WNM Joyce

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Joyce, Apr 2, 2004.

  1. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ... down,
    down, down all week long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't
    that the way life always goes? <G> No biggie, todays weight
    still showed me a 1.3 loss from last week and really did not
    surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
    which had me drinking mega quantities ... and not running to
    the potty. <G> I'll enjoy knowing that during the week I DID
    see lower numbers and will not allow myself to get worked up
    over this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
    official Friday numbers are .......................

    down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
    98.1 pounds

    And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
    most probably isn't a big deal, but it made me feel good.
    Last night hub noticed I had driven a huge screw into the
    rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course the one that
    sonny boy needs to borrow to head up to the old college
    campus and retrieve the last of his possessions. He made an
    appointment at the local repair place to have it fixed
    today, called and told me that SIL was not working ... call
    and have him pick me up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set
    everything up and thought, geeeeeesh, I'm only a few blocks
    from home, can walk straight through the park, dodging the
    geese ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why call?
    I'll probably make it home faster if I walk. So picked my
    little legs up and off I went. I have no idea how fast I
    walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in front of
    me <G>, but I was home in less than 7 minutes. And I felt
    terrific. WooHoo!

    Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
    130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

    Tags:

  2. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Congrats on the overall downward hover even if it was an
    upward hover somewhere along the line (G)

    And walking - without a treadmill - amazing, truly amazing
    (G) Spring is coming here, too. 60F+ and today and closer to
    70F tomorrow (when I hope to ski or, at least, hike)

    On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:11:54 -0600, Joyce
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
    >down, down, down all week long ... up today for weigh in.
    >Isn't that the way life always goes? <G> No biggie, todays
    >weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from last week and really
    >did not surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last
    >nite which had me drinking mega quantities ... and not
    >running to the potty. <G> I'll enjoy knowing that during
    >the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow myself
    >to get worked up over this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite
    >nicely I feel. So the official Friday numbers are
    >
    >down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
    >98.1 pounds
    >
    >And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
    >most probably isn't a big deal, but it made me feel good.
    >Last night hub noticed I had driven a huge screw into the
    >rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course the one that
    >sonny boy needs to borrow to head up to the old college
    >campus and retrieve the last of his possessions. He made an
    >appointment at the local repair place to have it fixed
    >today, called and told me that SIL was not working ... call
    >and have him pick me up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set
    >everything up and thought, geeeeeesh, I'm only a few blocks
    >from home, can walk straight through the park, dodging the
    >geese ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why
    >call? I'll probably make it home faster if I walk. So
    >picked my little legs up and off I went. I have no idea how
    >fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in
    >front of me <G>, but I was home in less than 7 minutes. And
    >I felt terrific. WooHoo!
    >
    >Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
    >130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

  3. Krys

    Krys Guest

    I know how you feel - I go up and down the most amazing
    amount within the space of a week - it's really hard to
    predict what offical WI will show!

    Still, you were down over all, so that's pretty good :) A
    nice way to maintain I feel :)

    --
    krys

    UK 157/129.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th
    2001 ...on the move again?...

    "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
    > down, down, down
    all week
    > long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't that the way life
    > always goes? <G>
    No
    > biggie, todays weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from last
    > week and really
    did not
    > surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
    > which had me
    drinking mega
    > quantities ... and not running to the potty. <G> I'll
    > enjoy knowing that
    during
    > the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow myself
    > to get worked
    up over
    > this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
    > official Friday
    numbers
    > are .......................
    >
    > down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
    > 98.1 pounds
    >
    > And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
    > most probably
    isn't a
    > big deal, but it made me feel good. Last night hub noticed
    > I had driven a
    huge
    > screw into the rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course
    > the one that
    sonny boy
    > needs to borrow to head up to the old college campus and
    > retrieve the last
    of his
    > possessions. He made an appointment at the local repair
    > place to have it
    fixed
    > today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
    > call and have him
    pick me
    > up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set everything up and
    > thought,
    geeeeeesh, I'm
    > only a few blocks from home, can walk straight through the
    > park, dodging
    the geese
    > ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why call?
    > I'll probably make
    it home
    > faster if I walk. So picked my little legs up and off I
    > went. I have no
    idea how
    > fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in
    > front of me <G>,
    but I
    > was home in less than 7 minutes. And I felt
    > terrific. WooHoo!
    >
    > Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
    > 130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

  4. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    What a neat walk. Congrats on the loss of over a pound,
    Geeze whatdayawant!!!!!!! You are So maintaining. I am
    beginning to feel a little more comfortable with the ups and
    downs (emotionally speaking) is that happening to you?

