General fitness, health and nutrition ยท Public discussion

WNM update - Joyce

Started by Joyce ยท ยท Last activity ยท 62 posts ยท 1,796 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
9 April 2004
Last activity
30 April 2004
Original author
Joyce
Posts
62
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,796
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21โ€“40 of 62
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have probably seen worse but I'll wait till the
    appropriate pics are available (G)

    Lesanne said:

    You don't want to see that picture... ๐Ÿ™‚

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Photos at 11! (g)

    My hiking friend said she is going to burn the shorts I
    wore this weekend as I yanked them up for about the
    10th time.

    Lesanne said:

    Too strange. I almost lost a pair of shorts I had been
    wearing regularly with no problems today, put too much
    junk in the pockets...

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > Exactly what I've been going through, which is why I'm
    > getting better


    at

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    not
    > letting the number on the scale get the best of me.
    > This morning I
    actually did
    > laugh at it, found it quite humorous (and expected).
    > You know I didn't
    formally
    > exercise through the weightloss portion of my journey,
    > didn't really


    start

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > faithfully until sometime in the fall of last year -
    > might even have


    been

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    closer
    > to winter. <G> Now I rarely miss a day on the old
    > treadmill and do


    stay

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the same
    > weight, somewhat ... swinging within a 5 pound range -
    > but I swear I am
    getting
    > smaller. That or manufacturers are playing a game with
    > my head ... or
    gremlins
    > are busy at work in my closet adding material to my
    > jeans and t's.


    Today

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I threw
    > a sweater on that I bought on a lark, nothing special
    > - deeply cut


    V-neck,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    have to
    > wear a tank under it (or show my belly button!). I had
    > only worn it


    once

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    this
    > entire winter, didn't like the way it fit - seemed cut
    > too short and a


    tad

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    too
    > form fitting in the arms and chest. Today it's longer
    > (imagine that)


    and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    loose -
    > very comfy and has me wondering why it has sat so long
    > in the closet.


    Two

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    weeks
    > ago I was trying on pants/shorts and walked out
    > frustrated with only


    one

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    pair ...
    > oh, and a belt to hold my *old* jeans in place.
    > Everything I tried on
    was too
    > big - but the same size I had been purchasing (I did
    > purchase a pair of
    smaller
    > capris though). I think the body has definitely been
    > doing something -
    even if
    > the scale refuses to show it. Of course, I no longer
    > take measurements


    so

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I can't
    > prove a thing. It seemed pointless to continue taking
    > them when on
    maintenance as
    > nothing was changing ... or so I thought.
    >
    > Joyce
    >
    > On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 16:05:22 GMT, "Lesanne"
    > <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >
    > >You know this is so strange, but I seem to be getting
    > >smaller,


    although I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >have not changed in weight for some months now. Not
    > >really you know?


    It

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >seems to be doing some odd thing...........
    > >
    > >"Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> ARGHHHHHHHHH! 132.4 this morning ... tom again,
    > >> already, whatever.
    Need
    > >I say
    > >> more? I swear my body has now decided to go totally
    > >> wacko on me.


    <g>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >Other than
    > >> that, and possibly two days of eating some
    > >> fantastic jambalaya


    (which

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    was
    > >rather
    > >> salty) no reasonable explanation.
    > >>
    > >> On the plus side ... my jeans are feeling
    > >> incredibly baggy. LOL
    > >>
    > >> Joyce
    > >>
    > >>
    > >
    >


  2. great attitude, I think there should be a tom allowance given once each four
    weeks, Lee
    Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    ARGHHHHHHHHH! 132.4 this morning ... tom again, already,
    whatever. Need


    I say

    Quoted message said:

    more? I swear my body has now decided to go totally wacko
    on me. <g>


    Other than

    Quoted message said:

    that, and possibly two days of eating some fantastic
    jambalaya (which was


    rather

    Quoted message said:

    salty) no reasonable explanation.

    On the plus side ... my jeans are feeling incredibly
    baggy. LOL

    Joyce

  3. Or more often than once each four weeks, since the body
    seems to be playing games on me. <grin>

    Joyce

    Miss Violette said:

    great attitude, I think there should be a tom allowance
    given once each four weeks, Lee Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote
    in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    ARGHHHHHHHHH! 132.4 this morning ... tom again, already,
    whatever. Need


    I say

    Quoted message said:

    more? I swear my body has now decided to go totally wacko
    on me. <g>


    Other than

    Quoted message said:

    that, and possibly two days of eating some fantastic
    jambalaya (which was


    rather

    Quoted message said:

    salty) no reasonable explanation.

    On the plus side ... my jeans are feeling incredibly
    baggy. LOL

    Joyce


  4. Yup, an up ... think 2 pounds or close to it. This week has
    been back down. I panic for some reason when over 130 ...
    yet I know my *danger zone* is 135 - when I really kick
    things in gear. I think I need to focus more on that 135. Or
    maybe not. Focusing on that 130 seems to keep me more in
    control of things - even though I know I swing up and down
    from there (more up than down).

    I did check my jean sizes when out a few weeks ago. While it
    was fun to learn I have decreased a size, I didn't buy
    anything other than that pair of capris. The current jeans
    are not unnacceptably baggy - they are comfy ... and they
    are jeans. I can continue to get by with what I have. I'll
    have to dig through the summer t's soon though - not sure
    what I have from last year. Shorts should be fine.

    Joyce

    Fred said:

    I have to presume that it is an UP?

    The food sounds good including the salt!

    My jeans also seem more roomy even with the weight
    variations. I was thinking of hitting Costco and check on
    the next size down but maybe I should not jump the gun.

    Joyce said:

    ARGHHHHHHHHH! 132.4 this morning ... tom again, already,
    whatever. Need I say more? I swear my body has now decided
    to go totally wacko on me. <g> Other than that, and
    possibly two days of eating some fantastic jambalaya
    (which was rather salty) no reasonable explanation.

    On the plus side ... my jeans are feeling incredibly
    baggy. LOL

    Joyce

  5. Certainly - then I'm headed off to bed and hope to catch up
    on the rest of my backed up messages sometime soon. <grin>

    I buy the skinless chicken sausages at Trader Joe's. They
    come in packages of 5 links - in the refrigerated section
    near the deli meats/salsa. There are several different
    flavors available. I used the sundried tomato in this
    recipe, only because it was what I had in my freezer ...
    there is also an italian sausage flavor that is very good.

    A few notes on what changes I made to the recipe:

    Original recipe called for 2T butter - I used light butter
    and reduced it to 1T, probably could do as well with
    margarine.

    The original recipe called for raw shrimp - I used frozen
    pre-cooked and cleaned (thawed and removed the tails), added
    it at the tail end of cooking just to heat it through
    without shrinking it. If using raw, add it in the third
    step, with the can of tomatoes, etc.

    The squash wasn't in the original recipe - I threw it in
    because I had some that needed to be used up. You can really
    add any vegetables you desire!

    I do think the rice could be cut back to 1 cup - I used 1
    1/8 and it was wonderful though ... thick like a casserole,
    not liquidy like soup. If you want it more liquidy, then
    maybe do not drain the liquid from the second can of
    tomatoes? The original recipe also did NOT call for the
    second can of diced tomatoes. We love tomatoes, so decided
    to throw extra in.

    Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! And be prepared - it
    made a ton! I used a super large non-stick skillet to
    prepare this (maybe 14 or 16"๐Ÿ˜‰ and it filled the pan. If
    you don't have one that big, you might want to use a dutch
    oven. <grin>

    Joyce

    Jambalaya

    12 ounces chicken sausage 1 tablespoon light butter 1 cup
    onion -- diced 1 cup green pepper -- diced
    1/2 cup celery -- sliced thin 1 1/2 cups yellow squash
    -- diced 2 cans (14 ounce) diced tomatoes --
    seperated 14 ounces low sodium/fat free chicken broth
    1 1/8 cups long-grain white rice 3 cloves garlic --
    minced 2 tablespoons parsley 2 each bay leaves, whole
    1 teaspoon thyme 1 teaspoon basil
    2/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    3/2 teaspoon salt
    4/8 teaspoon ground clove
    5/8 teaspoon ground allspice
    6/2 teaspoon chili powder
    7/2 cup green onion -- sliced thin 1 1/2 pounds frozen
    cooked shrimp (3oz cooked) -- thawed

    In large nonstick skillet on low heat, brown sausage in
    butter for a few minutes.

    Add onion, green pepper, celery and squash. Saute slowly
    until vegetables are tender.

    Add 1 can of diced tomatoes with liquid, chicken broth,
    rice, garlic and spices. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat, cover
    and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until rice is tender and
    liquid is absorbed. Stir occassionally.

    During last few minutes of cooking, add green onion, 1 can
    diced tomatoes that have had the liquid drained and cooked
    shrimp; cover and continue heating. Do not overcook shrimp
    ... turn heat off after 2 or 3 minutes and allow shrimp to
    continue heating in covered pan for a few minutes.

    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -

    Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 381 Calories; 7g Fat
    (16.2% calories from fat); 38g Protein; 43g Carbohydrate; 5g
    Dietary Fiber; 267mg Cholesterol; 971mg Sodium.

    skiur said:

    Sounds delic. Care to share it? DH loves that stuff and
    last week was jambalaya week in the cafeteria. He only had
    it twice last week and was sulking.

    I've yet to find skinless chicken sausage though-not that
    i've looked either.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Oh yea, I had counted on that ahead of time. This week
    seemed to be the


    week for

    Quoted message said:

    trying new recipes - all with more sodium than usually
    consumed. We tried


    a

    Quoted message said:

    homemade chicken pasta carbonara - which was pretty good
    but not overly


    worth the

    Quoted message said:

    effort. The jambalaya will definitely be a repeater
    though - even with


    the sodium

    Quoted message said:

    content. It was my first attempt, and everyone loved it.
    A little point


    heavy

    Quoted message said:

    (7.5), but not overly bad and the portion size was huge.
    What amazed me


    was the

    Quoted message said:

    original recipe claimed 6 servings, but called for a full
    pound of smoked


    sausage,

    Quoted message said:

    3 pounds (yes three) of shrimp and 1.5 cups of uncooked
    rice. I looked at


    it

    Quoted message said:

    several times and thought that sounded like an incredible
    amount of food.


    I think

    Quoted message said:

    it also worked out to something like 1200 calories per
    serving. LOL I


    revamped

    Quoted message said:

    the recipe with great results - added more veggies to it,
    cut the shrimp


    down to

    Quoted message said:

    1.5 pounds, and used 12 ounces of skinless chicken
    sausage, cut the rice


    back to 1

    Quoted message said:

    1/8 cup (will cut it back further to 1 cup next time). It
    still made a


    huge

    Quoted message said:

    skillet full, and hub and I finished it for dinner last
    nite ... but MY


    version

    Quoted message said:

    worked out to 381 calories per serving. Served with more
    veggies on the


    side, and

    Quoted message said:

    a salad. We were definitely stuffed.

    Joyce

    skiur said:

    I'd say the salt in the jambalaya. Hang in there.

    Julie "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > ARGHHHHHHHHH! 132.4 this morning ... tom again,
    > already, whatever.


    Need

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I say
    > more? I swear my body has now decided to go totally
    > wacko on me. <g>
    Other than
    > that, and possibly two days of eating some fantastic
    > jambalaya (which


    was

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    rather
    > salty) no reasonable explanation.
    >
    > On the plus side ... my jeans are feeling incredibly
    > baggy. LOL
    >
    > Joyce
    >
    >


  6. I panic when I get into the one sixers. Know just what you
    mean.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Yup, an up ... think 2 pounds or close to it. This week
    has been back


    down. I

    Quoted message said:

    panic for some reason when over 130 ... yet I know my
    *danger zone* is


    135 - when

    Quoted message said:

    I really kick things in gear. I think I need to focus more
    on that 135.


    Or maybe

    Quoted message said:

    not. Focusing on that 130 seems to keep me more in control
    of things -


    even

    Quoted message said:

    though I know I swing up and down from there (more up
    than down).

    I did check my jean sizes when out a few weeks ago. While
    it was fun to


    learn I

    Quoted message said:

    have decreased a size, I didn't buy anything other than
    that pair of


    capris. The

    Quoted message said:

    current jeans are not unnacceptably baggy - they are comfy
    ... and they


    are jeans.

    Quoted message said:

    I can continue to get by with what I have. I'll have to
    dig through the


    summer

    Quoted message said:

    t's soon though - not sure what I have from last year.
    Shorts should be


    fine.

    Quoted message said:


    Joyce

    On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:51:25 -0700, Fred
    <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    I have to presume that it is an UP?

    The food sounds good including the salt!

    My jeans also seem more roomy even with the weight
    variations. I was thinking of hitting Costco and check on
    the next size down but maybe I should not jump the gun.

    Joyce said:

    ARGHHHHHHHHH! 132.4 this morning ... tom again, already,
    whatever.


    Need I say

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    more? I swear my body has now decided to go totally
    wacko on me. <g>


    Other than

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    that, and possibly two days of eating some fantastic
    jambalaya (which


    was rather

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    salty) no reasonable explanation.

    On the plus side ... my jeans are feeling incredibly
    baggy. LOL

    Joyce


  7. I would like my danger zone to hold me better below 160. The
    clothes, though, feel fine.

    Joyce said:

    Yup, an up ... think 2 pounds or close to it. This week has
    been back down. I panic for some reason when over 130 ...
    yet I know my *danger zone* is 135 - when I really kick
    things in gear. I think I need to focus more on that 135.
    Or maybe not. Focusing on that 130 seems to keep me more in
    control of things - even though I know I swing up and down
    from there (more up than down).

    I did check my jean sizes when out a few weeks ago. While
    it was fun to learn I have decreased a size, I didn't buy
    anything other than that pair of capris. The current jeans
    are not unnacceptably baggy - they are comfy ... and they
    are jeans. I can continue to get by with what I have. I'll
    have to dig through the summer t's soon though - not sure
    what I have from last year. Shorts should be fine.

    Joyce

    Fred said:

    I have to presume that it is an UP?

    The food sounds good including the salt!

    My jeans also seem more roomy even with the weight
    variations. I was thinking of hitting Costco and check on
    the next size down but maybe I should not jump the gun.

    Joyce said:

    ARGHHHHHHHHH! 132.4 this morning ... tom again, already,
    whatever. Need I say more? I swear my body has now
    decided to go totally wacko on me. <g> Other than that,
    and possibly two days of eating some fantastic jambalaya
    (which was rather salty) no reasonable explanation.

    On the plus side ... my jeans are feeling incredibly
    baggy. LOL

    Joyce


  8. SAME HERE!

    Lesanne said:

    I panic when I get into the one sixers. Know just what
    you mean.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Yup, an up ... think 2 pounds or close to it. This week
    has been back


    down. I

    Quoted message said:

    panic for some reason when over 130 ... yet I know my
    *danger zone* is


    135 - when

    Quoted message said:

    I really kick things in gear. I think I need to focus
    more on that 135.


    Or maybe

    Quoted message said:

    not. Focusing on that 130 seems to keep me more in
    control of things -


    even

    Quoted message said:

    though I know I swing up and down from there (more up
    than down).

    I did check my jean sizes when out a few weeks ago. While
    it was fun to


    learn I

    Quoted message said:

    have decreased a size, I didn't buy anything other than
    that pair of


    capris. The

    Quoted message said:

    current jeans are not unnacceptably baggy - they are
    comfy ... and they


    are jeans.

