WNM Joyce

Joyce

Guest
The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ... down,
down, down all week long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't
that the way life always goes? <G> No biggie, todays weight
still showed me a 1.3 loss from last week and really did not
surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
which had me drinking mega quantities ... and not running to
the potty. <G> I'll enjoy knowing that during the week I DID
see lower numbers and will not allow myself to get worked up
over this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
official Friday numbers are .......................

down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
98.1 pounds

And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
most probably isn't a big deal, but it made me feel good.
Last night hub noticed I had driven a huge screw into the
rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course the one that
sonny boy needs to borrow to head up to the old college
campus and retrieve the last of his possessions. He made an
appointment at the local repair place to have it fixed
today, called and told me that SIL was not working ... call
and have him pick me up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set
everything up and thought, geeeeeesh, I'm only a few blocks
from home, can walk straight through the park, dodging the
geese ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why call?
I'll probably make it home faster if I walk. So picked my
little legs up and off I went. I have no idea how fast I
walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in front of
me <G>, but I was home in less than 7 minutes. And I felt
terrific. WooHoo!

Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

Congrats on the overall downward hover even if it was an
upward hover somewhere along the line (G)

And walking - without a treadmill - amazing, truly amazing
(G) Spring is coming here, too. 60F+ and today and closer to
70F tomorrow (when I hope to ski or, at least, hike)

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:11:54 -0600, Joyce
<[email protected]> wrote:

>The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
>down, down, down all week long ... up today for weigh in.
>Isn't that the way life always goes? <G> No biggie, todays
>weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from last week and really
>did not surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last
>nite which had me drinking mega quantities ... and not
>running to the potty. <G> I'll enjoy knowing that during
>the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow myself
>to get worked up over this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite
>nicely I feel. So the official Friday numbers are
>
>down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
>98.1 pounds
>
>And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
>most probably isn't a big deal, but it made me feel good.
>Last night hub noticed I had driven a huge screw into the
>rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course the one that
>sonny boy needs to borrow to head up to the old college
>campus and retrieve the last of his possessions. He made an
>appointment at the local repair place to have it fixed
>today, called and told me that SIL was not working ... call
>and have him pick me up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set
>everything up and thought, geeeeeesh, I'm only a few blocks
>from home, can walk straight through the park, dodging the
>geese ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why
>call? I'll probably make it home faster if I walk. So
>picked my little legs up and off I went. I have no idea how
>fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in
>front of me <G>, but I was home in less than 7 minutes. And
>I felt terrific. WooHoo!
>
>Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
>130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

I know how you feel - I go up and down the most amazing
amount within the space of a week - it's really hard to
predict what offical WI will show!

Still, you were down over all, so that's pretty good :) A
nice way to maintain I feel :)

--
krys

UK 157/129.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th
2001 ...on the move again?...

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
> down, down, down
all week
> long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't that the way life
> always goes? <G>
No
> biggie, todays weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from last
> week and really
did not
> surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
> which had me
drinking mega
> quantities ... and not running to the potty. <G> I'll
> enjoy knowing that
during
> the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow myself
> to get worked
up over
> this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
> official Friday
numbers
> are .......................
>
> down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
> 98.1 pounds
>
> And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
> most probably
isn't a
> big deal, but it made me feel good. Last night hub noticed
> I had driven a
huge
> screw into the rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course
> the one that
sonny boy
> needs to borrow to head up to the old college campus and
> retrieve the last
of his
> possessions. He made an appointment at the local repair
> place to have it
fixed
> today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
> call and have him
pick me
> up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set everything up and
> thought,
geeeeeesh, I'm
> only a few blocks from home, can walk straight through the
> park, dodging
the geese
> ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why call?
> I'll probably make
it home
> faster if I walk. So picked my little legs up and off I
> went. I have no
idea how
> fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in
> front of me <G>,
but I
> was home in less than 7 minutes. And I felt
> terrific. WooHoo!
>
> Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
> 130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

What a neat walk. Congrats on the loss of over a pound,
Geeze whatdayawant!!!!!!! You are So maintaining. I am
beginning to feel a little more comfortable with the ups and
downs (emotionally speaking) is that happening to you?