    "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
    > down, down, down
    all week
    > long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't that the way life
    > always goes? <G>
    No
    > biggie, todays weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from last
    > week and really
    did not
    > surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
    > which had me
    drinking mega
    > quantities ... and not running to the potty. <G> I'll
    > enjoy knowing that
    during
    > the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow myself
    > to get worked
    up over
    > this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
    > official Friday
    numbers
    > are .......................
    >
    > down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
    > 98.1 pounds
    >
    > And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
    > most probably
    isn't a
    > big deal, but it made me feel good. Last night hub noticed
    > I had driven a
    huge
    > screw into the rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course
    > the one that
    sonny boy
    > needs to borrow to head up to the old college campus and
    > retrieve the last
    of his
    > possessions. He made an appointment at the local repair
    > place to have it
    fixed
    > today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
    > call and have him
    pick me
    > up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set everything up and
    > thought,
    geeeeeesh, I'm
    > only a few blocks from home, can walk straight through the
    > park, dodging
    the geese
    > ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why call?
    > I'll probably make
    it home
    > faster if I walk. So picked my little legs up and off I
    > went. I have no
    idea how
    > fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in
    > front of me <G>,
    but I
    > was home in less than 7 minutes. And I felt
    > terrific. WooHoo!
    >
    > Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
    > 130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

  5. Hi, Joyce, Nice loss! and wonderful to know that you could
    walking home in seven minutes.
    --
    Take Care Catherine
    154/134.6/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132

    "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
    > down, down, down
    all week
    > long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't that the way life
    > always goes? <G>
    No
    > biggie, todays weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from last
    > week and really
    did not
    > surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
    > which had me
    drinking mega
    > quantities ... and not running to the potty. <G> I'll
    > enjoy knowing that
    during
    > the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow myself
    > to get worked
    up over
    > this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
    > official Friday
    numbers
    > are .......................
    >
    > down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
    > 98.1 pounds
    >
    > And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
    > most probably
    isn't a
    > big deal, but it made me feel good. Last night hub noticed
    > I had driven a
    huge
    > screw into the rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course
    > the one that
    sonny boy
    > needs to borrow to head up to the old college campus and
    > retrieve the last
    of his
    > possessions. He made an appointment at the local repair
    > place to have it
    fixed
    > today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
    > call and have him
    pick me
    > up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set everything up and
    > thought,
    geeeeeesh, I'm
    > only a few blocks from home, can walk straight through the
    > park, dodging
    the geese
    > ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why call?
    > I'll probably make
    it home
    > faster if I walk. So picked my little legs up and off I
    > went. I have no
    idea how
    > fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in
    > front of me <G>,
    but I
    > was home in less than 7 minutes. And I felt
    > terrific. WooHoo!
    >
    > Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
    > 130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

  6. Yes, you are maintaining VERY nicely. I hope to do as well
    as you when I get where you are.

    This nicer weather is a welcome breath of fresh air. We
    probably need rain, but I'm sure enjoying these days of
    calm, warmer, sunshine-filled days. Bet that walk in the
    park felt like, well, a walk in the park!! LOL

    Linda P

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
    >down, down, down all week long ... up today for weigh in.
    >Isn't that the way life always goes? <G> No biggie, todays
    >weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from last week and really
    >did not surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last
    >nite which had me drinking mega quantities ... and not
    >running to the potty. <G> I'll enjoy knowing that during
    >the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow myself
    >to get worked up over this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite
    >nicely I feel. So the official Friday numbers are
    >
    >down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
    >98.1 pounds
    >
    >And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
    >most probably isn't a big deal, but it made me feel good.
    >Last night hub noticed I had driven a huge screw into the
    >rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course the one that
    >sonny boy needs to borrow to head up to the old college
    >campus and retrieve the last of his possessions. He made an
    >appointment at the local repair place to have it fixed
    >today, called and told me that SIL was not working ... call
    >and have him pick me up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set
    >everything up and thought, geeeeeesh, I'm only a few blocks
    >from home, can walk straight through the park, dodging the
    >geese ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why
    >call? I'll probably make it home faster if I walk. So
    >picked my little legs up and off I went. I have no idea how
    >fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in
    >front of me <G>, but I was home in less than 7 minutes. And
    >I felt terrific. WooHoo!
    >
    >Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
    >130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

  7. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    That's fantasting Joyce!

