WITNESS APPEAL OVER CYCLIST HIT RUN (VIC)

1209 hours

WITNESS APPEAL OVER CYCLIST HIT RUN

Major Collision Investigators are continuing their inquiries into the
hit run collision yesterday evening.

Police are looking for a black or dark coloured Toyota Prado believed
to be a 2003 series or possibly a newer model.

It's believed the vehicle would have damage to the front passenger
and side area and a broken driver's external mirror.

The car was last seen travelling toward Frankston.

Below is a photo of a similar vehicle police are looking for.

Anyone with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

yeah OK.. thanks for the heads up.. just stop shouting.. Be good if you could provide some further info/comment as well, looks like you are a just another spammer otherwise...

cheers,
GPL
:net police:

> 1209 hours
>
> WITNESS APPEAL OVER CYCLIST HIT RUN
>
> Major Collision Investigators are continuing their inquiries into the
> hit run collision yesterday evening.
>
> Police are looking for a black or dark coloured Toyota Prado believed
> to be a 2003 series or possibly a newer model.
>
> It's believed the vehicle would have damage to the front passenger
> and side area and a broken driver's external mirror.
>
> The car was last seen travelling toward Frankston.
>
> Below is a photo of a similar vehicle police are looking for.
>
> Anyone with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

fscking prado

Tam

cyclist2 wrote:

> Marx SS Wrote:
> > "...heading towards Frankston."
> > sounds like it may have been stolen.
> > It is belived the vehicle would have damage to the front passenger side
> > area and a broken drivers external mirror.

> my question is, how does a drivers external mirror get boken when the
> cyclist alledgelly hit the left hand side[passengers side] of the
> vehicle??
>
> --
> cyclist2

Bouncing?

Tam

it is belived the vehicle would have damage to the front passenger and side
area and a broken drivers external mirror
My question is how did the drivers external mirror get broken when the cyclist alledgelly hit the passengers side.?

cyclist2 said:
My question is how did the drivers external mirror get broken when the cyclist alledgelly hit the passengers side.?

didnt the earlier reports mention the '4WD' clipped another vehicle first ?
perhaps this was the 'other-side' damage???

cyclist2 said:
My question is how did the drivers external mirror get broken when the cyclist alledgelly hit the passengers side.?
Report in Age is that Cyclist was heading north on Beach Rd at Beaumaris yesterday evening 7:30pm-ish, Prado was heading south, side swiped another vehicle heading south, and crossed road into on-coming lanes and hit Cyclist head on, then Prado kept driving off and did a runner, leaving Cyclist in pieces on the roadway with head injuries...Cyclist taken to Hospital in serious condition.... ( per Age today in hidden article halfway into paper).
Police calling for witnesses, say a women and child on footpath also saw incident and want to talk to them too ( no info about how much at risk they were, but whole incident is a bad one and maybe could have been even much much worse...)

rooman said:
Report in Age is that Cyclist was heading north on Beach Rd at Beaumaris yesterday evening 7:30pm-ish, Prado was heading south, side swiped another vehicle heading south, and crossed road into on-coming lanes and hit Cyclist head on, then Prado kept driving off and did a runner, leaving Cyclist in pieces on the roadway with head injuries...Cyclist taken to Hospital in serious condition.... ( per Age today in hidden article halfway into paper).
Police calling for witnesses, say a women and child on footpath also saw incident and want to talk to them too ( no info about how much at risk they were, but whole incident is a bad one and maybe could have been even much much worse...)
thank you for the full story.

Tamyka Bell said:
cyclist2 wrote:

> Marx SS Wrote:
> > "...heading towards Frankston."
> > sounds like it may have been stolen.
> > It is belived the vehicle would have damage to the front passenger side
> > area and a broken drivers external mirror.

> my question is, how does a drivers external mirror get boken when the
> cyclist alledgelly hit the left hand side[passengers side] of the
> vehicle??
>
> --
> cyclist2

Bouncing?