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
> down, down, down
all week
> long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't that the way life
> always goes? <G>
No
> biggie, todays weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from last
> week and really
did not
> surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
> which had me
drinking mega
> quantities ... and not running to the potty. <G> I'll
> enjoy knowing that
during
> the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow myself
> to get worked
up over
> this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
> official Friday
numbers
> are .......................
>
> down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
> 98.1 pounds
>
> And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
> most probably
isn't a
> big deal, but it made me feel good. Last night hub noticed
> I had driven a
huge
> screw into the rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course
> the one that
sonny boy
> needs to borrow to head up to the old college campus and
> retrieve the last
of his
> possessions. He made an appointment at the local repair
> place to have it
fixed
> today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
> call and have him
pick me
> up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set everything up and
> thought,
geeeeeesh, I'm
> only a few blocks from home, can walk straight through the
> park, dodging
the geese
> ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why call?
> I'll probably make
it home
> faster if I walk. So picked my little legs up and off I
> went. I have no
idea how
> fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in
> front of me <G>,
but I
> was home in less than 7 minutes. And I felt
> terrific. WooHoo!
>
> Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
> 130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

Hi, Joyce, Nice loss! and wonderful to know that you could
walking home in seven minutes.
--
Take Care Catherine
154/134.6/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
> down, down, down
all week
> long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't that the way life
> always goes? <G>
No
> biggie, todays weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from last
> week and really
did not
> surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
> which had me
drinking mega
> quantities ... and not running to the potty. <G> I'll
> enjoy knowing that
during
> the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow myself
> to get worked
up over
> this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
> official Friday
numbers
> are .......................
>
> down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
> 98.1 pounds
>
> And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
> most probably
isn't a
> big deal, but it made me feel good. Last night hub noticed
> I had driven a
huge
> screw into the rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course
> the one that
sonny boy
> needs to borrow to head up to the old college campus and
> retrieve the last
of his
> possessions. He made an appointment at the local repair
> place to have it
fixed
> today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
> call and have him
pick me
> up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set everything up and
> thought,
geeeeeesh, I'm
> only a few blocks from home, can walk straight through the
> park, dodging
the geese
> ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why call?
> I'll probably make
it home
> faster if I walk. So picked my little legs up and off I
> went. I have no
idea how
> fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in
> front of me <G>,
but I
> was home in less than 7 minutes. And I felt
> terrific. WooHoo!
>
> Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
> 130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

Yes, you are maintaining VERY nicely. I hope to do as well
as you when I get where you are.

This nicer weather is a welcome breath of fresh air. We
probably need rain, but I'm sure enjoying these days of
calm, warmer, sunshine-filled days. Bet that walk in the
park felt like, well, a walk in the park!! LOL

Linda P

<[email protected]> wrote:

>The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
>down, down, down all week long ... up today for weigh in.
>Isn't that the way life always goes? <G> No biggie, todays
>weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from last week and really
>did not surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last
>nite which had me drinking mega quantities ... and not
>running to the potty. <G> I'll enjoy knowing that during
>the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow myself
>to get worked up over this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite
>nicely I feel. So the official Friday numbers are
>
>down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
>98.1 pounds
>
>And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
>most probably isn't a big deal, but it made me feel good.
>Last night hub noticed I had driven a huge screw into the
>rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course the one that
>sonny boy needs to borrow to head up to the old college
>campus and retrieve the last of his possessions. He made an
>appointment at the local repair place to have it fixed
>today, called and told me that SIL was not working ... call
>and have him pick me up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set
>everything up and thought, geeeeeesh, I'm only a few blocks
>from home, can walk straight through the park, dodging the
>geese ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why
>call? I'll probably make it home faster if I walk. So
>picked my little legs up and off I went. I have no idea how
>fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in
>front of me <G>, but I was home in less than 7 minutes. And
>I felt terrific. WooHoo!
>
>Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
>130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

That's fantasting Joyce!

Definitely watch out for the geese....5 of them made me late
for work. They were crossing the street spaced just far
enough apart that I couldn't drive between 'em.