    Definitely watch out for the geese....5 of them made me late
    for work. They were crossing the street spaced just far
    enough apart that I couldn't drive between 'em.

    Julie "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
    > down, down, down
    all week
    > long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't that the way life
    > always goes? <G>
    No
    > biggie, todays weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from last
    > week and really
    did not
    > surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
    > which had me
    drinking mega
    > quantities ... and not running to the potty. <G> I'll
    > enjoy knowing that
    during
    > the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow myself
    > to get worked
    up over
    > this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
    > official Friday
    numbers
    > are .......................
    >
    > down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
    > 98.1 pounds
    >
    > And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
    > most probably
    isn't a
    > big deal, but it made me feel good. Last night hub noticed
    > I had driven a
    huge
    > screw into the rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course
    > the one that
    sonny boy
    > needs to borrow to head up to the old college campus and
    > retrieve the last
    of his
    > possessions. He made an appointment at the local repair
    > place to have it
    fixed
    > today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
    > call and have him
    pick me
    > up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set everything up and
    > thought,
    geeeeeesh, I'm
    > only a few blocks from home, can walk straight through the
    > park, dodging
    the geese
    > ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why call?
    > I'll probably make
    it home
    > faster if I walk. So picked my little legs up and off I
    > went. I have no
    idea how
    > fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in
    > front of me <G>,
    but I
    > was home in less than 7 minutes. And I felt
    > terrific. WooHoo!
    >
    > Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
    > 130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

  8. Michelle Guy

    Michelle Guy Guest

    Hey Joyce you are doing really well, looking forward to
    reading more of your progress. Keep up the good work.
    Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland

    WW WI 69.8 / 61.9 / 61kg 134 lbs

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
    >down, down, down all week long ... up today for weigh in.
    >Isn't that the way life always goes? <G> No biggie, todays
    >weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from last week and really
    >did not surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last
    >nite which had me drinking mega quantities ... and not
    >running to the potty. <G> I'll enjoy knowing that during
    >the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow myself
    >to get worked up over this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite
    >nicely I feel. So the official Friday numbers are
    >
    >down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
    >98.1 pounds
    >
    >And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
    >most probably isn't a big deal, but it made me feel good.
    >Last night hub noticed I had driven a huge screw into the
    >rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course the one that
    >sonny boy needs to borrow to head up to the old college
    >campus and retrieve the last of his possessions. He made an
    >appointment at the local repair place to have it fixed
    >today, called and told me that SIL was not working ... call
    >and have him pick me up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set
    >everything up and thought, geeeeeesh, I'm only a few blocks
    >from home, can walk straight through the park, dodging the
    >geese ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why
    >call? I'll probably make it home faster if I walk. So
    >picked my little legs up and off I went. I have no idea how
    >fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in
    >front of me <G>, but I was home in less than 7 minutes. And
    >I felt terrific. WooHoo!
    >
    >Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
    >130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

  9. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Thanks Michelle. I am definitely planning on keeping the
    work up. Even when I slide that slippery slope, as tonite.
    <sigh> Wonderful, wonderful, unexpected dinner out. Mucho
    sodium, even more food. But I know how to handle it ...
    might take some time, but I can deal with it. <G>