    Quoted message said:

    I can continue to get by with what I have. I'll have to
    dig through the


    summer

    Quoted message said:

    t's soon though - not sure what I have from last year.
    Shorts should be


    fine.

    Quoted message said:


    Joyce

    On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:51:25 -0700, Fred
    <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    I have to presume that it is an UP?

    The food sounds good including the salt!

    My jeans also seem more roomy even with the weight
    variations. I was thinking of hitting Costco and
    check on the next size down but maybe I should not
    jump the gun.

    On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 09:23:28 -0500, Joyce
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >ARGHHHHHHHHH! 132.4 this morning ... tom again,
    >already, whatever.


    Need I say

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >more? I swear my body has now decided to go totally
    >wacko on me. <g>


    Other than

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >that, and possibly two days of eating some fantastic
    >jambalaya (which


    was rather

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >salty) no reasonable explanation.
    >
    >On the plus side ... my jeans are feeling incredibly
    >baggy. LOL
    >
    >Joyce
    >


  9. I so relate... Lee
    Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Or more often than once each four weeks, since the body
    seems to be


    playing games

    Quoted message said:

    on me. <grin>

    Joyce

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 07:54:08 -0500, "Miss Violette"


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    great attitude, I think there should be a tom allowance
    given once each


    four

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    weeks, Lee Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    ARGHHHHHHHHH! 132.4 this morning ... tom again,
    already, whatever.


    Need

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I say

    Quoted message said:

    more? I swear my body has now decided to go totally
    wacko on me. <g>


    Other than

    Quoted message said:

    that, and possibly two days of eating some fantastic
    jambalaya (which


    was

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    rather

    Quoted message said:

    salty) no reasonable explanation.

    On the plus side ... my jeans are feeling incredibly
    baggy. LOL

    Joyce

  10. I love the it. flavor and just ate some primaverra this morning. Fetta
    cheese is later this week, i have to try everything as there is a chicago
    trip at the end of the month, Lee
    Joyce <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Certainly - then I'm headed off to bed and hope to catch
    up on the rest of


    my

    Quoted message said:

    backed up messages sometime soon. <grin>

    I buy the skinless chicken sausages at Trader Joe's.
    They come in


    packages of 5

    Quoted message said:

    links - in the refrigerated section near the deli
    meats/salsa. There are


    several

    Quoted message said:

    different flavors available. I used the sundried tomato in
    this recipe,


    only

    Quoted message said:

    because it was what I had in my freezer ... there is also
    an italian


    sausage

    Quoted message said:

    flavor that is very good.

    A few notes on what changes I made to the recipe:

    Original recipe called for 2T butter - I used light butter
    and reduced it


    to 1T,

    Quoted message said:

    probably could do as well with margarine.

    The original recipe called for raw shrimp - I used frozen
    pre-cooked and


    cleaned

    Quoted message said:

    (thawed and removed the tails), added it at the tail end
    of cooking just


    to heat

    Quoted message said:

    it through without shrinking it. If using raw, add it in
    the third step,


    with the

    Quoted message said:

    can of tomatoes, etc.

    The squash wasn't in the original recipe - I threw it in
    because I had


    some that

    Quoted message said:

    needed to be used up. You can really add any vegetables
    you desire!

    I do think the rice could be cut back to 1 cup - I used 1
    1/8 and it was


    wonderful

    Quoted message said:

    though ... thick like a casserole, not liquidy like soup.
    If you want it


    more

    Quoted message said:

    liquidy, then maybe do not drain the liquid from the
    second can of


    tomatoes? The

    Quoted message said:

    original recipe also did NOT call for the second can of
    diced tomatoes.


    We love

    Quoted message said:

    tomatoes, so decided to throw extra in.

    Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! And be prepared - it
    made a ton! I


    used a

    Quoted message said:

    super large non-stick skillet to prepare this (maybe 14 or
    16"๐Ÿ˜‰ and it


    filled the

    Quoted message said:

    pan. If you don't have one that big, you might want to use
    a dutch oven.


    <grin>

    Quoted message said:


    Joyce

    Jambalaya

    12 ounces chicken sausage 1 tablespoon light butter 1
    cup onion -- diced 1 cup green pepper -- diced
    1/2 cup celery -- sliced thin 1 1/2 cups yellow
    squash -- diced 2 cans (14 ounce) diced tomatoes --
    seperated 14 ounces low sodium/fat free chicken
    broth 1 1/8 cups long-grain white rice 3 cloves
    garlic -- minced 2 tablespoons parsley 2 each bay
    leaves, whole 1 teaspoon thyme 1 teaspoon basil
    1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground clove
    1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
    1/2 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 cup green onion -- sliced thin 1 1/2 pounds
    frozen cooked shrimp (3oz cooked) -- thawed

    In large nonstick skillet on low heat, brown sausage in
    butter for a few


    minutes.

    Quoted message said:


    Add onion, green pepper, celery and squash. Saute slowly
    until vegetables


    are

    Quoted message said:

    tender.

    Add 1 can of diced tomatoes with liquid, chicken broth,
    rice, garlic and


    spices.

    Quoted message said:

    Heat to boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25-30
    minutes or until


    rice is

    Quoted message said:

    tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir occassionally.

    During last few minutes of cooking, add green onion, 1 can
    diced tomatoes


    that

    Quoted message said:

    have had the liquid drained and cooked shrimp; cover and
    continue heating. Do not overcook shrimp ... turn heat off
    after 2 or 3 minutes and allow


    shrimp to

    Quoted message said:

    continue heating in covered pan for a few minutes.

    - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - -

    Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 381 Calories; 7g
    Fat (16.2%


    calories from

    Quoted message said:

    fat); 38g Protein; 43g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber;
    267mg Cholesterol;


    971mg

    Quoted message said:

    Sodium.

    skiur said:

    Sounds delic. Care to share it? DH loves that stuff and
    last week was jambalaya week in the cafeteria. He only
    had it twice last week and was sulking.

    I've yet to find skinless chicken sausage though-not that
    i've looked either.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Oh yea, I had counted on that ahead of time. This week
    seemed to be


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    week for

    Quoted message said:

    trying new recipes - all with more sodium than usually
    consumed. We


    tried

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    a

    Quoted message said:

    homemade chicken pasta carbonara - which was pretty
    good but not overly


    worth the

    Quoted message said:

    effort. The jambalaya will definitely be a repeater
    though - even with


    the sodium

    Quoted message said:

    content. It was my first attempt, and everyone loved
    it. A little


    point

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    heavy

    Quoted message said:

    (7.5), but not overly bad and the portion size was
    huge. What amazed


    me

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    was the

    Quoted message said:

    original recipe claimed 6 servings, but called for a
    full pound of


    smoked

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    sausage,

    Quoted message said:

    3 pounds (yes three) of shrimp and 1.5 cups of uncooked
    rice. I looked


    at

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    it

    Quoted message said:

    several times and thought that sounded like an
    incredible amount of


    food.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I think

    Quoted message said:

    it also worked out to something like 1200 calories per
    serving. LOL I


    revamped

    Quoted message said:

    the recipe with great results - added more veggies to
    it, cut the


    shrimp

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    down to

    Quoted message said:

    1.5 pounds, and used 12 ounces of skinless chicken
    sausage, cut the


    rice

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    back to 1

    Quoted message said:

    1/8 cup (will cut it back further to 1 cup next time).
    It still made a


    huge

    Quoted message said:

    skillet full, and hub and I finished it for dinner last
    nite ... but MY


    version

    Quoted message said:

    worked out to 381 calories per serving. Served with
    more veggies on


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    side, and

    Quoted message said:

    a salad. We were definitely stuffed.

