With CAMPY Ergo...

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Aruno, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Aruno

    Aruno Guest

    Lance would not pick up bags from spectators.

    Italian design versus edgy japanese sh*t :)

    Forza Bettini !!!

    Tags:

  2. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    "Aruno" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Lance would not pick up bags from spectators.
    >
    > Italian design versus edgy japanese sh*t :)
    >
    > Forza Bettini !!!

    The funny thing is that I have not had cables in front of my bars since I went to the "aero" models
    back in '84. I never used Shimano STI and only started using Ergo in '93. When I head Phil say that
    the musette caught his brake cable, I thought, "WTF?" and then I remembered that poor Lance is stuck
    with Dura Ace.

  3. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "Aruno" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Lance would not pick up bags from spectators.
    >
    > Italian design versus edgy japanese sh*t :)
    >
    > Forza Bettini !!!

    Look again. The bag snagged the end of the brake lever, not the cable. Campy or Shimano, the result
    would have been the same.

    Actually, probably worse with Campy. The STI lever allowed the bag to almost slide off before it
    actually grabbed it. Since Ergo brake levers don't move, he would've been down that much quicker
    (and harder!)...

    Mike

  4. "Aruno" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Lance would not pick up bags from spectators.
    >
    > Italian design versus edgy japanese sh*t :)
    >
    > Forza Bettini !!!
    Somebody is smoking that funny stuff again.........or he fell and did have a helmet?

  5. Shrek

    Shrek Guest

    Not true. With crappy Campy quality, Armstrong would of been 10 minutes behind suffering from
    numerous mechanicals.

    [email protected] (Aruno) wrote:

    >Lance would not pick up bags from spectators.
    >
    >Italian design versus edgy japanese sh*t :)
    >
    >Forza Bettini !!!

  6. Squidvark

    Squidvark Guest

    Shrek <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Not true. With crappy Campy quality, Armstrong would of been 10 minutes behind suffering from
    >numerous mechanicals.

    Campy has not won a Tour in this millenium.

  7. Shrek <[email protected]> schreef in berichtnieuws [email protected]
    > Not true. With crappy Campy quality, Armstrong would of been 10 minutes
    behind
    > suffering from numerous mechanicals.

    Then that makes Ullrich a a strong rider indeed, being able to compensate such time differences
    every day.

    This proves that, like all American tour pretenders, the only way he can win is by pumping
    ridiculous amounts of money into technology and dope that would make my grandmother outrun Ullrich.
    The scientist working on the US Postal TT suits claimed a 1.5 minute advantage in a 50 km TT - see
    how that adds up in the in the TTT and the individual. If Armstrong was on a team without the
    buckets of money from US Postal, he probably wouldn't even have been selected for the tour.

  8. David Ryan

    David Ryan Guest

    "Jonathan v.d. Sluis" wrote:

    > Shrek <[email protected]> schreef in berichtnieuws [email protected]
    > > Not true. With crappy Campy quality, Armstrong would of been 10 minutes
    > behind
    > > suffering from numerous mechanicals.
    >
    > Then that makes Ullrich a a strong rider indeed, being able to compensate such time differences
    > every day.
    >
    > This proves that, like all American tour pretenders, the only way he can win is by pumping
    > ridiculous amounts of money into technology and dope that would make my grandmother outrun
    > Ullrich. The scientist working on the US Postal TT suits claimed a 1.5 minute advantage in a 50 km
    > TT - see how that adds up in the in the TTT and the individual. If Armstrong was on a team without
    > the buckets of money from US Postal, he probably wouldn't even have been selected for the tour.

    Shimano is not as expensive as Campy.

  9. Kbh

    Kbh Guest

    Show me the team budgets.

    news:[email protected]...

  10. "Squidvark" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > Campy has not won a Tour in this millenium.

    With only 0.2% of the millennium accounted for*, what does this mean?

    All the 6,000,000,000 people living on the planet outside of Austin, TX haven't won a Tour, either.

    * the current millennium started 1 January, 2001

  11. "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > squid-<< Campy has not won a Tour in this millenium. >><BR><BR>
    >
    > Right...the guy's name is Armstrong, not Campagnolo or shimano....I don't
    think
    > either of those guys have won any race....

    That's not what Campy's advertisements used to claim. "used to" being the operative words.

  12. "Jonathan v.d. Sluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Shrek <[email protected]> schreef in berichtnieuws [email protected]
    > > Not true. With crappy Campy quality, Armstrong would of been 10 minutes
    > behind
    > > suffering from numerous mechanicals.
    >
    > Then that makes Ullrich a a strong rider indeed, being able to compensate such time differences
    > every day.
    >
    > This proves that, like all American tour pretenders, the only way he can
    win
    > is by pumping ridiculous amounts of money into technology and dope that would make my grandmother
    > outrun Ullrich. The scientist working on the US Postal TT suits claimed a 1.5 minute advantage in
    > a 50 km TT - see how
    that
    > adds up in the in the TTT and the individual. If Armstrong was on a team without the buckets of
    > money from US Postal, he probably wouldn't even
    have
    > been selected for the tour.

    Ullrich was offered use of the Mercedes wind tunnel (for free) and declined. Didn't want to
    bother with it.

  13. David Ryan

    David Ryan Guest

    Carl Sundquist wrote:

    > * the current millennium started 1 January, 2001

    You should look at the hate mail I got in 1999 and early 2000 with a message to that effect as a sig
    line in another group.

  14. "David Ryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Carl Sundquist wrote:
    > >
    > > * the current millennium started 1 January, 2001
    >
    > You should look at the hate mail I got in 1999 and early 2000 with a message to that effect as a
    > sig line in another group.

    Goddamm, that was a boring topic.