    Joyce

    On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 08:36:16 +0200, Michelle Guy
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hey Joyce you are doing really well, looking forward to
    >reading more of your progress. Keep up the good work.
    >Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland
    >
    >WW WI 69.8 / 61.9 / 61kg 134 lbs
    >
    >On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:11:54 -0600, Joyce
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
    >>down, down, down all week long ... up today for weigh in.
    >>Isn't that the way life always goes? <G> No biggie, todays
    >>weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from last week and
    >>really did not surprise me at all as I had a very salty
    >>meal last nite which had me drinking mega quantities ...
    >>and not running to the potty. <G> I'll enjoy knowing that
    >>during the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow
    >>myself to get worked up over this. I AM MAINTAINING, and
    >>quite nicely I feel. So the official Friday numbers are
    >>
    >>down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
    >>98.1 pounds
    >>
    >>And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
    >>most probably isn't a big deal, but it made me feel good.
    >>Last night hub noticed I had driven a huge screw into the
    >>rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course the one that
    >>sonny boy needs to borrow to head up to the old college
    >>campus and retrieve the last of his possessions. He made
    >>an appointment at the local repair place to have it fixed
    >>today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
    >>call and have him pick me up. Wellllll, I drove the car
    >>in, set everything up and thought, geeeeeesh, I'm only a
    >>few blocks from home, can walk straight through the park,
    >>dodging the geese ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out
    >>... why call? I'll probably make it home faster if I walk.
    >>So picked my little legs up and off I went. I have no idea
    >>how fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor
    >>in front of me <G>, but I was home in less than 7 minutes.
    >>And I felt terrific. WooHoo!
    >>
    >>Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
    >>130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

  10. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Thanks dear. I am getting very good at hovering,
    aren't I? <G>

    Walking without a treadmill, is amazing, isn't it? Wonder
    why I didn't think of it before. <G> Really, I usually don't
    as the traffic is very heavy in this area
    - and I don't like battling with all the crazy drivers. But
    I knew I could use the back entrance and only have to
    cross on street to get to the park, then it was quiet and
    peaceful. Hub and I will usually walk this route when we
    go to the bread outlet store - but having to cross the
    major roads does not enthuse me.

    Our temps weren't quite as nice as yours ... was 45F when I
    was out this morning. But it felt like a heat wave compared
    to those 30's. I think they are talking similar temps all
    week long, but I also believe they have no rain in the
    forecast. THAT's nice for a change.

    Joyce

    On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 08:45:25 -0800, Fred
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Congrats on the overall downward hover even if it was an
    >upward hover somewhere along the line (G)
    >
    >And walking - without a treadmill - amazing, truly amazing
    >(G) Spring is coming here, too. 60F+ and today and closer
    >to 70F tomorrow (when I hope to ski or, at least, hike)
    >
    >On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:11:54 -0600, Joyce
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
    >>down, down, down all week long ... up today for weigh in.
    >>Isn't that the way life always goes? <G> No biggie, todays
    >>weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from last week and
    >>really did not surprise me at all as I had a very salty
    >>meal last nite which had me drinking mega quantities ...
    >>and not running to the potty. <G> I'll enjoy knowing that
    >>during the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow
    >>myself to get worked up over this. I AM MAINTAINING, and
    >>quite nicely I feel. So the official Friday numbers are
    >>
    >>down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
    >>98.1 pounds
    >>
    >>And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
    >>most probably isn't a big deal, but it made me feel good.
    >>Last night hub noticed I had driven a huge screw into the
    >>rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course the one that
    >>sonny boy needs to borrow to head up to the old college
    >>campus and retrieve the last of his possessions. He made
    >>an appointment at the local repair place to have it fixed
    >>today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
    >>call and have him pick me up. Wellllll, I drove the car
    >>in, set everything up and thought, geeeeeesh, I'm only a
    >>few blocks from home, can walk straight through the park,
    >>dodging the geese ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out
    >>... why call? I'll probably make it home faster if I walk.
    >>So picked my little legs up and off I went. I have no idea
    >>how fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor
    >>in front of me <G>, but I was home in less than 7 minutes.
    >>And I felt terrific. WooHoo!
    >>
    >>Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
    >>130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

  11. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    It sure can be frustrating, can't it? Normally for me it's
    only about a 2 pound swing throughout the week - but for the
    past two weeks it has been closer to 4 pounds up and down.
    It is amazing. Everyone in my house better watch out when
    this ol' body decides to let go of the sodium. I may just
    set up camp in the bathroom. <G>

    Thanks, I'm feeling rather good about hanging in there
    this week.

