Wisconsin drivers courteous?

Robin Hubert

Guest
So I've heard ....

A friend of mine and I drove to Madison yesterday to attend the Brazen Dropouts swap meet. I like
driving state and county highways instead of interstates.

It seems that, wherever I was, driving the speed limit (ya, crazy, eh?), there was someone on my ass
at all times. Usually, when this happens, I just slow down and force the hand, so to speak, so they
pass me. Well, this idiot was about 2' off my bumper while travelling through some town. I slowed
and moved to the shoulder to let him pass (there's a no-passing zone). Well, he went flying by, and
the guy behind him hesitated and appeared to be willing to settle in behind me. So I get going again
at the 30mph speed limit. I look ahead and, the guy passing me is speeding, sees a copper coming at
him the other way, and I can see him hitting the brakes to avoid a speeding ticket. At about this
time, the idiot behind me puts the pedal to the metal and zooms past me (no-passing zone), heading
right at the cop (who is less than one block away). Guess who kept going, and who didn't? Ha-ha!
Justice for the ass-holes!

Robin Hubert (appreciating Illinois drivers a little more)

Used to be. Some still are but the proclamation of Madison as one of the best towns in the country
to live in has led to an influx of all types of ill-mannered ruffians and general scofflaws.

I have had a number of incidents involving motorists on my bicycle (south of Madison), the most
frustrating of which involved a brownie chucked at my head from a moving car (teenage males, they
should caged or drugged 'til they're 24 or can prove their maturity).

App

news:<[email protected]>...