Tam
:eek: typing error

rooman wrote:

> cyclist2 Wrote:
> > My question is how did the drivers external mirror get broken when the
> > cyclist alledgelly hit the passengers side.?

> Report in Age is that Cyclist was heading north on Beach Rd at
> Beaumaris yesterday evening 7:30pm-ish, Prado was heading south, side
> swiped another vehicle heading south, and crossed road into on-coming
> lanes and hit Cyclist head on, then Prado kept driving off and did a
> runner, leaving Cyclist in pieces on the roadway with head
> injuries...Cyclist taken to Hospital in serious condition.... ( per Age
> today in hidden article halfway into paper).
> Police calling for witnesses, say a women and child on footpath also
> saw incident and want to talk to them too ( no info about how much at
> risk they were, but whole incident is a bad one and maybe could have
> been even much much worse...)

And if it's another damn alcohol-assisted "accident," can someone
sponsor me so I can fly down and personally headbutt the d!ckhead, I
mean, perpetrator.

Tam

Sorry, was in a hurry and thought a cut and paste of the police media
release might have been of interest. Sorry, my mistake, won't post
again.

Sorry, was in a hurry and thought a cut and paste of the police media
release might have been of interest. Sorry, my mistake, won't post
again.

Ah, don't be so harsh on yourself, we all make little stuffups now & again. Please feel free to post to a.b again. And don't let our flippant remarks put you off at all.

tootle-pips :)

Sorry, was in a hurry and thought a cut and paste of the police media
release might have been of interest. Sorry, my mistake, won't post
again.

all good.. at first glance it looked a little like a 'boxkook' or 'blogturd' style post...

I'm sure we would all like to see this b***d caught!

cheers,
GPL

cyclist2 said:
My question is how did the drivers external mirror get broken when the cyclist alledgelly hit the passengers side.?

if you never look in the mirror you don't notice that it has been broken for months. It used to be useful for adjusting the lippie on the way to work from the school run, but now that there are sunvisor mirrors inside the urban assault vehicle who needs an external mirror?

Sorry, was in a hurry and thought a cut and paste of the police media
release might have been of interest. Sorry, my mistake, won't post
again.
It is of interest - I'm guessing there are a small number of witnesses who are all thinking "someone else would have come forward by now".

Thanks for the update; I hope that the driver is found. Anything that might assist in that is a good thing in my opinion.

cheers,
ali

ProfTournesol said:
if you never look in the mirror you don't notice that it has been broken for months. It used to be useful for adjusting the lippie on the way to work from the school run, but now that there are sunvisor mirrors inside the urban assault vehicle who needs an external mirror?
car makers may aswell do away with indicators,not many drivers use them. Nearly impossible to see the indicators on the new cars,some are almost clear. have you noticed them hard to see?

Tamyka Bell said:
rooman wrote:

> cyclist2 Wrote:
> > My question is how did the drivers external mirror get broken when the
> > cyclist alledgelly hit the passengers side.?

> Report in Age is that Cyclist was heading north on Beach Rd at
> Beaumaris yesterday evening 7:30pm-ish, Prado was heading south, side
> swiped another vehicle heading south, and crossed road into on-coming
> lanes and hit Cyclist head on, then Prado kept driving off and did a
> runner, leaving Cyclist in pieces on the roadway with head
> injuries...Cyclist taken to Hospital in serious condition.... ( per Age
> today in hidden article halfway into paper).
> Police calling for witnesses, say a women and child on footpath also
> saw incident and want to talk to them too ( no info about how much at
> risk they were, but whole incident is a bad one and maybe could have
> been even much much worse...)

And if it's another damn alcohol-assisted "accident," can someone
sponsor me so I can fly down and personally headbutt the d!ckhead, I
mean, perpetrator.

Tam
id give you permission to kick their ass till there nose bleeds!
they are not accidents, they are 'crashes',accidents are avoidable