WKO+ - Change in Threshold value alters PMC CTL values across the board. Why?

swampy1970

Feb 3, 2008
A WKO+ 3.0 question (probably relates to all the versions of WKO but this is the one that I'm using)

Mystically *cough*, having put in a descent block of training, I've actually got to the point where I needed to increase the Threshold in the "Power Training Zone" section. When I did this, I noticed that all the values for CTL and ATL decreased, even the CTL prior to 42 days ago.

Given that "fitness" changes over time, why would increasing my threshold now cause PMC to change the CTL in the graph for the entire year?

There's probably an easy explination for this but I'm still a little out my tree after smashing my brains in on the bike an hour ago...

It's how you're entering the new FTP value.

If you just type a value up in the Threshold box it will apply globally to all dates unless you've been entering FTP values using the 'New Zones' feature which ties the Threshold values to specific dates.

The 'New Zones' feature is in the options pull down menu just above and right of the Threshold entry box. Select New Zones from the pull down, associate a date using the pop up calendar and enter a Threshold value associated with that date. The left and right arrows to the left of the word 'effective' make it easy to scroll back through previously entered FTP change dates and alter the values of those previous changes if you need to.

Anyway, use the New Zones entry method, associate FTP changes with specific dates and your previous values won't change.

-Dave