may have some unique signal coding, but I am not sure.

    Dan

    Tags:

  2. DD wrote:

    > Anyone know if a Polar HRM will interfere with a wireless Shimano Flightdeck?
    >
    > The HRM is a 510, which may have some unique signal coding, but I am not sure.

    Nope. My mate has a flight deck with a polar HRM, (not sure what model though, they are all the
    same anyway).
    --
    Linux Registered User # 302622 <http://counter.li.org

  3. Ronald

    Ronald Guest

    My interference problems with Polar wireless so far:

    S610 and CatEye CordLess2: With both the Polar and the CatEye on the handlebars the speedreading on
    the CatEye went everywhere, it was ok with the Polar on the wrist.

    S720i and CatEye CordLess2 : CordLess2 was on the bike next to me. The speedreading on the S720i
    went to zero. I'm going to try it again with a higher power setting of the speedsensor.

  4. Ronald wrote:
    > My interference problems with Polar wireless so far:
    >
    > S610 and CatEye CordLess2: With both the Polar and the CatEye on the handlebars the speedreading
    > on the CatEye went everywhere, it was ok with the Polar on the wrist.
    >
    > S720i and CatEye CordLess2 : CordLess2 was on the bike next to me. The speedreading on the S720i
    > went to zero. I'm going to try it again with a higher power setting of the speedsensor.

    I think you are having problems not related to wireless conflicts. More like not so good mounts.

    I have a Flightdeck and a Polar S-720i on my roadbike. No interference whatsoever. I have a Cateye
    Cordless 2 and the same Polar S-720i on my hybrid. No interference whatsoever. + Polar cadence on
    both bikes.

    However it took me a while to get the Polar mounted correct. Once I had it set up straight, it has
    always worked nicely. As a matter of fact when the Cateye quit due to sub freezing temperatures the
    Polar kept going at least down to -15 C. That's as cold as I was ever out on a bike so I can't
    really say how much lower it will go. This was with the standard strenght transmission and the
    Cateye and Polar using the same magneto.

    --
    Perre

    Remove and/or replace the DOTs as needed to reply