    Joyce

    On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 18:08:19 +0100, "krys"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I know how you feel - I go up and down the most amazing
    >amount within the space of a week - it's really hard to
    >predict what offical WI will show!
    >
    >Still, you were down over all, so that's pretty good :) A
    >nice way to maintain I feel :)
    >
    >--
    >krys
    >
    >UK 157/129.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th
    >2001 ...on the move again?...
    >
    >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
    >> down, down, down
    >all week
    >> long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't that the way life
    >> always goes? <G>
    >No
    >> biggie, todays weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from
    >> last week and really
    >did not
    >> surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
    >> which had me
    >drinking mega
    >> quantities ... and not running to the potty. <G> I'll
    >> enjoy knowing that
    >during
    >> the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow
    >> myself to get worked
    >up over
    >> this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
    >> official Friday
    >numbers
    >> are .......................
    >>
    >> down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to
    >> date: 98.1 pounds

  12. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    hehehe - I wanted that number that I saw the few days before
    the official day. <G> But I get what I get, and am satisfied
    with that ... this week.

    Ya know, I think I am finally coming to grips with the ups
    and downs. It has taken quite a while to get there, but I
    THINK I am there. Today didn't really phase me, and tomorrow
    won't either as I know what to expect. It's when the numbers
    go up and don't move down that I go over the deep edge.

    Joyce

    On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 18:09:03 GMT, "Lesanne"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >What a neat walk. Congrats on the loss of over a pound,
    >Geeze whatdayawant!!!!!!! You are So maintaining. I am
    >beginning to feel a little more comfortable with the ups
    >and downs (emotionally speaking) is that happening to you?
    >

    >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
    >> down, down, down
    >all week
    >> long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't that the way life
    >> always goes? <G>
    >No
    >> biggie, todays weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from
    >> last week and really
    >did not
    >> surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
    >> which had me
    >drinking mega
    >> quantities ... and not running to the potty. <G> I'll
    >> enjoy knowing that
    >during
    >> the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow
    >> myself to get worked
    >up over
    >> this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
    >> official Friday
    >numbers
    >> are .......................
    >>
    >> down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to
    >> date: 98.1 pounds
    >>
    >> And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which
    >> for most probably
    >isn't a
    >> big deal, but it made me feel good. Last night hub
    >> noticed I had driven a
    >huge
    >> screw into the rear tire of one of our vehicles, of
    >> course the one that
    >sonny boy
    >> needs to borrow to head up to the old college campus and
    >> retrieve the last
    >of his
    >> possessions. He made an appointment at the local repair
    >> place to have it
    >fixed
    >> today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
    >> call and have him
    >pick me
    >> up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set everything up and
    >> thought,
    >geeeeeesh, I'm
    >> only a few blocks from home, can walk straight through
    >> the park, dodging
    >the geese
    >> ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why call?
    >> I'll probably make
    >it home
    >> faster if I walk. So picked my little legs up and off I
    >> went. I have no
    >idea how
    >> fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in
    >> front of me <G>,
    >but I
    >> was home in less than 7 minutes. And I felt terrific.
    >> WooHoo!
    >>
    >> Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
    >> 130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

  13. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Thanks Catherine. Truth be told ... that 7 minute walk was
    only about 4 or 5 blocks, nothing major. The park is down
    the street from us that has a lovely walking path built into
    it - around a poor excuse for a lake <g>. But when the
    weather is nice, we do enjoy having the quiet and peaceful
    area to escape to. You just have to watch where you step, as
    the geese manage to make a real mess of things. <G>

    Joyce

    On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 21:17:30 GMT, "Catherine White"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi, Joyce, Nice loss! and wonderful to know that you could
    >walking home in seven minutes.
    >--
    >Take Care Catherine
    >154/134.6/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132
    >

