Wolfman Duathlon, Apr 10, Memphis

Memphis Mud

Guest
Copy of the email sent to me from race director:

> Hey, get your calendars out and mark the date!! Sunday, April
> 10th, 9 AM, East end of Shelby Farms.
>
> Looking forward to another great race and tons of fun. We will also
> have the unicycles back again this year and that's a hoot to see.
>
> Check out the attached application and get it in early so I will not
> run out of t-shirts. And as usual a great post race party with
> hamburgers and stuff.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wolfman

I've also got an application file. But its not one of the approved file
extentions to attach. So, if you want one, PM me.

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...

"do not think, just ride"...muniracer
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

onefiftyfour wrote:
> *memphis mud, will you be cokering this time?*

Short of sabatage, it is the only way to beat Tommy.

(But I'll also need him to ride his 24.)

I've Cokered a smidgen of the course with 150s. I know I'll need 170s. I
dont know how you manage 125s. We'll see. I'm comfortable on the 2niner.
I'm betting Tommy, 154, me as win, place, show. I'd like to stay
positive and all, but predict I'll be 3 or 4 minutes back (short of
sabatage).

I might put a damsel in distress in your path. You're such a sucker for
that save-a-life along the way stuff.

(gentle readers: feel free to do a search for a thread conserning the
154's heroics in the wolfpack triathlon last yr)

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...

"do not think, just ride"...muniracer
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

Hi all,

I wanted to bump this post and to remind everybody that the Wolfman
Duathon is quickly approaching. Also, this event coincides with the MUC
Birthday Bash that we have thrown over the last two years.

Those of you traveling to Memphis for the Wolfman Duathlon are welcome
to stay with Rody and me Friday and Saturday night. Just let me know so
that we do not over commit our space. We will do group rides on
Saturday (April 9th this year) and then have a pot luck party on that
Saturday night at our home. We always have a great time and expect
nothing less this year.

A registration form for the Wolfman can be uploaded at:

http://tinyurl.com/58keo

The race is a 3 mile run, a 6.5 mile (not very technical MUni) and then
a 1 mile run. You can also team up and use a runner if you are not up
for the running.

So, come on over, down, or up to Memphis for an entire weekend of
riding, uni-fun and camaraderie, and racing.

Also, visit the MUC website for all of the regional MUC gatherings that
we have helped to organize.

http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com

See y’all in Memphis,
Tommy

--
Tmornstar - Grandmaster 2T

Tommy Thompson
[email protected] (No PMs. please)
Memphis Unicycle Club
Please vist our web site:
http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

I think I'll team up with Tommy this year. I'll let him do the run and
the ride.:D

--
bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

-"Worried about rising sea levels? Move into the hills! I might be a
hillbilly but when you're drinking saltwater in the 2nd floor of your
beach condo, my mullet will be drier than a can of Skoal left open on a
sunny day."- - maestro8

-"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who
are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."- -
Albert Einstein

I swore to myself (and my wife) that I would never compete in anything
again after last year's Wolfman. It took me three weeks and two massage
sessions to recover. However, as you may know competition is too much a
part my pathology. I'll be there again this year.

Tommy

--
Tmornstar - Grandmaster 2T

Tommy Thompson
[email protected] (No PMs. please)
Memphis Unicycle Club
Please vist our web site:
http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

Two Weeks Away

Two hikers were walking down a trail. Suddenly a bear appeared. As they
ran away, one said to the other "do you think we can outrun that bear?"
The other replied "I only have to outrun you!"

I''ve been in combat-training mode. I'm going to ride the course today.
I've run almost 5 miles in the last 30 days.

I've got my eyes squarely on Bronze.

(unless someone has an \"accident\"...) (one can find oneself quite
alone deep in the woodsy parts of this course) (one might suddenly be
confronted with ...unexpected challenges...) (how unfortunate that would
be for one to have to balance on a unicycle while looking over one's
shoulder all the while...that's all i'm saying)