WKO+ Build 2.2 -- How do I....?

frenchyge

Apr 3, 2005
1) Make it so new workouts open using "My Journal Charts" as the default Journal layout instead of always referring back to "Cycling"?

2) Save my Graph preferences as a default instead of having to reset things for every new workout? (There used to be the "Save these pages setup as default" option under the View menu, but now that's greyed out)

frenchyge said:
2) Save my Graph preferences as a default instead of having to reset things for every new workout? (There used to be the "Save these pages setup as default" option under the View menu, but now that's greyed out)
I've got 2.2 and I'm seeing "Save This Page Setup as Default" enabled in my Journal tab.

2.2 is my first WKO+ copy, and I don't see "My Journal Charts" in the same dropdown as "Cycling"

waterrockets said:
I've got 2.2 and I'm seeing "Save This Page Setup as Default" enabled in my Journal tab.
Journal tab, yes. Graph tab is where it's greyed out (for me anyway).

waterrockets said:
2.2 is my first WKO+ copy, and I don't see "My Journal Charts" in the same dropdown as "Cycling"
Ok, probably because I customized my charts in a previous version before upgrading.

Actually, though if there were some way to save a different setup over the "Cycling" layout, for example, that might work too.

frenchyge said:
Journal tab, yes. Graph tab is where it's greyed out (for me anyway).

Ok, probably because I customized my charts in a previous version before upgrading.

Actually, though if there were some way to save a different setup over the "Cycling" layout, for example, that might work too.
I don't even have a drop down for options in the graph tab! You're seeing this on the upper right?

Here's what mine looks like:

screenshotcx4.png

waterrockets said:
I don't even have a drop down for options in the graph tab! You're seeing this on the upper right?
Yep, mine looks just like that. As I said, under the View menu item (on the top bar), there is an option for saving the current setup as default. It used to work for me (in previous versions), but now appears greyed out.

What I'm wondering is if anyone knows a way to change the default setup for the graph created in a new workout -- for example, horizontal vs. stacked graph, cadence line turned off, maybe some averaging -- and save that setup so that all new workouts follow? That used to be quite easy in previous versions.

frenchyge said:
Yep, mine looks just like that. As I said, under the View menu item (on the top bar), there is an option for saving the current setup as default. It used to work for me (in previous versions), but now appears greyed out.
Ah, I missed that in the OP. Yeah, my view menu has it grayed out too, even if I've added a grid line or something.

What other changes could you save for future new ride defaults in the last version of WKO+?

waterrockets said:
What other changes could you save for future new ride defaults in the last version of WKO+?
You used to set the graph up exactly how you wanted it and then hit save as default. Voila! That was now the default setup for every new graph that was created. Same with the Journal tab -- used to work great.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with this problem. I have hunted around for a way to solve it with no luck. That said as someone that spends 50% of my workouts running this new version is fantastic. The TSS for running seems to be accurate. I can finally get an accurate idea of my TSB without guessing on the running.

frenchyge said:
You used to set the graph up exactly how you wanted it and then hit save as default. Voila! That was now the default setup for every new graph that was created. Same with the Journal tab -- used to work great.
Still using 2.1. The 'Save as Defaut' is only available for the Journal tab - not the Graph tab. - TF

Terry Ferguson said:
Still using 2.1. The 'Save as Defaut' is only available for the Journal tab - not the Graph tab. - TF
Still using v2.1, and yes the Options drop-down menu is absent on the Graph page **_UNTIL you actually make a change to the graph_**, then it appears. Simply changing to Stacked View is not sufficient, you must actually alter the graph in some way.

For example, if I open a workout and double-click the Watts scale, turn on automatic grid lines, then the Options menu appears in the upper-right corner, with the "Save as Default" available. It remains grayed out in the View menu.

Hope that helps with v2.2.

beej9 said:
Still using v2.1, and yes the Options drop-down menu is absent on the Graph page **_UNTIL you actually make a change to the graph_**, then it appears. Simply changing to Stacked View is not sufficient, you must actually alter the graph in some way.
Thanks, I knew I wasn't going crazy. Ever since updating to v2.2 my graphs started coming in as a mess of Power, Cadence and Speed lines, and I know it wasn't like that before (becuase I had apparently modified and saved the setup).

Let me just say that in v2.2, changing the graph does not bring in the options menu or allow one to save the graph setup (as far as I can tell, still hopeful).

frenchyge said:
Let me just say that in v2.2, changing the graph does not bring in the options menu or allow one to save the graph setup (as far as I can tell, still hopeful).
Why am I less than enthused about upgrading to v2.2? It sounds like if I do upgrade someday, I had better reserve a few hours to bring everything back up to what I have in v2.1. Is this an accurate statement?

Steve_B said:
Why am I less than enthused about upgrading to v2.2? It sounds like if I do upgrade someday, I had better reserve a few hours to bring everything back up to what I have in v2.1. Is this an accurate statement?
No, not really. If you are upgrading from v2.1 then all your current pages and views (including customized graphs and stuff) are brought along for the ride. Within a few minutes I had everything looking the same as it did for me in v2.1.

V2.2 really represents a broadening of the package, and has a lot of really nifty stuff for multi-sport athletes (including the TSS model for running). As a cycle-only athlete, what used to be a lot of cycling-focused stuff is now being shared among other sports and I'm not sure I've really figured out yet how to harness the new features in a cycling-specific way.