    Joyce

    On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 17:32:59 -0500, "skiur"
    <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    >I'd say the salt in the jambalaya. Hang in there.
    >
    >Julie "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >> ARGHHHHHHHHH! 132.4 this morning ... tom again,
    >> already, whatever.


    Need

    Quoted message said:

    >I say
    >> more? I swear my body has now decided to go totally
    >> wacko on me.


    <g>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >Other than
    >> that, and possibly two days of eating some fantastic
    >> jambalaya


    (which

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    was

    Quoted message said:

    >rather
    >> salty) no reasonable explanation.
    >>
    >> On the plus side ... my jeans are feeling incredibly
    >> baggy. LOL
    >>
    >> Joyce
    >>
    >>
    >

  11. Hmmmmm, maybe I should focus on 132.5 and split the
    difference? By looking at that 130 I tend to frustrate
    myself, as my weight is usually between 129 and 132 ... more
    often towards the higher number. And dietpower does me in
    when I go over the 130 (that's what I have set as my *goal*)
    - drops my budget, metabollic rate, all kinds of goofy
    things even when over only by half a pound. This tends to
    put me in panic mode. Will it stop yelling at me if I raise
    that goal ... or maybe make the goal date more like a year
    from now, instead of a week from now? <g>

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    I panic when I get into the one sixers. Know just what
    you mean.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Yup, an up ... think 2 pounds or close to it. This week
    has been back


    down. I

    Quoted message said:

    panic for some reason when over 130 ... yet I know my
    *danger zone* is


    135 - when

    Quoted message said:

    I really kick things in gear. I think I need to focus
    more on that 135.


    Or maybe

    Quoted message said:

    not. Focusing on that 130 seems to keep me more in
    control of things -


    even

    Quoted message said:

    though I know I swing up and down from there (more up
    than down).

    I did check my jean sizes when out a few weeks ago. While
    it was fun to


    learn I

    Quoted message said:

    have decreased a size, I didn't buy anything other than
    that pair of


    capris. The

    Quoted message said:

    current jeans are not unnacceptably baggy - they are
    comfy ... and they


    are jeans.

    Quoted message said:

    I can continue to get by with what I have. I'll have to
    dig through the


    summer

    Quoted message said:

    t's soon though - not sure what I have from last year.
    Shorts should be


    fine.

    Quoted message said:


    Joyce

    On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:51:25 -0700, Fred
    <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    I have to presume that it is an UP?

    The food sounds good including the salt!

    My jeans also seem more roomy even with the weight
    variations. I was thinking of hitting Costco and
    check on the next size down but maybe I should not
    jump the gun.

    On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 09:23:28 -0500, Joyce
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >ARGHHHHHHHHH! 132.4 this morning ... tom again,
    >already, whatever.


    Need I say

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >more? I swear my body has now decided to go totally
    >wacko on me. <g>


    Other than

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >that, and possibly two days of eating some fantastic
    >jambalaya (which


    was rather

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >salty) no reasonable explanation.
    >
    >On the plus side ... my jeans are feeling incredibly
    >baggy. LOL
    >
    >Joyce
    >


  12. By all means make your goal date a year away, it will end up
    very very accurate that way because it will stop trying to
    get you someplace too quick.

    I really freak when I am in the one sixes, but what I
    really don't want to be over is 161 since that would make
    me pay now... ๐Ÿ™

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hmmmmm, maybe I should focus on 132.5 and split the
    difference? By


    looking at

    Quoted message said:

    that 130 I tend to frustrate myself, as my weight is
    usually between 129


    and 132

    Quoted message said:

    ... more often towards the higher number. And dietpower
    does me in when I


    go over

    Quoted message said:

    the 130 (that's what I have set as my *goal*) - drops
    my budget,


    metabollic rate,

    Quoted message said:

    all kinds of goofy things even when over only by half a
    pound. This tends


    to put

    Quoted message said:

    me in panic mode. Will it stop yelling at me if I raise
    that goal ... or


    maybe

    Quoted message said:

    make the goal date more like a year from now, instead of a
    week from now?


    <g>

    Quoted message said:


    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    I panic when I get into the one sixers. Know just what
    you mean.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Yup, an up ... think 2 pounds or close to it. This week
    has been back


    down. I

    Quoted message said:

    panic for some reason when over 130 ... yet I know my
    *danger zone* is


    135 - when

    Quoted message said:

    I really kick things in gear. I think I need to focus
    more on that


    135.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Or maybe

    Quoted message said:

    not. Focusing on that 130 seems to keep me more in
    control of things -


    even

    Quoted message said:

    though I know I swing up and down from there (more up
    than down).

    I did check my jean sizes when out a few weeks ago.
    While it was fun


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    learn I

    Quoted message said:

    have decreased a size, I didn't buy anything other than
    that pair of


    capris. The

    Quoted message said:

    current jeans are not unnacceptably baggy - they are
    comfy ... and they


    are jeans.

    Quoted message said:

    I can continue to get by with what I have. I'll have to
    dig through


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    summer

    Quoted message said:

    t's soon though - not sure what I have from last year.
    Shorts should


    be

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    fine.

    Quoted message said:


    Joyce

    On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:51:25 -0700, Fred
    <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:


    >I have to presume that it is an UP?
    >
    >The food sounds good including the salt!
    >
    >My jeans also seem more roomy even with the weight
    >variations. I was thinking of hitting Costco and check
    >on the next size down but maybe I should not jump the
    >gun.
    >
    >On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 09:23:28 -0500, Joyce
    ><[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >>ARGHHHHHHHHH! 132.4 this morning ... tom again,
    >>already, whatever.


    Need I say

    Quoted message said:

    >>more? I swear my body has now decided to go totally
    >>wacko on me. <g>


    Other than

    Quoted message said:

    >>that, and possibly two days of eating some fantastic
    >>jambalaya (which


    was rather

    Quoted message said:

    >>salty) no reasonable explanation.
    >>
    >>On the plus side ... my jeans are feeling incredibly
    >>baggy. LOL
    >>
    >>Joyce
    >>

  13. Thanks! Sounds great.

    Julie "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Certainly - then I'm headed off to bed and hope to catch
    up on the rest of


    my

    Quoted message said:

    backed up messages sometime soon. <grin>

    I buy the skinless chicken sausages at Trader Joe's.
    They come in


    packages of 5

    Quoted message said:

    links - in the refrigerated section near the deli
    meats/salsa. There are


    several

    Quoted message said:

    different flavors available. I used the sundried tomato in
    this recipe,


    only

    Quoted message said:

    because it was what I had in my freezer ... there is also
    an italian


    sausage

    Quoted message said:

    flavor that is very good.

    A few notes on what changes I made to the recipe:

    Original recipe called for 2T butter - I used light butter
    and reduced it


    to 1T,

    Quoted message said:

    probably could do as well with margarine.

    The original recipe called for raw shrimp - I used frozen
    pre-cooked and


    cleaned

    Quoted message said:

    (thawed and removed the tails), added it at the tail end
    of cooking just


    to heat

    Quoted message said:

    it through without shrinking it. If using raw, add it in
    the third step,


    with the

    Quoted message said:

    can of tomatoes, etc.

    The squash wasn't in the original recipe - I threw it in
    because I had


    some that

    Quoted message said:

    needed to be used up. You can really add any vegetables
    you desire!

    I do think the rice could be cut back to 1 cup - I used 1
    1/8 and it was


    wonderful

    Quoted message said:

    though ... thick like a casserole, not liquidy like soup.
    If you want it


    more

    Quoted message said:

    liquidy, then maybe do not drain the liquid from the
    second can of


    tomatoes? The

    Quoted message said:

    original recipe also did NOT call for the second can of
    diced tomatoes.


    We love

    Quoted message said:

    tomatoes, so decided to throw extra in.

    Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! And be prepared - it
    made a ton! I


    used a

    Quoted message said:

    super large non-stick skillet to prepare this (maybe 14 or
    16"๐Ÿ˜‰ and it


    filled the

    Quoted message said:

    pan. If you don't have one that big, you might want to use
    a dutch oven.


    <grin>

    Quoted message said:


    Joyce

    Jambalaya

    12 ounces chicken sausage 1 tablespoon light butter 1
    cup onion -- diced 1 cup green pepper -- diced
    1/2 cup celery -- sliced thin 1 1/2 cups yellow
    squash -- diced 2 cans (14 ounce) diced tomatoes --
    seperated 14 ounces low sodium/fat free chicken
    broth 1 1/8 cups long-grain white rice 3 cloves
    garlic -- minced 2 tablespoons parsley 2 each bay
    leaves, whole 1 teaspoon thyme 1 teaspoon basil
    1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground clove
    1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
    1/2 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 cup green onion -- sliced thin 1 1/2 pounds
    frozen cooked shrimp (3oz cooked) -- thawed

    In large nonstick skillet on low heat, brown sausage in
    butter for a few


    minutes.

    Quoted message said:


    Add onion, green pepper, celery and squash. Saute slowly
    until vegetables


    are

    Quoted message said:

    tender.

    Add 1 can of diced tomatoes with liquid, chicken broth,
    rice, garlic and


    spices.

    Quoted message said:

    Heat to boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25-30
    minutes or until


    rice is

    Quoted message said:

    tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir occassionally.

    During last few minutes of cooking, add green onion, 1 can
    diced tomatoes


    that

    Quoted message said:

    have had the liquid drained and cooked shrimp; cover and
    continue heating. Do not overcook shrimp ... turn heat off
    after 2 or 3 minutes and allow


    shrimp to

    Quoted message said:

    continue heating in covered pan for a few minutes.

    - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - -

    Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 381 Calories; 7g
    Fat (16.2%


    calories from

    Quoted message said:

    fat); 38g Protein; 43g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber;
    267mg Cholesterol;


    971mg

    Quoted message said:

    Sodium.

    skiur said:

    Sounds delic. Care to share it? DH loves that stuff and
    last week was jambalaya week in the cafeteria. He only
    had it twice last week and was sulking.

    I've yet to find skinless chicken sausage though-not that
    i've looked either.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Oh yea, I had counted on that ahead of time. This week
    seemed to be


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    week for

    Quoted message said:

    trying new recipes - all with more sodium than usually
    consumed. We


    tried

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    a

    Quoted message said:

    homemade chicken pasta carbonara - which was pretty
    good but not overly


    worth the

    Quoted message said:

    effort. The jambalaya will definitely be a repeater
    though - even with


    the sodium

    Quoted message said:

    content. It was my first attempt, and everyone loved
    it. A little


    point

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    heavy

    Quoted message said:

    (7.5), but not overly bad and the portion size was
    huge. What amazed


    me

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    was the

    Quoted message said:

    original recipe claimed 6 servings, but called for a
    full pound of


    smoked

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    sausage,

    Quoted message said:

    3 pounds (yes three) of shrimp and 1.5 cups of uncooked
    rice. I looked


    at

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    it

    Quoted message said:

    several times and thought that sounded like an
    incredible amount of


    food.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I think

    Quoted message said:

    it also worked out to something like 1200 calories per
    serving. LOL I


    revamped

    Quoted message said:

    the recipe with great results - added more veggies to
    it, cut the


    shrimp

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    down to

    Quoted message said:

    1.5 pounds, and used 12 ounces of skinless chicken
    sausage, cut the


    rice

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    back to 1

    Quoted message said:

    1/8 cup (will cut it back further to 1 cup next time).
    It still made a


    huge

    Quoted message said:

    skillet full, and hub and I finished it for dinner last
    nite ... but MY


    version

    Quoted message said:

    worked out to 381 calories per serving. Served with
    more veggies on


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    side, and

    Quoted message said:

    a salad. We were definitely stuffed.

    Joyce

    On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 17:32:59 -0500, "skiur"
    <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    >I'd say the salt in the jambalaya. Hang in there.
    >
    >Julie "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >> ARGHHHHHHHHH! 132.4 this morning ... tom again,
    >> already, whatever.


    Need

    Quoted message said:

    >I say
    >> more? I swear my body has now decided to go totally
    >> wacko on me.


    <g>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >Other than
    >> that, and possibly two days of eating some fantastic
    >> jambalaya


    (which

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    was

    Quoted message said:

    >rather
    >> salty) no reasonable explanation.
    >>
    >> On the plus side ... my jeans are feeling incredibly
    >> baggy. LOL
    >>
    >> Joyce
    >>
    >>
    >

  14. Remember the fallback - you only have to wi once a month
    even if you attend a meeting you can skip the wi. But then
    again, you have great incentive.

    Lesanne said:

    By all means make your goal date a year away, it will end
    up very very accurate that way because it will stop trying
    to get you someplace too quick.

    I really freak when I am in the one sixes, but what I
    really don't want to be over is 161 since that would make
    me pay now... ๐Ÿ™

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hmmmmm, maybe I should focus on 132.5 and split the
    difference? By


    looking at

    Quoted message said:

    that 130 I tend to frustrate myself, as my weight is
    usually between 129


    and 132

    Quoted message said:

    ... more often towards the higher number. And dietpower
    does me in when I


    go over

    Quoted message said:

    the 130 (that's what I have set as my *goal*) - drops my
    budget,


    metabollic rate,

    Quoted message said:

    all kinds of goofy things even when over only by half a
    pound. This tends


    to put

    Quoted message said:

    me in panic mode. Will it stop yelling at me if I raise
    that goal ... or


    maybe

    Quoted message said:

    make the goal date more like a year from now, instead of
    a week from now?


    <g>

    Quoted message said:


    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    I panic when I get into the one sixers. Know just what
    you mean.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > Yup, an up ... think 2 pounds or close to it. This
    > week has been back
    down. I
    > panic for some reason when over 130 ... yet I know my
    > *danger zone* is
    135 - when
    > I really kick things in gear. I think I need to focus
    > more on that


    135.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Or maybe
    > not. Focusing on that 130 seems to keep me more in
    > control of things -
    even
    > though I know I swing up and down from there (more up
    > than down).
    >
    > I did check my jean sizes when out a few weeks ago.
    > While it was fun


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    learn I
    > have decreased a size, I didn't buy anything other
    > than that pair of
    capris. The
    > current jeans are not unnacceptably baggy - they are
    > comfy ... and they
    are jeans.
    > I can continue to get by with what I have. I'll have
    > to dig through


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    summer
    > t's soon though - not sure what I have from last year.
    > Shorts should


    be

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    fine.
    >
    > Joyce
    >
    > On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:51:25 -0700, Fred
    > <[email hidden]>
    wrote:
    >
    > >I have to presume that it is an UP?
    > >
    > >The food sounds good including the salt!
    > >
    > >My jeans also seem more roomy even with the weight
    > >variations. I was thinking of hitting Costco and
    > >check on the next size down but maybe I should not
    > >jump the gun.
    > >
    > >On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 09:23:28 -0500, Joyce
    > ><[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >
    > >>ARGHHHHHHHHH! 132.4 this morning ... tom again,
    > >>already, whatever.
    Need I say
    > >>more? I swear my body has now decided to go totally
    > >>wacko on me. <g>
    Other than
    > >>that, and possibly two days of eating some fantastic
    > >>jambalaya (which
    was rather
    > >>salty) no reasonable explanation.
    > >>
    > >>On the plus side ... my jeans are feeling incredibly
    > >>baggy. LOL
    > >>
    > >>Joyce
    > >>
    >


  15. Yes. I do enjoy going to meetings, and I frequently used to
    go and just sit in on the meeting without weighing. Lately
    things at home have been kind of scary, so it is not as easy
    to go. I have to haul Mom with.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Remember the fallback - you only have to wi once a month
    even if you attend a meeting you can skip the wi. But then
    again, you have great incentive.