Julie "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
> down, down, down
all week
> long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't that the way life
> always goes? <G>
No
> biggie, todays weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from last
> week and really
did not
> surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
> which had me
drinking mega
> quantities ... and not running to the potty. <G> I'll
> enjoy knowing that
during
> the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow myself
> to get worked
up over
> this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
> official Friday
numbers
> are .......................
>
> down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
> 98.1 pounds
>
> And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
> most probably
isn't a
> big deal, but it made me feel good. Last night hub noticed
> I had driven a
huge
> screw into the rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course
> the one that
sonny boy
> needs to borrow to head up to the old college campus and
> retrieve the last
of his
> possessions. He made an appointment at the local repair
> place to have it
fixed
> today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
> call and have him
pick me
> up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set everything up and
> thought,
geeeeeesh, I'm
> only a few blocks from home, can walk straight through the
> park, dodging
the geese
> ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why call?
> I'll probably make
it home
> faster if I walk. So picked my little legs up and off I
> went. I have no
idea how
> fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in
> front of me <G>,
but I
> was home in less than 7 minutes. And I felt
> terrific. WooHoo!
>
> Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
> 130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

Hey Joyce you are doing really well, looking forward to
reading more of your progress. Keep up the good work.
Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland

WW WI 69.8 / 61.9 / 61kg 134 lbs

<[email protected]> wrote:

>The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
>down, down, down all week long ... up today for weigh in.
>Isn't that the way life always goes? <G> No biggie, todays
>weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from last week and really
>did not surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last
>nite which had me drinking mega quantities ... and not
>running to the potty. <G> I'll enjoy knowing that during
>the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow myself
>to get worked up over this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite
>nicely I feel. So the official Friday numbers are
>
>down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
>98.1 pounds
>
>And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
>most probably isn't a big deal, but it made me feel good.
>Last night hub noticed I had driven a huge screw into the
>rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course the one that
>sonny boy needs to borrow to head up to the old college
>campus and retrieve the last of his possessions. He made an
>appointment at the local repair place to have it fixed
>today, called and told me that SIL was not working ... call
>and have him pick me up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set
>everything up and thought, geeeeeesh, I'm only a few blocks
>from home, can walk straight through the park, dodging the
>geese ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why
>call? I'll probably make it home faster if I walk. So
>picked my little legs up and off I went. I have no idea how
>fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in
>front of me <G>, but I was home in less than 7 minutes. And
>I felt terrific. WooHoo!
>
>Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
>130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

Thanks Michelle. I am definitely planning on keeping the
work up. Even when I slide that slippery slope, as tonite.
<sigh> Wonderful, wonderful, unexpected dinner out. Mucho
sodium, even more food. But I know how to handle it ...
might take some time, but I can deal with it. <G>

Joyce

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 08:36:16 +0200, Michelle Guy
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hey Joyce you are doing really well, looking forward to
>reading more of your progress. Keep up the good work.
>Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland
>
>WW WI 69.8 / 61.9 / 61kg 134 lbs
>
>On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:11:54 -0600, Joyce
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
>>down, down, down all week long ... up today for weigh in.
>>Isn't that the way life always goes? <G> No biggie, todays
>>weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from last week and
>>really did not surprise me at all as I had a very salty
>>meal last nite which had me drinking mega quantities ...
>>and not running to the potty. <G> I'll enjoy knowing that
>>during the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow
>>myself to get worked up over this. I AM MAINTAINING, and
>>quite nicely I feel. So the official Friday numbers are
>>
>>down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
>>98.1 pounds
>>
>>And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
>>most probably isn't a big deal, but it made me feel good.
>>Last night hub noticed I had driven a huge screw into the
>>rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course the one that
>>sonny boy needs to borrow to head up to the old college
>>campus and retrieve the last of his possessions. He made
>>an appointment at the local repair place to have it fixed
>>today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
>>call and have him pick me up. Wellllll, I drove the car
>>in, set everything up and thought, geeeeeesh, I'm only a
>>few blocks from home, can walk straight through the park,
>>dodging the geese ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out
>>... why call? I'll probably make it home faster if I walk.
>>So picked my little legs up and off I went. I have no idea
>>how fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor
>>in front of me <G>, but I was home in less than 7 minutes.
>>And I felt terrific. WooHoo!
>>
>>Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
>>130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

Thanks dear. I am getting very good at hovering,
aren't I? <G>

Walking without a treadmill, is amazing, isn't it? Wonder
why I didn't think of it before. <G> Really, I usually don't
as the traffic is very heavy in this area
- and I don't like battling with all the crazy drivers. But
I knew I could use the back entrance and only have to
cross on street to get to the park, then it was quiet and
peaceful. Hub and I will usually walk this route when we
go to the bread outlet store - but having to cross the
major roads does not enthuse me.

Our temps weren't quite as nice as yours ... was 45F when I
was out this morning. But it felt like a heat wave compared
to those 30's. I think they are talking similar temps all
week long, but I also believe they have no rain in the
forecast. THAT's nice for a change.