    >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
    >> down, down, down
    >all week
    >> long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't that the way life
    >> always goes? <G>
    >No
    >> biggie, todays weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from
    >> last week and really
    >did not
    >> surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
    >> which had me
    >drinking mega
    >> quantities ... and not running to the potty. <G> I'll
    >> enjoy knowing that
    >during
    >> the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow
    >> myself to get worked
    >up over
    >> this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
    >> official Friday
    >numbers
    >> are .......................
    >>
    >> down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to
    >> date: 98.1 pounds
    >>
    >> And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which
    >> for most probably
    >isn't a
    >> big deal, but it made me feel good. Last night hub
    >> noticed I had driven a
    >huge
    >> screw into the rear tire of one of our vehicles, of
    >> course the one that
    >sonny boy
    >> needs to borrow to head up to the old college campus and
    >> retrieve the last
    >of his
    >> possessions. He made an appointment at the local repair
    >> place to have it
    >fixed
    >> today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
    >> call and have him
    >pick me
    >> up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set everything up and
    >> thought,
    >geeeeeesh, I'm
    >> only a few blocks from home, can walk straight through
    >> the park, dodging
    >the geese
    >> ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why call?
    >> I'll probably make
    >it home
    >> faster if I walk. So picked my little legs up and off I
    >> went. I have no
    >idea how
    >> fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in
    >> front of me <G>,
    >but I
    >> was home in less than 7 minutes. And I felt terrific.
    >> WooHoo!
    >>
    >> Joyce

  14. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Thanks Linda, I know you will do fine when you reach
    maintenance. You are as paranoid as the rest of us. <G>

    We don't need the rain, already had a full week of it.
    That's why today was so incredibly nice, even though the
    temps were still in the mid 40's when I was out. The sun was
    shining brightly, sooooo nice.

    Joyce

    On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 17:37:36 -0600, Prairie Roots
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Yes, you are maintaining VERY nicely. I hope to do as well
    >as you when I get where you are.
    >
    >This nicer weather is a welcome breath of fresh air. We
    >probably need rain, but I'm sure enjoying these days of
    >calm, warmer, sunshine-filled days. Bet that walk in the
    >park felt like, well, a walk in the park!! LOL
    >
    >Linda P
    >
    >On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:11:54 -0600, Joyce
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
    >>down, down, down all week long ... up today for weigh in.
    >>Isn't that the way life always goes? <G> No biggie, todays
    >>weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from last week and
    >>really did not surprise me at all as I had a very salty
    >>meal last nite which had me drinking mega quantities ...
    >>and not running to the potty. <G> I'll enjoy knowing that
    >>during the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow
    >>myself to get worked up over this. I AM MAINTAINING, and
    >>quite nicely I feel. So the official Friday numbers are
    >>
    >>down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
    >>98.1 pounds
    >>
    >>And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
    >>most probably isn't a big deal, but it made me feel good.
    >>Last night hub noticed I had driven a huge screw into the
    >>rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course the one that
    >>sonny boy needs to borrow to head up to the old college
    >>campus and retrieve the last of his possessions. He made
    >>an appointment at the local repair place to have it fixed
    >>today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
    >>call and have him pick me up. Wellllll, I drove the car
    >>in, set everything up and thought, geeeeeesh, I'm only a
    >>few blocks from home, can walk straight through the park,
    >>dodging the geese ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out
    >>... why call? I'll probably make it home faster if I walk.
    >>So picked my little legs up and off I went. I have no idea
    >>how fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor
    >>in front of me <G>, but I was home in less than 7 minutes.
    >>And I felt terrific. WooHoo!
    >>
    >>Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
    >>130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

  15. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Thanks Julie. Geese, ducks - we're always battling them
    around here. You haven't lived until you've woken up in the
    morning and find a duck staring at you through your
    skylight. <G> We are over run with geese in this area, no
    one has figured out a way to get them to vacate .. the
    numbers seem to increase every year. When we have heavy
    rains, they wander into the neighborhood and set up camp in
    the yards with the most standing water.