    Lesanne said:

    By all means make your goal date a year away, it will end
    up very very accurate that way because it will stop
    trying to get you someplace too quick.

    I really freak when I am in the one sixes, but what I
    really don't want


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    be over is 161 since that would make me pay now... ๐Ÿ™

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hmmmmm, maybe I should focus on 132.5 and split the
    difference? By


    looking at

    Quoted message said:

    that 130 I tend to frustrate myself, as my weight is
    usually between


    129

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and 132

    Quoted message said:

    ... more often towards the higher number. And dietpower
    does me in


    when I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    go over

    Quoted message said:

    the 130 (that's what I have set as my *goal*) - drops
    my budget,


    metabollic rate,

    Quoted message said:

    all kinds of goofy things even when over only by half a
    pound. This


    tends

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to put

    Quoted message said:

    me in panic mode. Will it stop yelling at me if I raise
    that goal ...


    or

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    maybe

    Quoted message said:

    make the goal date more like a year from now, instead
    of a week from


    now?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    <g>

    Quoted message said:


    Joyce

    On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:49:42 GMT, "Lesanne"
    <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    >I panic when I get into the one sixers. Know just what
    >you mean.
    >
    >"Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >> Yup, an up ... think 2 pounds or close to it. This
    >> week has been


    back

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >down. I
    >> panic for some reason when over 130 ... yet I know
    >> my *danger zone*


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >135 - when
    >> I really kick things in gear. I think I need to
    >> focus more on that


    135.

    Quoted message said:

    >Or maybe
    >> not. Focusing on that 130 seems to keep me more in
    >> control of


    things -

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >even
    >> though I know I swing up and down from there (more
    >> up than down).
    >>
    >> I did check my jean sizes when out a few weeks ago.
    >> While it was


    fun

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to

    Quoted message said:

    >learn I
    >> have decreased a size, I didn't buy anything other
    >> than that pair of
    >capris. The
    >> current jeans are not unnacceptably baggy - they are
    >> comfy ... and


    they

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >are jeans.
    >> I can continue to get by with what I have. I'll have
    >> to dig through


    the

    Quoted message said:

    >summer
    >> t's soon though - not sure what I have from last
    >> year. Shorts


    should

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    be

    Quoted message said:

    >fine.
    >>
    >> Joyce
    >>
    >> On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:51:25 -0700, Fred
    >> <[email hidden]>
    >wrote:
    >>
    >> >I have to presume that it is an UP?
    >> >
    >> >The food sounds good including the salt!
    >> >
    >> >My jeans also seem more roomy even with the weight
    >> >variations. I


    was

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >thinking of hitting Costco and check on the next
    >> >size down but


    maybe I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >should not jump the gun.
    >> >
    >> >On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 09:23:28 -0500, Joyce
    >> ><[email hidden]> wrote:
    >> >
    >> >>ARGHHHHHHHHH! 132.4 this morning ... tom again,
    >> >>already,


    whatever.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >Need I say
    >> >>more? I swear my body has now decided to go
    >> >>totally wacko on me.


    <g>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >Other than
    >> >>that, and possibly two days of eating some
    >> >>fantastic jambalaya


    (which

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >was rather
    >> >>salty) no reasonable explanation.
    >> >>
    >> >>On the plus side ... my jeans are feeling
    >> >>incredibly baggy. LOL
    >> >>
    >> >>Joyce
    >> >>
    >>
    >

  16. Sorry to hear that things are not going well at home.
    Just as long as you can handle it on your own - more
    strength to you.

    Meetings are a mixed bag. Some weeks are better than others.
    But they keep me accountable and at the moment, that is a
    (martha stewart, here) Good Thing. And as long as I go, I
    get an official/accurate WI. But if I think I'm over I think
    I would save the money but then again, maybe I would face
    the 'music' and that might get me on track. So far,
    thankfully, I'm still handling Maintenance with the hover.

    Lesanne said:

    Yes. I do enjoy going to meetings, and I frequently used to
    go and just sit in on the meeting without weighing. Lately
    things at home have been kind of scary, so it is not as
    easy to go. I have to haul Mom with.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Remember the fallback - you only have to wi once a month
    even if you attend a meeting you can skip the wi. But
    then again, you have great incentive.

    Lesanne said:

    By all means make your goal date a year away, it will
    end up very very accurate that way because it will stop
    trying to get you someplace too quick.

    I really freak when I am in the one sixes, but what I
    really don't want


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    be over is 161 since that would make me pay now... ๐Ÿ™

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > Hmmmmm, maybe I should focus on 132.5 and split the
    > difference? By
    looking at
    > that 130 I tend to frustrate myself, as my weight is
    > usually between


    129

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and 132
    > ... more often towards the higher number. And
    > dietpower does me in


    when I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    go over
    > the 130 (that's what I have set as my *goal*) - drops
    > my budget,
    metabollic rate,
    > all kinds of goofy things even when over only by half
    > a pound. This


    tends

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to put
    > me in panic mode. Will it stop yelling at me if I
    > raise that goal ...


    or

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    maybe
    > make the goal date more like a year from now, instead
    > of a week from


    now?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    <g>
    >
    > Joyce
    >
    > On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:49:42 GMT, "Lesanne"
    > <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >
    > >I panic when I get into the one sixers. Know just
    > >what you mean.
    > >
    > >"Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> Yup, an up ... think 2 pounds or close to it. This
    > >> week has been


    back

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >down. I
    > >> panic for some reason when over 130 ... yet I know
    > >> my *danger zone*


    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >135 - when
    > >> I really kick things in gear. I think I need to
    > >> focus more on that
    135.
    > >Or maybe
    > >> not. Focusing on that 130 seems to keep me more in
    > >> control of


    things -

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >even
    > >> though I know I swing up and down from there (more
    > >> up than down).
    > >>
    > >> I did check my jean sizes when out a few weeks ago.
    > >> While it was


    fun

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to
    > >learn I
    > >> have decreased a size, I didn't buy anything other
    > >> than that pair of
    > >capris. The
    > >> current jeans are not unnacceptably baggy - they
    > >> are comfy ... and


    they

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >are jeans.
    > >> I can continue to get by with what I have. I'll
    > >> have to dig through
    the
    > >summer
    > >> t's soon though - not sure what I have from last
    > >> year. Shorts


    should

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    be
    > >fine.
    > >>
    > >> Joyce
    > >>
    > >> On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:51:25 -0700, Fred
    > >> <[email hidden]>
    > >wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >I have to presume that it is an UP?
    > >> >
    > >> >The food sounds good including the salt!
    > >> >
    > >> >My jeans also seem more roomy even with the weight
    > >> >variations. I


    was

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >thinking of hitting Costco and check on the next
    > >> >size down but


    maybe I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >should not jump the gun.
    > >> >
    > >> >On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 09:23:28 -0500, Joyce
    > >> ><[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >> >
    > >> >>ARGHHHHHHHHH! 132.4 this morning ... tom again,
    > >> >>already,


    whatever.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >Need I say
    > >> >>more? I swear my body has now decided to go
    > >> >>totally wacko on me.


    <g>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >Other than
    > >> >>that, and possibly two days of eating some
    > >> >>fantastic jambalaya


    (which

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >was rather
    > >> >>salty) no reasonable explanation.
    > >> >>
    > >> >>On the plus side ... my jeans are feeling
    > >> >>incredibly baggy. LOL
    > >> >>
    > >> >>Joyce
    > >> >>
    > >>
    > >
    >


  17. sorry about your mom. Lee
    Lesanne <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Yes. I do enjoy going to meetings, and I frequently used
    to go and just


    sit

    Quoted message said:

    in on the meeting without weighing. Lately things at home
    have been kind


    of

    Quoted message said:

    scary, so it is not as easy to go. I have to haul
    Mom with.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Remember the fallback - you only have to wi once a month
    even if you attend a meeting you can skip the wi. But
    then again, you have great incentive.