Joyce

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 08:45:25 -0800, Fred
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Congrats on the overall downward hover even if it was an
>upward hover somewhere along the line (G)
>
>And walking - without a treadmill - amazing, truly amazing
>(G) Spring is coming here, too. 60F+ and today and closer
>to 70F tomorrow (when I hope to ski or, at least, hike)
>
>On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:11:54 -0600, Joyce
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
>>down, down, down all week long ... up today for weigh in.
>>Isn't that the way life always goes? <G> No biggie, todays
>>weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from last week and
>>really did not surprise me at all as I had a very salty
>>meal last nite which had me drinking mega quantities ...
>>and not running to the potty. <G> I'll enjoy knowing that
>>during the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow
>>myself to get worked up over this. I AM MAINTAINING, and
>>quite nicely I feel. So the official Friday numbers are
>>
>>down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
>>98.1 pounds
>>
>>And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
>>most probably isn't a big deal, but it made me feel good.
>>Last night hub noticed I had driven a huge screw into the
>>rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course the one that
>>sonny boy needs to borrow to head up to the old college
>>campus and retrieve the last of his possessions. He made
>>an appointment at the local repair place to have it fixed
>>today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
>>call and have him pick me up. Wellllll, I drove the car
>>in, set everything up and thought, geeeeeesh, I'm only a
>>few blocks from home, can walk straight through the park,
>>dodging the geese ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out
>>... why call? I'll probably make it home faster if I walk.
>>So picked my little legs up and off I went. I have no idea
>>how fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor
>>in front of me <G>, but I was home in less than 7 minutes.
>>And I felt terrific. WooHoo!
>>
>>Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
>>130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

It sure can be frustrating, can't it? Normally for me it's
only about a 2 pound swing throughout the week - but for the
past two weeks it has been closer to 4 pounds up and down.
It is amazing. Everyone in my house better watch out when
this ol' body decides to let go of the sodium. I may just
set up camp in the bathroom. <G>

Thanks, I'm feeling rather good about hanging in there
this week.

Joyce

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 18:08:19 +0100, "krys"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I know how you feel - I go up and down the most amazing
>amount within the space of a week - it's really hard to
>predict what offical WI will show!
>
>Still, you were down over all, so that's pretty good :) A
>nice way to maintain I feel :)
>
>--
>krys
>
>UK 157/129.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th
>2001 ...on the move again?...
>
>"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
>> down, down, down
>all week
>> long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't that the way life
>> always goes? <G>
>No
>> biggie, todays weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from
>> last week and really
>did not
>> surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
>> which had me
>drinking mega
>> quantities ... and not running to the potty. <G> I'll
>> enjoy knowing that
>during
>> the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow
>> myself to get worked
>up over
>> this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
>> official Friday
>numbers
>> are .......................
>>
>> down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to
>> date: 98.1 pounds

hehehe - I wanted that number that I saw the few days before
the official day. <G> But I get what I get, and am satisfied
with that ... this week.

Ya know, I think I am finally coming to grips with the ups
and downs. It has taken quite a while to get there, but I
THINK I am there. Today didn't really phase me, and tomorrow
won't either as I know what to expect. It's when the numbers
go up and don't move down that I go over the deep edge.

Joyce

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 18:09:03 GMT, "Lesanne"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>What a neat walk. Congrats on the loss of over a pound,
>Geeze whatdayawant!!!!!!! You are So maintaining. I am
>beginning to feel a little more comfortable with the ups
>and downs (emotionally speaking) is that happening to you?
>

>"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
>> down, down, down
>all week
>> long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't that the way life
>> always goes? <G>
>No
>> biggie, todays weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from
>> last week and really
>did not
>> surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
>> which had me
>drinking mega
>> quantities ... and not running to the potty. <G> I'll
>> enjoy knowing that
>during
>> the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow
>> myself to get worked
>up over
>> this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
>> official Friday
>numbers
>> are .......................
>>
>> down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to
>> date: 98.1 pounds
>>
>> And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which
>> for most probably
>isn't a
>> big deal, but it made me feel good. Last night hub
>> noticed I had driven a
>huge
>> screw into the rear tire of one of our vehicles, of
>> course the one that
>sonny boy
>> needs to borrow to head up to the old college campus and
>> retrieve the last
>of his
>> possessions. He made an appointment at the local repair
>> place to have it
>fixed
>> today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
>> call and have him
>pick me
>> up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set everything up and
>> thought,
>geeeeeesh, I'm
>> only a few blocks from home, can walk straight through
>> the park, dodging
>the geese
>> ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why call?
>> I'll probably make
>it home
>> faster if I walk. So picked my little legs up and off I
>> went. I have no
>idea how
>> fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in
>> front of me <G>,
>but I
>> was home in less than 7 minutes. And I felt terrific.
>> WooHoo!
>>
>> Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
>> 130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

