Wish me luck....

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jonathan Bond, Mar 28, 2003.

  1. I'm going GRS style tomorrow. Yes, thats right, I'm racing the Tufts Criterium! Wanna know the funny
    thing? I'm racing on a bike thats being built up tonight. that I've never ridden. Want to know whats
    funnier? I've ridden a road bike all of 500 yards or so.

    I'll post the massive crash report from the hospital ;)

    Jon "GRS for a day" Bond

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm going GRS style tomorrow. Yes, thats right, I'm racing the Tufts Criterium! Wanna know the
    > funny thing? I'm racing on a bike thats being built up tonight. that I've never ridden. Want to
    > know whats funnier? I've ridden a road bike all of 500 yards or so.
    >
    > I'll post the massive crash report from the hospital ;)
    >
    > Jon "GRS for a day" Bond

    That's fine, go ahead and post the report, but for crying out loud NO pix...please! I don't think I
    could stand seeing a pic of our little "johnny coming out."

    sniff...sniff...sniffle
    --
    Slacker - damn college...I knew they were unhealthy

  3. Cleanbean

    Cleanbean Guest

    "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm going GRS style tomorrow. Yes, thats right, I'm racing the Tufts Criterium! Wanna know the
    > funny thing? I'm racing on a bike thats being built up tonight. that I've never ridden. Want to
    > know whats funnier? I've ridden a road bike all of 500 yards or so.
    >
    > I'll post the massive crash report from the hospital ;)
    >
    > Jon "GRS for a day" Bond

    A moment of silence for Jon?

    Cleanbean ducks the barrage. You had to be in the other thread.

  4. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I'm going GRS style tomorrow. Yes, thats right, I'm racing the Tufts Criterium! Wanna know the
    > > funny thing? I'm racing on a bike thats being built up tonight. that I've never ridden. Want to
    > > know whats funnier? I've ridden a road bike all of 500 yards or so.
    > >
    > > I'll post the massive crash report from the hospital ;)
    > >
    > > Jon "GRS for a day" Bond
    > >
    > A moment of silence for Jon?
    >
    > Cleanbean ducks the barrage. You had to be in the other thread.

    Silence ??? I think we need an exorcism.
    --
    Slacker

  5. Slacker wrote:
    > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>I'm going GRS style tomorrow. Yes, thats right, I'm racing the Tufts Criterium! Wanna know the
    >>funny thing? I'm racing on a bike thats being built up tonight. that I've never ridden. Want to
    >>know whats funnier? I've ridden a road bike all of 500 yards or so.
    >>
    >>I'll post the massive crash report from the hospital ;)
    >>
    >>Jon "GRS for a day" Bond
    >

    > That's fine, go ahead and post the report, but for crying out loud NO pix...please! I don't think
    > I could stand seeing a pic of our little "johnny coming out."
    >
    > sniff...sniff...sniffle
    > --
    > Slacker - damn college...I knew they were unhealthy

    Haha. Only reason I'm racing is because its our race. I swept the course for 4 hours today (yes, as
    in with a broom), and I gotta do it again at 5AM, so I might as well get something back from it! I'm
    gonna go on some road rides and stuff, but with the soul purpose of training for mountain bike
    racing. I suck brutally at hills, so a bit o' training can't hurt.

    Now where's my feather boa?

    Jon "GRS" Bond

  6. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm going GRS style tomorrow. Yes, thats right, I'm racing the Tufts Criterium! Wanna know the
    > funny thing? I'm racing on a bike thats being built up tonight. that I've never ridden. Want to
    > know whats funnier? I've ridden a road bike all of 500 yards or so.
    >
    > I'll post the massive crash report from the hospital ;)
    >
    > Jon "GRS for a day" Bond

    Well, what ever happened to readin, writin and rithmetic at dem Universities? They gotta make our
    boy a danged gay roadie for a day, too!

    Well, have fun, and don't let any swish follow too close.

    Paladin

  7. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Slacker wrote:
    > > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

    > >>I'm going GRS style tomorrow. Yes, thats right, I'm racing the Tufts Criterium! Wanna know the
    > >>funny thing? I'm racing on a bike thats being built up tonight. that I've never ridden. Want to
    > >>know whats funnier? I've ridden a road bike all of 500 yards or so.
    > >>
    > >>I'll post the massive crash report from the hospital ;)
    > >>
    > >>Jon "GRS for a day" Bond
    > >

    > > That's fine, go ahead and post the report, but for crying out loud NO
    pix...please! I don't think I could stand seeing a pic of our
    > > little "johnny coming out."
    > >
    > > sniff...sniff...sniffle
    > > --
    > > Slacker - damn college...I knew they were unhealthy
    > >

    > Haha. Only reason I'm racing is because its our race. I swept the course for 4 hours today (yes,
    > as in with a broom), and I gotta do it again at 5AM, so I might as well get something back from
    > it! I'm gonna go on some road rides and stuff, but with the soul purpose of training for mountain
    > bike racing.