    Joyce

    On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 18:00:17 -0600, "skiur"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >That's fantasting Joyce!
    >
    >Definitely watch out for the geese....5 of them made me
    >late for work. They were crossing the street spaced just
    >far enough apart that I couldn't drive between 'em.
    >
    >Julie "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
    >> down, down, down
    >all week
    >> long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't that the way life
    >> always goes? <G>
    >No
    >> biggie, todays weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from
    >> last week and really
    >did not
    >> surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
    >> which had me
    >drinking mega
    >> quantities ... and not running to the potty. <G> I'll
    >> enjoy knowing that
    >during
    >> the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow
    >> myself to get worked
    >up over
    >> this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
    >> official Friday
    >numbers
    >> are .......................
    >>
    >> down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to
    >> date: 98.1 pounds
    >>
    >> And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which
    >> for most probably
    >isn't a
    >> big deal, but it made me feel good. Last night hub
    >> noticed I had driven a
    >huge
    >> screw into the rear tire of one of our vehicles, of
    >> course the one that
    >sonny boy
    >> needs to borrow to head up to the old college campus and
    >> retrieve the last
    >of his
    >> possessions. He made an appointment at the local repair
    >> place to have it
    >fixed
    >> today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
    >> call and have him
    >pick me
    >> up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set everything up and
    >> thought,
    >geeeeeesh, I'm
    >> only a few blocks from home, can walk straight through
    >> the park, dodging
    >the geese
    >> ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why call?
    >> I'll probably make
    >it home
    >> faster if I walk. So picked my little legs up and off I
    >> went. I have no
    >idea how
    >> fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in
    >> front of me <G>,
    >but I
    >> was home in less than 7 minutes. And I felt terrific.
    >> WooHoo!
    >>
    >> Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
    >> 130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

  16. I'm delighted to have found such a delightful group of
    kindred spirits. Home at last!

    On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 02:20:49 -0600, Joyce
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >You are as paranoid as the rest of us. <G>

    Linda P
    232/153/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  17. great loss and even better NSV
    Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
    > down, down, down
    all week
    > long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't that the way life
    > always goes? <G>
    No
    > biggie, todays weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from last
    > week and really
    did not
    > surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
    > which had me
    drinking mega
    > quantities ... and not running to the potty. <G> I'll
    > enjoy knowing that
    during
    > the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow myself
    > to get worked
    up over
    > this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
    > official Friday
    numbers
    > are .......................
    >
    > down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
    > 98.1 pounds
    >
    > And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
    > most probably
    isn't a
    > big deal, but it made me feel good. Last night hub noticed
    > I had driven a
    huge
    > screw into the rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course
    > the one that
    sonny boy
    > needs to borrow to head up to the old college campus and
    > retrieve the last
    of his
    > possessions. He made an appointment at the local repair
    > place to have it
    fixed
    > today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
    > call and have him
    pick me
    > up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set everything up and
    > thought,
    geeeeeesh, I'm
    > only a few blocks from home, can walk straight through the
    > park, dodging
    the geese
    > ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why call?
    > I'll probably make
    it home
    > faster if I walk. So picked my little legs up and off I
    > went. I have no
    idea how
    > fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in
    > front of me <G>,
    but I
    > was home in less than 7 minutes. And I felt
    > terrific. WooHoo!
    >
    > Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
    > 130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

  18. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    oh my. I haven't had *that* happen. Although I worked in a
    place where the front door was attacked by the geese of the
    office part. It just kept slamming its head into the
    glass...don't know why.

    I guess the best time to check if a house has a dry lawn is
    to see where the geese go to gather :)