Thanks Catherine. Truth be told ... that 7 minute walk was
only about 4 or 5 blocks, nothing major. The park is down
the street from us that has a lovely walking path built into
it - around a poor excuse for a lake <g>. But when the
weather is nice, we do enjoy having the quiet and peaceful
area to escape to. You just have to watch where you step, as
the geese manage to make a real mess of things. <G>

Joyce

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 21:17:30 GMT, "Catherine White"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi, Joyce, Nice loss! and wonderful to know that you could
>walking home in seven minutes.
>--
>Take Care Catherine
>154/134.6/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132
>

>"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
>> down, down, down
>all week
>> long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't that the way life
>> always goes? <G>
>No
>> biggie, todays weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from
>> last week and really
>did not
>> surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
>> which had me
>drinking mega
>> quantities ... and not running to the potty. <G> I'll
>> enjoy knowing that
>during
>> the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow
>> myself to get worked
>up over
>> this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
>> official Friday
>numbers
>> are .......................
>>
>> down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to
>> date: 98.1 pounds
>>
>> And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which
>> for most probably
>isn't a
>> big deal, but it made me feel good. Last night hub
>> noticed I had driven a
>huge
>> screw into the rear tire of one of our vehicles, of
>> course the one that
>sonny boy
>> needs to borrow to head up to the old college campus and
>> retrieve the last
>of his
>> possessions. He made an appointment at the local repair
>> place to have it
>fixed
>> today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
>> call and have him
>pick me
>> up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set everything up and
>> thought,
>geeeeeesh, I'm
>> only a few blocks from home, can walk straight through
>> the park, dodging
>the geese
>> ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why call?
>> I'll probably make
>it home
>> faster if I walk. So picked my little legs up and off I
>> went. I have no
>idea how
>> fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in
>> front of me <G>,
>but I
>> was home in less than 7 minutes. And I felt terrific.
>> WooHoo!
>>
>> Joyce

Thanks Linda, I know you will do fine when you reach
maintenance. You are as paranoid as the rest of us. <G>

We don't need the rain, already had a full week of it.
That's why today was so incredibly nice, even though the
temps were still in the mid 40's when I was out. The sun was
shining brightly, sooooo nice.

Joyce

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 17:37:36 -0600, Prairie Roots
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Yes, you are maintaining VERY nicely. I hope to do as well
>as you when I get where you are.
>
>This nicer weather is a welcome breath of fresh air. We
>probably need rain, but I'm sure enjoying these days of
>calm, warmer, sunshine-filled days. Bet that walk in the
>park felt like, well, a walk in the park!! LOL
>
>Linda P
>
>On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:11:54 -0600, Joyce
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
>>down, down, down all week long ... up today for weigh in.
>>Isn't that the way life always goes? <G> No biggie, todays
>>weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from last week and
>>really did not surprise me at all as I had a very salty
>>meal last nite which had me drinking mega quantities ...
>>and not running to the potty. <G> I'll enjoy knowing that
>>during the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow
>>myself to get worked up over this. I AM MAINTAINING, and
>>quite nicely I feel. So the official Friday numbers are
>>
>>down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
>>98.1 pounds
>>
>>And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
>>most probably isn't a big deal, but it made me feel good.
>>Last night hub noticed I had driven a huge screw into the
>>rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course the one that
>>sonny boy needs to borrow to head up to the old college
>>campus and retrieve the last of his possessions. He made
>>an appointment at the local repair place to have it fixed
>>today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
>>call and have him pick me up. Wellllll, I drove the car
>>in, set everything up and thought, geeeeeesh, I'm only a
>>few blocks from home, can walk straight through the park,
>>dodging the geese ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out
>>... why call? I'll probably make it home faster if I walk.
>>So picked my little legs up and off I went. I have no idea
>>how fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor
>>in front of me <G>, but I was home in less than 7 minutes.
>>And I felt terrific. WooHoo!
>>
>>Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
>>130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

Thanks Julie. Geese, ducks - we're always battling them
around here. You haven't lived until you've woken up in the
morning and find a duck staring at you through your
skylight. <G> We are over run with geese in this area, no
one has figured out a way to get them to vacate .. the
numbers seem to increase every year. When we have heavy
rains, they wander into the neighborhood and set up camp in
the yards with the most standing water.

