Wisconsin drivers courteous?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Robin Hubert, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Robin Hubert

    Robin Hubert Guest

    So I've heard ....

    A friend of mine and I drove to Madison yesterday to attend the Brazen Dropouts swap meet. I like
    driving state and county highways instead of interstates.

    It seems that, wherever I was, driving the speed limit (ya, crazy, eh?), there was someone on my ass
    at all times. Usually, when this happens, I just slow down and force the hand, so to speak, so they
    pass me. Well, this idiot was about 2' off my bumper while travelling through some town. I slowed
    and moved to the shoulder to let him pass (there's a no-passing zone). Well, he went flying by, and
    the guy behind him hesitated and appeared to be willing to settle in behind me. So I get going again
    at the 30mph speed limit. I look ahead and, the guy passing me is speeding, sees a copper coming at
    him the other way, and I can see him hitting the brakes to avoid a speeding ticket. At about this
    time, the idiot behind me puts the pedal to the metal and zooms past me (no-passing zone), heading
    right at the cop (who is less than one block away). Guess who kept going, and who didn't? Ha-ha!
    Justice for the ass-holes!

    Robin Hubert (appreciating Illinois drivers a little more)

    Tags:

  2. Appkiller

    Appkiller Guest

    Used to be. Some still are but the proclamation of Madison as one of the best towns in the country
    to live in has led to an influx of all types of ill-mannered ruffians and general scofflaws.

    I have had a number of incidents involving motorists on my bicycle (south of Madison), the most
    frustrating of which involved a brownie chucked at my head from a moving car (teenage males, they
    should caged or drugged 'til they're 24 or can prove their maturity).

    App

    "Robin Hubert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > So I've heard ....
    >
    > A friend of mine and I drove to Madison yesterday to attend the Brazen Dropouts swap meet. I like
    > driving state and county highways instead of interstates.
    >
    > It seems that, wherever I was, driving the speed limit (ya, crazy, eh?), there was someone on my
    > ass at all times. Usually, when this happens, I just slow down and force the hand, so to speak, so
    > they pass me. Well, this idiot was about 2' off my bumper while travelling through some town. I
    > slowed and moved to the shoulder to let him pass (there's a no-passing zone). Well, he went flying
    > by, and the guy behind him hesitated and appeared to be willing to settle in behind me. So I get
    > going again at the 30mph speed limit. I look ahead and, the guy passing me is speeding, sees a
    > copper coming at him the other way, and I can see him hitting the brakes to avoid a speeding
    > ticket. At about this time, the idiot behind me puts the pedal to the metal and zooms past me
    > (no-passing zone), heading right at the cop (who is less than one block away). Guess who kept
    > going, and who didn't? Ha-ha! Justice for the ass-holes!
    >
    > Robin Hubert (appreciating Illinois drivers a little more)

  3. Not in Oshkosh...