    Lesanne said:

    By all means make your goal date a year away, it will
    end up very very accurate that way because it will stop
    trying to get you someplace too quick.

    I really freak when I am in the one sixes, but what I
    really don't want


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    be over is 161 since that would make me pay now... ๐Ÿ™

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > Hmmmmm, maybe I should focus on 132.5 and split the
    > difference? By
    looking at
    > that 130 I tend to frustrate myself, as my weight is
    > usually between


    129

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and 132
    > ... more often towards the higher number. And
    > dietpower does me in


    when I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    go over
    > the 130 (that's what I have set as my *goal*) - drops
    > my budget,
    metabollic rate,
    > all kinds of goofy things even when over only by half
    > a pound. This


    tends

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to put
    > me in panic mode. Will it stop yelling at me if I
    > raise that goal


    ...

    Quoted message said:

    or

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    maybe
    > make the goal date more like a year from now, instead
    > of a week from


    now?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    <g>
    >
    > Joyce
    >
    > On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:49:42 GMT, "Lesanne"
    > <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >
    > >I panic when I get into the one sixers. Know just
    > >what you mean.
    > >
    > >"Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> Yup, an up ... think 2 pounds or close to it. This
    > >> week has been


    back

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >down. I
    > >> panic for some reason when over 130 ... yet I know
    > >> my *danger


    zone*

    Quoted message said:

    is

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >135 - when
    > >> I really kick things in gear. I think I need to
    > >> focus more on


    that

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    135.
    > >Or maybe
    > >> not. Focusing on that 130 seems to keep me more in
    > >> control of


    things -

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >even
    > >> though I know I swing up and down from there (more
    > >> up than down).
    > >>
    > >> I did check my jean sizes when out a few weeks
    > >> ago. While it was


    fun

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to
    > >learn I
    > >> have decreased a size, I didn't buy anything other
    > >> than that pair


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >capris. The
    > >> current jeans are not unnacceptably baggy - they
    > >> are comfy ... and


    they

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >are jeans.
    > >> I can continue to get by with what I have. I'll
    > >> have to dig


    through

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the
    > >summer
    > >> t's soon though - not sure what I have from last
    > >> year. Shorts


    should

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    be
    > >fine.
    > >>
    > >> Joyce
    > >>
    > >> On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:51:25 -0700, Fred


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >I have to presume that it is an UP?
    > >> >
    > >> >The food sounds good including the salt!
    > >> >
    > >> >My jeans also seem more roomy even with the
    > >> >weight variations. I


    was

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >thinking of hitting Costco and check on the next
    > >> >size down but


    maybe I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >should not jump the gun.
    > >> >
    > >> >On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 09:23:28 -0500, Joyce
    > >> ><[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >> >
    > >> >>ARGHHHHHHHHH! 132.4 this morning ... tom again,
    > >> >>already,


    whatever.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >Need I say
    > >> >>more? I swear my body has now decided to go
    > >> >>totally wacko on


    me.

    Quoted message said:

    <g>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >Other than
    > >> >>that, and possibly two days of eating some
    > >> >>fantastic jambalaya


    (which

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >was rather
    > >> >>salty) no reasonable explanation.
    > >> >>
    > >> >>On the plus side ... my jeans are feeling
    > >> >>incredibly baggy. LOL
    > >> >>
    > >> >>Joyce
    > >> >>
    > >>
    > >
    >


  18. I think I am going to come in around 158 or 159 in the
    morning, based upon the last few days, and that is A-Okay.
    Things are hard at home, but I am getting ready to start
    work on an online MSN program that will keep me feeling more
    myself I think. Now that I am not totally involved in the
    weight issue for hours a day, I found I was kind of lost,
    then discovered this program and it sounds interesting, so
    Ya... Back to school, this time online.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Sorry to hear that things are not going well at home.
    Just as long as you can handle it on your own - more
    strength to you.

    Meetings are a mixed bag. Some weeks are better than
    others. But they keep me accountable and at the moment,
    that is a (martha stewart, here) Good Thing. And as long
    as I go, I get an official/accurate WI. But if I think I'm
    over I think I would save the money but then again, maybe
    I would face the 'music' and that might get me on track.
    So far, thankfully, I'm still handling Maintenance with
    the hover.

    Lesanne said:

    Yes. I do enjoy going to meetings, and I frequently used
    to go and just


    sit

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    in on the meeting without weighing. Lately things at home
    have been kind


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    scary, so it is not as easy to go. I have to haul
    Mom with.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Remember the fallback - you only have to wi once a
    month even if you attend a meeting you can skip the wi.
    But then again, you have great incentive.

    On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 01:42:00 GMT, "Lesanne"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >By all means make your goal date a year away, it will
    >end up very very accurate that way because it will
    >stop trying to get you someplace too quick.
    >
    >I really freak when I am in the one sixes, but what I
    >really don't


    want

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to

    Quoted message said:

    >be over is 161 since that would make me pay now... ๐Ÿ™
    >
    >"Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >> Hmmmmm, maybe I should focus on 132.5 and split the
    >> difference? By
    >looking at
    >> that 130 I tend to frustrate myself, as my weight is
    >> usually between


    129

    Quoted message said:

    >and 132
    >> ... more often towards the higher number. And
    >> dietpower does me in


    when I

    Quoted message said:

    >go over
    >> the 130 (that's what I have set as my *goal*) -
    >> drops my budget,
    >metabollic rate,
    >> all kinds of goofy things even when over only by
    >> half a pound. This


    tends

    Quoted message said:

    >to put
    >> me in panic mode. Will it stop yelling at me if I
    >> raise that goal


    ...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    or

    Quoted message said:

    >maybe
    >> make the goal date more like a year from now,
    >> instead of a week from


    now?

    Quoted message said:

    ><g>
    >>
    >> Joyce
    >>
    >> On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:49:42 GMT, "Lesanne"
    >> <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:

    >>
    >> >I panic when I get into the one sixers. Know just
    >> >what you mean.
    >> >
    >> >"Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >> >> Yup, an up ... think 2 pounds or close to it.
    >> >> This week has been


    back

    Quoted message said:

    >> >down. I
    >> >> panic for some reason when over 130 ... yet I
    >> >> know my *danger


    zone*

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    is

    Quoted message said:

    >> >135 - when
    >> >> I really kick things in gear. I think I need to
    >> >> focus more on


    that

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >135.
    >> >Or maybe
    >> >> not. Focusing on that 130 seems to keep me more
    >> >> in control of


    things -

    Quoted message said:

    >> >even
    >> >> though I know I swing up and down from there
    >> >> (more up than down).
    >> >>
    >> >> I did check my jean sizes when out a few weeks
    >> >> ago. While it was


    fun

    Quoted message said:

    >to
    >> >learn I
    >> >> have decreased a size, I didn't buy anything
    >> >> other than that pair


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >capris. The
    >> >> current jeans are not unnacceptably baggy - they
    >> >> are comfy ...


    and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    they

    Quoted message said:

    >> >are jeans.
    >> >> I can continue to get by with what I have. I'll
    >> >> have to dig


    through

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >the
    >> >summer
    >> >> t's soon though - not sure what I have from last
    >> >> year. Shorts


    should

    Quoted message said:

    >be
    >> >fine.
    >> >>
    >> >> Joyce
    >> >>
    >> >> On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:51:25 -0700, Fred


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >wrote:
    >> >>
    >> >> >I have to presume that it is an UP?
    >> >> >
    >> >> >The food sounds good including the salt!
    >> >> >
    >> >> >My jeans also seem more roomy even with the
    >> >> >weight variations.