Joyce

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 18:00:17 -0600, "skiur"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>That's fantasting Joyce!
>
>Definitely watch out for the geese....5 of them made me
>late for work. They were crossing the street spaced just
>far enough apart that I couldn't drive between 'em.
>
>Julie "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
>> down, down, down
>all week
>> long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't that the way life
>> always goes? <G>
>No
>> biggie, todays weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from
>> last week and really
>did not
>> surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
>> which had me
>drinking mega
>> quantities ... and not running to the potty. <G> I'll
>> enjoy knowing that
>during
>> the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow
>> myself to get worked
>up over
>> this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
>> official Friday
>numbers
>> are .......................
>>
>> down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to
>> date: 98.1 pounds
>>
>> And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which
>> for most probably
>isn't a
>> big deal, but it made me feel good. Last night hub
>> noticed I had driven a
>huge
>> screw into the rear tire of one of our vehicles, of
>> course the one that
>sonny boy
>> needs to borrow to head up to the old college campus and
>> retrieve the last
>of his
>> possessions. He made an appointment at the local repair
>> place to have it
>fixed
>> today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
>> call and have him
>pick me
>> up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set everything up and
>> thought,
>geeeeeesh, I'm
>> only a few blocks from home, can walk straight through
>> the park, dodging
>the geese
>> ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why call?
>> I'll probably make
>it home
>> faster if I walk. So picked my little legs up and off I
>> went. I have no
>idea how
>> fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in
>> front of me <G>,
>but I
>> was home in less than 7 minutes. And I felt terrific.
>> WooHoo!
>>
>> Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
>> 130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

I'm delighted to have found such a delightful group of
kindred spirits. Home at last!

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 02:20:49 -0600, Joyce
<[email protected]> wrote:

>You are as paranoid as the rest of us. <G>

Linda P
232/153/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

great loss and even better NSV
Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
> down, down, down
all week
> long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't that the way life
> always goes? <G>
No
> biggie, todays weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from last
> week and really
did not
> surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
> which had me
drinking mega
> quantities ... and not running to the potty. <G> I'll
> enjoy knowing that
during
> the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow myself
> to get worked
up over
> this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
> official Friday
numbers
> are .......................
>
> down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to date:
> 98.1 pounds
>
> And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which for
> most probably
isn't a
> big deal, but it made me feel good. Last night hub noticed
> I had driven a
huge
> screw into the rear tire of one of our vehicles, of course
> the one that
sonny boy
> needs to borrow to head up to the old college campus and
> retrieve the last
of his
> possessions. He made an appointment at the local repair
> place to have it
fixed
> today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
> call and have him
pick me
> up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set everything up and
> thought,
geeeeeesh, I'm
> only a few blocks from home, can walk straight through the
> park, dodging
the geese
> ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why call?
> I'll probably make
it home
> faster if I walk. So picked my little legs up and off I
> went. I have no
idea how
> fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor in
> front of me <G>,
but I
> was home in less than 7 minutes. And I felt
> terrific. WooHoo!
>
> Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
> 130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

oh my. I haven't had *that* happen. Although I worked in a
place where the front door was attacked by the geese of the
office part. It just kept slamming its head into the
glass...don't know why.

I guess the best time to check if a house has a dry lawn is
to see where the geese go to gather :)