    "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks Julie. Geese, ducks - we're always battling them
    > around here. You
    haven't
    > lived until you've woken up in the morning and find a duck
    > staring at you
    through
    > your skylight. <G> We are over run with geese in this
    > area, no one has
    figured
    > out a way to get them to vacate .. the numbers seem to
    > increase every
    year. When
    > we have heavy rains, they wander into the neighborhood and
    > set up camp in
    the
    > yards with the most standing water.
    >
    > Joyce
    >
    > On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 18:00:17 -0600, "skiur"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >That's fantasting Joyce!
    > >
    > >Definitely watch out for the geese....5 of them made me
    > >late for work.
    They
    > >were crossing the street spaced just far enough apart
    > >that I couldn't
    drive
    > >between 'em.
    > >
    > >Julie "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
    > >> down, down, down
    > >all week
    > >> long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't that the way life
    > >> always goes?
    <G>
    > >No
    > >> biggie, todays weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from
    > >> last week and
    really
    > >did not
    > >> surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
    > >> which had me
    > >drinking mega
    > >> quantities ... and not running to the potty. <G> I'll
    > >> enjoy knowing
    that
    > >during
    > >> the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow
    > >> myself to get
    worked
    > >up over
    > >> this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
    > >> official
    Friday
    > >numbers
    > >> are .......................
    > >>
    > >> down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to
    > >> date: 98.1 pounds
    > >>
    > >> And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which
    > >> for most
    probably
    > >isn't a
    > >> big deal, but it made me feel good. Last night hub
    > >> noticed I had
    driven a
    > >huge
    > >> screw into the rear tire of one of our vehicles, of
    > >> course the one that
    > >sonny boy
    > >> needs to borrow to head up to the old college campus
    > >> and retrieve the
    last
    > >of his
    > >> possessions. He made an appointment at the local repair
    > >> place to have
    it
    > >fixed
    > >> today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
    > >> call and have
    him
    > >pick me
    > >> up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set everything up and
    > >> thought,
    > >geeeeeesh, I'm
    > >> only a few blocks from home, can walk straight through
    > >> the park,
    dodging
    > >the geese
    > >> ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why call?
    > >> I'll probably
    make
    > >it home
    > >> faster if I walk. So picked my little legs up and off I
    > >> went. I have
    no
    > >idea how
    > >> fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor
    > >> in front of me
    <H>,
    > >but I
    > >> was home in less than 7 minutes. And I felt terrific.
    > >> WooHoo!
    > >>
    > >> Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current
    > >> weight: 130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

  19. Hi, Joyce, It's good to read how well you continue to do
    with the program.
    --
    Take Care Catherine
    154/134.6/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132

    "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks Catherine. Truth be told ... that 7 minute walk was
    > only about 4
    or 5
    > blocks, nothing major. The park is down the street from us
    > that has a
    lovely
    > walking path built into it - around a poor excuse for a
    > lake <g>. But
    when the
    > weather is nice, we do enjoy having the quiet and peaceful
    > area to escape
    to. You
    > just have to watch where you step, as the geese manage to
    > make a real mess
    of

    wrote:

    > >Hi, Joyce, Nice loss! and wonderful to know that you
    > >could walking home
    in
    > >seven minutes.
    > >--
    > >Take Care Catherine
    > >154/134.6/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132
    > >

    > >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
    > >> down, down, down
    > >all week
    > >> long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't that the way life
    > >> always goes?
    <G>
    > >No
    > >> biggie, todays weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from
    > >> last week and
    really
    > >did not
    > >> surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
    > >> which had me
    > >drinking mega
    > >> quantities ... and not running to the potty. <G> I'll
    > >> enjoy knowing
    that
    > >during
    > >> the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow
    > >> myself to get
    worked
    > >up over
    > >> this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
    > >> official
    Friday
    > >numbers
    > >> are .......................
    > >>
    > >> down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to
    > >> date: 98.1 pounds
    > >>
    > >> And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which
    > >> for most
    probably
    > >isn't a
    > >> big deal, but it made me feel good. Last night hub
    > >> noticed I had
    driven a
    > >huge
    > >> screw into the rear tire of one of our vehicles, of
    > >> course the one that
    > >sonny boy
    > >> needs to borrow to head up to the old college campus
    > >> and retrieve the
    last
    > >of his
    > >> possessions. He made an appointment at the local repair
    > >> place to have
    it
    > >fixed
    > >> today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
    > >> call and have
    him
    > >pick me
    > >> up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set everything up and
    > >> thought,
    > >geeeeeesh, I'm
    > >> only a few blocks from home, can walk straight through
    > >> the park,
    dodging
    > >the geese
    > >> ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why call?
    > >> I'll probably
    make
    > >it home
    > >> faster if I walk. So picked my little legs up and off I
    > >> went. I have
    no
    > >idea how
    > >> fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor
    > >> in front of me
    <H>,
    > >but I
    > >> was home in less than 7 minutes. And I felt terrific.
    > >> WooHoo!
    > >>
    > >> Joyce

  20. Fred

    Fred Guest

    I am a walker both urban and mountain. Seattle is a pretty
    good walking town if you like HILLS!

    Temps today set a new record altho being in the mountains I
    don't know what they reached. But it was mind-blowingly
    perfect UP there.

    I shall post a link in a bit as soon as I figure out how (G)