    We've already had enough "religious/spiritual" threads today!

    Bill "someone'll spot it" S.

  8. Sorni wrote:
    > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >

    >>Slacker wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in
    >>
    > message news:[email protected]...

    >>>That's fine, go ahead and post the report, but for crying out loud NO
    >>
    > pix...please! I don't think I could stand seeing a pic of our
    >
    >>>little "johnny coming out."
    >>>
    >>>sniff...sniff...sniffle
    >>>--
    >>>Slacker - damn college...I knew they were unhealthy
    >>>

    >>Haha. Only reason I'm racing is because its our race. I swept the course for 4 hours today (yes,
    >>as in with a broom), and I gotta do it again at 5AM, so I might as well get something back from
    >>it! I'm gonna go on some road rides and stuff, but with the soul purpose of training for mountain
    >>bike racing.
    >

    > We've already had enough "religious/spiritual" threads today!
    >
    > Bill "someone'll spot it" S.

    Yeah, yeah, yeah. Make sure you duck, or you'll get the soul of my shoe on yer face ;)

    Jon "Sole Rider" Bond

  9. Ctg

    Ctg Guest

    > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > I'm going GRS style tomorrow. Yes, thats right, I'm racing the Tufts Criterium! Wanna know the
    > > funny thing? I'm racing on a bike thats being built up tonight. that I've never ridden. Want to
    > > know whats funnier? I've ridden a road bike all of 500 yards or so.
    > >
    > > I'll post the massive crash report from the hospital ;)
    > >
    > > Jon "GRS for a day" Bond
    >

    > That's fine, go ahead and post the report, but for crying out loud NO
    pix...please! I don't think I could stand seeing a pic of our
    > little "johnny coming out."
    >
    > sniff...sniff...sniffle
    > --
    > Slacker - damn college...I knew they were unhealthy

    Don't worry, it's just a phase, everybody "experiments" during college...
    --
    Chris
    ________________

  10. Jonathan Bond wrote:

    > I'm going GRS style tomorrow. Yes, thats right, I'm racing the Tufts Criterium! Wanna know the
    > funny thing? I'm racing on a bike thats being built up tonight. that I've never ridden. Want to
    > know whats funnier? I've ridden a road bike all of 500 yards or so.
    >
    > I'll post the massive crash report from the hospital ;)
    >
    > Jon "GRS for a day" Bond

    Good luck in the pack. Maybe you should watch some NASCAR restrictor plate races to get a preview of
    the crash you're going to be in. <G>

    Have fun, Barry

  11. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > > Slacker wrote:
    > > > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]...

    > > > That's fine, go ahead and post the report, but for crying out loud NO
    > pix...please! I don't think I could stand seeing a pic of our
    > > > little "johnny coming out."
    > > >
    > > > sniff...sniff...sniffle
    > > > --
    > > > Slacker - damn college...I knew they were unhealthy
    > > >

    > > Haha. Only reason I'm racing is because its our race. I swept the course for 4 hours today (yes,
    > > as in with a broom), and I gotta do it again at 5AM, so I might as well get something back from
    > > it! I'm gonna go on some road rides and stuff, but with the soul purpose of training for
    > > mountain bike racing.
    >
    > We've already had enough "religious/spiritual" threads today!
    >
    > Bill "someone'll spot it" S.

    Hehehe... http://city.hokkai.or.jp/~martin/monks.htm

    Mike

  12. B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:
    > Jonathan Bond wrote:
    >
    >>I'm going GRS style tomorrow. Yes, thats right, I'm racing the Tufts Criterium! Wanna know the
    >>funny thing? I'm racing on a bike thats being built up tonight. that I've never ridden. Want to
    >>know whats funnier? I've ridden a road bike all of 500 yards or so.
    >>
    >>I'll post the massive crash report from the hospital ;)
    >>
    >>Jon "GRS for a day" Bond
    >

    > Good luck in the pack. Maybe you should watch some NASCAR restrictor plate races to get a preview
    > of the crash you're going to be in. <G>

    Jon, don't listen to them, Crit racing is a BLAST

    Hey..... Don;t scare the kid! It's not like he's riding the Hartford Crit around Bushnell Park or
    anything ;-) Just that it might be good to start thinking of what kinda cool tattoo you are gona get
    to hide the scar tissue from the road rash.