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    was

    Quoted message said:

    >> >> >thinking of hitting Costco and check on the next
    >> >> >size down but


    maybe I

    Quoted message said:

    >> >> >should not jump the gun.
    >> >> >
    >> >> >On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 09:23:28 -0500, Joyce
    >> >> ><[email hidden]> wrote:
    >> >> >
    >> >> >>ARGHHHHHHHHH! 132.4 this morning ... tom again,
    >> >> >>already,


    whatever.

    Quoted message said:

    >> >Need I say
    >> >> >>more? I swear my body has now decided to go
    >> >> >>totally wacko on


    me.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    <g>

    Quoted message said:

    >> >Other than
    >> >> >>that, and possibly two days of eating some
    >> >> >>fantastic jambalaya


    (which

    Quoted message said:

    >> >was rather
    >> >> >>salty) no reasonable explanation.
    >> >> >>
    >> >> >>On the plus side ... my jeans are feeling
    >> >> >>incredibly baggy.


    LOL

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >> >>
    >> >> >>Joyce
    >> >> >>
    >> >>
    >> >
    >>
    >

  19. MSN has an online education program? Hmmm.

    I need projects, too. And stripping woodwork just is not
    very tempting at the moment. Gardening which this place
    needs is not my thing at all.

    I think you will "win" again this week, I just have this
    feeling. I seemed fully stalled around 160+

    Lesanne said:

    I think I am going to come in around 158 or 159 in the
    morning, based upon the last few days, and that is A-Okay.
    Things are hard at home, but I am getting ready to start
    work on an online MSN program that will keep me feeling
    more myself I think. Now that I am not totally involved in
    the weight issue for hours a day, I found I was kind of
    lost, then discovered this program and it sounds
    interesting, so Ya... Back to school, this time online.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Sorry to hear that things are not going well at home.
    Just as long as you can handle it on your own - more
    strength to you.

    Meetings are a mixed bag. Some weeks are better than
    others. But they keep me accountable and at the moment,
    that is a (martha stewart, here) Good Thing. And as long
    as I go, I get an official/accurate WI. But if I think
    I'm over I think I would save the money but then again,
    maybe I would face the 'music' and that might get me on
    track. So far, thankfully, I'm still handling Maintenance
    with the hover.

    Lesanne said:

    Yes. I do enjoy going to meetings, and I frequently used
    to go and just


    sit

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    in on the meeting without weighing. Lately things at
    home have been kind


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    scary, so it is not as easy to go. I have to haul
    Mom with.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > Remember the fallback - you only have to wi once a
    > month even if you attend a meeting you can skip the
    > wi. But then again, you have great incentive.
    >
    > On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 01:42:00 GMT, "Lesanne"
    > <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >By all means make your goal date a year away, it will
    > >end up very very accurate that way because it will
    > >stop trying to get you someplace too quick.
    > >
    > >I really freak when I am in the one sixes, but what I
    > >really don't


    want

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to
    > >be over is 161 since that would make me pay now... ๐Ÿ™
    > >
    > >"Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> Hmmmmm, maybe I should focus on 132.5 and split the
    > >> difference? By
    > >looking at
    > >> that 130 I tend to frustrate myself, as my weight
    > >> is usually between
    129
    > >and 132
    > >> ... more often towards the higher number. And
    > >> dietpower does me in
    when I
    > >go over
    > >> the 130 (that's what I have set as my *goal*) -
    > >> drops my budget,
    > >metabollic rate,
    > >> all kinds of goofy things even when over only by
    > >> half a pound. This
    tends
    > >to put
    > >> me in panic mode. Will it stop yelling at me if I
    > >> raise that goal


    ...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    or
    > >maybe
    > >> make the goal date more like a year from now,
    > >> instead of a week from
    now?
    > ><g>
    > >>
    > >> Joyce
    > >>
    > >> On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:49:42 GMT, "Lesanne"
    > >> <[email hidden]>
    wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >I panic when I get into the one sixers. Know just
    > >> >what you mean.
    > >> >
    > >> >"Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:8li-
    > >> >[email hidden]...
    > >> >> Yup, an up ... think 2 pounds or close to it.
    > >> >> This week has been
    back
    > >> >down. I
    > >> >> panic for some reason when over 130 ... yet I
    > >> >> know my *danger


    zone*

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    is
    > >> >135 - when
    > >> >> I really kick things in gear. I think I need to
    > >> >> focus more on


    that

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >135.
    > >> >Or maybe
    > >> >> not. Focusing on that 130 seems to keep me more
    > >> >> in control of
    things -
    > >> >even
    > >> >> though I know I swing up and down from there
    > >> >> (more up than down).
    > >> >>
    > >> >> I did check my jean sizes when out a few weeks
    > >> >> ago. While it was
    fun
    > >to
    > >> >learn I
    > >> >> have decreased a size, I didn't buy anything
    > >> >> other than that pair


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >capris. The
    > >> >> current jeans are not unnacceptably baggy - they
    > >> >> are comfy ...


    and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    they
    > >> >are jeans.
    > >> >> I can continue to get by with what I have. I'll
    > >> >> have to dig


    through

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >the
    > >> >summer
    > >> >> t's soon though - not sure what I have from last
    > >> >> year. Shorts
    should
    > >be
    > >> >fine.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Joyce
    > >> >>
    > >> >> On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:51:25 -0700, Fred


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >wrote:
    > >> >>
    > >> >> >I have to presume that it is an UP?
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >The food sounds good including the salt!
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >My jeans also seem more roomy even with the
    > >> >> >weight variations.


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    was
    > >> >> >thinking of hitting Costco and check on the
    > >> >> >next size down but
    maybe I
    > >> >> >should not jump the gun.
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 09:23:28 -0500, Joyce
    > >> >> ><[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >>ARGHHHHHHHHH! 132.4 this morning ... tom
    > >> >> >>again, already,
    whatever.
    > >> >Need I say
    > >> >> >>more? I swear my body has now decided to go
    > >> >> >>totally wacko on


    me.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    <g>
    > >> >Other than
    > >> >> >>that, and possibly two days of eating some
    > >> >> >>fantastic jambalaya
    (which
    > >> >was rather
    > >> >> >>salty) no reasonable explanation.
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >>On the plus side ... my jeans are feeling
    > >> >> >>incredibly baggy.


    LOL

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >>Joyce
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >>
    > >> >
    > >>
    > >
    >


  20. Has your mom's Alzheimer's evolved to another stage? The
    progression from one stage to the next can be so deceptive,
    I think you don't always know what stage a person is in
    until they've moved to the next. Kinda like the early
    developmental years in infants and toddlers (only the
    opposite, sadly) when, about the time you've adjusted to the
    new stage they've reached, they learn something new.

    I'm glad to hear someone else on asdww mention how all-
    absorbing and time-consuming the weight issue can be/is.
    From last February to this, my entire non-work life revolved
    around weight. Maybe that's the kind of heavy-lifting
    required by some of us who need to totally reconstruct our
    relationship with food. Maybe the amount of effort and
    thinking involved in NOT eating is an indication of how much
    I WAS eating without any effort or thought. Now, with
    ongoing weight loss and home renovation and
    exercising/biking, I don't have time to go to work.

    Say more about your MSN program. Finding an online program
    sounds like the way to go. It'll keep your mind engaged,
    your spirits lifted, your hands busy, and your body home.

    --
    Linda P

    Lesanne said:

    I think I am going to come in around 158 or 159 in the morning, based upon
    the last few days, and that is A-Okay. Things are hard at home, but I am
    getting ready to start work on an online MSN program that will keep me
    feeling more myself I think. Now that I am not totally involved in the
    weight issue for hours a day, I found I was kind of lost, then discovered
    this program and it sounds interesting, so Ya... Back to school, this time
    online.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users ยท 0 guests ยท0 bots ยท0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.