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Thanks Julie. Geese, ducks - we're always battling them
> around here. You
haven't
> lived until you've woken up in the morning and find a duck
> staring at you
through
> your skylight. <G> We are over run with geese in this
> area, no one has
figured
> out a way to get them to vacate .. the numbers seem to
> increase every
year. When
> we have heavy rains, they wander into the neighborhood and
> set up camp in
the
> yards with the most standing water.
>
> Joyce
>
> On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 18:00:17 -0600, "skiur"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >That's fantasting Joyce!
> >
> >Definitely watch out for the geese....5 of them made me
> >late for work.
They
> >were crossing the street spaced just far enough apart
> >that I couldn't
drive
> >between 'em.
> >
> >Julie "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
> >> down, down, down
> >all week
> >> long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't that the way life
> >> always goes?
<G>
> >No
> >> biggie, todays weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from
> >> last week and
really
> >did not
> >> surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
> >> which had me
> >drinking mega
> >> quantities ... and not running to the potty. <G> I'll
> >> enjoy knowing
that
> >during
> >> the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow
> >> myself to get
worked
> >up over
> >> this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
> >> official
Friday
> >numbers
> >> are .......................
> >>
> >> down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to
> >> date: 98.1 pounds
> >>
> >> And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which
> >> for most
probably
> >isn't a
> >> big deal, but it made me feel good. Last night hub
> >> noticed I had
driven a
> >huge
> >> screw into the rear tire of one of our vehicles, of
> >> course the one that
> >sonny boy
> >> needs to borrow to head up to the old college campus
> >> and retrieve the
last
> >of his
> >> possessions. He made an appointment at the local repair
> >> place to have
it
> >fixed
> >> today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
> >> call and have
him
> >pick me
> >> up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set everything up and
> >> thought,
> >geeeeeesh, I'm
> >> only a few blocks from home, can walk straight through
> >> the park,
dodging
> >the geese
> >> ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why call?
> >> I'll probably
make
> >it home
> >> faster if I walk. So picked my little legs up and off I
> >> went. I have
no
> >idea how
> >> fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor
> >> in front of me
<H>,
> >but I
> >> was home in less than 7 minutes. And I felt terrific.
> >> WooHoo!
> >>
> >> Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current
> >> weight: 130.7 total loss: 98.1 Lifetime: 4/4/03

Hi, Joyce, It's good to read how well you continue to do
with the program.
--
Take Care Catherine
154/134.6/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Thanks Catherine. Truth be told ... that 7 minute walk was
> only about 4
or 5
> blocks, nothing major. The park is down the street from us
> that has a
lovely
> walking path built into it - around a poor excuse for a
> lake <g>. But
when the
> weather is nice, we do enjoy having the quiet and peaceful
> area to escape
to. You
> just have to watch where you step, as the geese manage to
> make a real mess
of

wrote:

> >Hi, Joyce, Nice loss! and wonderful to know that you
> >could walking home
in
> >seven minutes.
> >--
> >Take Care Catherine
> >154/134.6/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132
> >

> >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> The scale has once again been doing a dance for me ...
> >> down, down, down
> >all week
> >> long ... up today for weigh in. Isn't that the way life
> >> always goes?
<G>
> >No
> >> biggie, todays weight still showed me a 1.3 loss from
> >> last week and
really
> >did not
> >> surprise me at all as I had a very salty meal last nite
> >> which had me
> >drinking mega
> >> quantities ... and not running to the potty. <G> I'll
> >> enjoy knowing
that
> >during
> >> the week I DID see lower numbers and will not allow
> >> myself to get
worked
> >up over
> >> this. I AM MAINTAINING, and quite nicely I feel. So the
> >> official
Friday
> >numbers
> >> are .......................
> >>
> >> down 1.3 pounds official weight: 130.7 total loss to
> >> date: 98.1 pounds
> >>
> >> And I have recorded an all time first for me ... which
> >> for most
probably
> >isn't a
> >> big deal, but it made me feel good. Last night hub
> >> noticed I had
driven a
> >huge
> >> screw into the rear tire of one of our vehicles, of
> >> course the one that
> >sonny boy
> >> needs to borrow to head up to the old college campus
> >> and retrieve the
last
> >of his
> >> possessions. He made an appointment at the local repair
> >> place to have
it
> >fixed
> >> today, called and told me that SIL was not working ...
> >> call and have
him
> >pick me
> >> up. Wellllll, I drove the car in, set everything up and
> >> thought,
> >geeeeeesh, I'm
> >> only a few blocks from home, can walk straight through
> >> the park,
dodging
> >the geese
> >> ... and it IS somewhat of a nice day out ... why call?
> >> I'll probably
make
> >it home
> >> faster if I walk. So picked my little legs up and off I
> >> went. I have
no
> >idea how
> >> fast I walked, hard to judge without that lcd monitor
> >> in front of me
<H>,
> >but I
> >> was home in less than 7 minutes. And I felt terrific.
> >> WooHoo!
> >>
> >> Joyce

I am a walker both urban and mountain. Seattle is a pretty
good walking town if you like HILLS!

Temps today set a new record altho being in the mountains I
don't know what they reached. But it was mind-blowingly
perfect UP there.

I shall post a link in a bit as soon as I figure out how (G)