  13. Cinder Girl

    Cinder Girl Guest

    "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Slacker wrote:
    > > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

    > >>I'm going GRS style tomorrow. Yes, thats right, I'm racing the Tufts Criterium! Wanna know the
    > >>funny thing? I'm racing on a bike thats being built up tonight. that I've never ridden. Want to
    > >>know whats funnier? I've ridden a road bike all of 500 yards or so.
    > >>
    > >>I'll post the massive crash report from the hospital ;)
    > >>
    > >>Jon "GRS for a day" Bond
    > >

    > > That's fine, go ahead and post the report, but for crying out loud NO
    pix...please! I don't think I could stand seeing a pic of our
    > > little "johnny coming out."
    > >
    > > sniff...sniff...sniffle
    > > --
    > > Slacker - damn college...I knew they were unhealthy
    > >

    > Haha. Only reason I'm racing is because its our race. I swept the course for 4 hours today (yes,
    > as in with a broom), and I gotta do it again at 5AM, so I might as well get something back from
    > it! I'm gonna go on some road rides and stuff, but with the soul purpose of training for mountain
    > bike racing. I suck brutally at hills, so a bit o' training can't hurt.
    >
    > Now where's my feather boa?
    >
    > Jon "GRS" Bond

    Don't you worry about these fools! I accept you any way you are ;) I can also introduce you to some
    very nice single guys ....

    ~CG playin' Cupid

  14. Cinder Girl wrote:
    > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >

    >>Slacker wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in
    >>
    > message news:[email protected]...

    >>>That's fine, go ahead and post the report, but for crying out loud NO
    >>
    > pix...please! I don't think I could stand seeing a pic of our
    >
    >>>little "johnny coming out."
    >>>
    >>>sniff...sniff...sniffle
    >>>--
    >>>Slacker - damn college...I knew they were unhealthy
    >>>

    >>Haha. Only reason I'm racing is because its our race. I swept the course for 4 hours today (yes,
    >>as in with a broom), and I gotta do it again at 5AM, so I might as well get something back from
    >>it! I'm gonna go on some road rides and stuff, but with the soul purpose of training for mountain
    >>bike racing. I suck brutally at hills, so a bit o' training can't hurt.
    >>
    >>Now where's my feather boa?
    >>
    >>Jon "GRS" Bond
    >>

    > Don't you worry about these fools! I accept you any way you are ;) I can also introduce you to
    > some very nice single guys ....
    >
    > ~CG playin' Cupid

    Oh honey, don't you worry. There's plenty of hot man meat here. ;)

    I was going after the team captain, but after driving this car around for a while:
    http://www.pbase.com/image/14910285 I figure he's gotta be like toothpick size! And sister, you just
    KNOW that won't do!

    Haha, aight, 'nuff of that foolishness. Do, however, notice the amount of pictures I took of the
    women's race. There were some real cuties there... damn! The Army girls weren't too shabby, and
    there was one girl from Yale that was just fantastic. Always had a smile on her face too, and would
    have like one line conversations with me and my bro charlie while she sped by the corner we were
    marshalling. I didn't get any pictures tho, too busy drooling ;)

    Jon "How could you think I'm GAY??? (Cuba Gooding Jr. style)" Bond

  15. John G

    John G Guest

    Cinder Girl wrote:
    > I accept you any way you are ;) I can also introduce you to some very nice single guys ....

    But you are on the wrong coast! Jon, I hear Manch'Angeles has a thriving underground gay scene. Come
    on up for a weekend, I know some folks who can "show you the town" :)

  16. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 03:30:27 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'm going GRS style tomorrow. Yes, thats right, I'm racing the Tufts Criterium! Wanna know the
    >funny thing? I'm racing on a bike thats being built up tonight. that I've never ridden. Want to
    >know whats funnier? I've ridden a road bike all of 500 yards or so.
    >
    >I'll post the massive crash report from the hospital ;)
    >
    >Jon "GRS for a day" Bond

    Go Bond Go!

    :-]

  17. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Haha. Only reason I'm racing is because its our race. I swept the course for 4 hours today (yes,
    > as in with a broom), and I gotta do it again at 5AM, so I might as well get something back from
    > it! I'm gonna go on some road rides and stuff, but with the soul purpose of training for mountain
    > bike racing. I suck brutally at hills, so a bit o' training can't hurt.
    >
    > Now where's my feather boa?

    Pit that down and get yerself a feather whip like a real man.

    Shaun aRe