Wolfman Duathlon, Apr 10, Memphis

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Memphis Mud, Feb 9, 2005.

  1. Memphis Mud

    Memphis Mud Guest

    Copy of the email sent to me from race director:

    > Hey, get your calendars out and mark the date!! Sunday, April
    > 10th, 9 AM, East end of Shelby Farms.
    >
    > Looking forward to another great race and tons of fun. We will also
    > have the unicycles back again this year and that's a hoot to see.
    >
    > Check out the attached application and get it in early so I will not
    > run out of t-shirts. And as usual a great post race party with
    > hamburgers and stuff.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Wolfman

    I've also got an application file. But its not one of the approved file
    extentions to attach. So, if you want one, PM me.

    --
    Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

    Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...

    "do not think, just ride"...muniracer
    Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

  2. onefiftyfour

    onefiftyfour Guest

  3. Memphis Mud

    Memphis Mud Guest

    onefiftyfour wrote:
    > *memphis mud, will you be cokering this time?*

    Short of sabatage, it is the only way to beat Tommy.

    (But I'll also need him to ride his 24.)

    I've Cokered a smidgen of the course with 150s. I know I'll need 170s. I
    dont know how you manage 125s. We'll see. I'm comfortable on the 2niner.
    I'm betting Tommy, 154, me as win, place, show. I'd like to stay
    positive and all, but predict I'll be 3 or 4 minutes back (short of
    sabatage).

    I might put a damsel in distress in your path. You're such a sucker for
    that save-a-life along the way stuff.

    (gentle readers: feel free to do a search for a thread conserning the
    154's heroics in the wolfpack triathlon last yr)

    --
    Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

    Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...

    "do not think, just ride"...muniracer
    Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

  4. Tmornstar

    Tmornstar Guest

    Hi all,

    I wanted to bump this post and to remind everybody that the Wolfman
    Duathon is quickly approaching. Also, this event coincides with the MUC
    Birthday Bash that we have thrown over the last two years.

    Those of you traveling to Memphis for the Wolfman Duathlon are welcome
    to stay with Rody and me Friday and Saturday night. Just let me know so
    that we do not over commit our space. We will do group rides on
    Saturday (April 9th this year) and then have a pot luck party on that
    Saturday night at our home. We always have a great time and expect
    nothing less this year.

    A registration form for the Wolfman can be uploaded at:

    http://tinyurl.com/58keo

    The race is a 3 mile run, a 6.5 mile (not very technical MUni) and then
    a 1 mile run. You can also team up and use a runner if you are not up
    for the running.

    So, come on over, down, or up to Memphis for an entire weekend of
    riding, uni-fun and camaraderie, and racing.

    Also, visit the MUC website for all of the regional MUC gatherings that
    we have helped to organize.

    http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com

    See y’all in Memphis,
    Tommy

    --
    Tmornstar - Grandmaster 2T

    Tommy Thompson
    [email protected] (No PMs. please)
    Memphis Unicycle Club
    Please vist our web site:
    http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
    Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

  5. bugman

    bugman Guest

    I think I'll team up with Tommy this year. I'll let him do the run and
    the ride.:D

    --
    bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

    -"Worried about rising sea levels? Move into the hills! I might be a
    hillbilly but when you're drinking saltwater in the 2nd floor of your
    beach condo, my mullet will be drier than a can of Skoal left open on a
    sunny day."- - maestro8

    -"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who
    are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."- -
    Albert Einstein

  6. Tmornstar

    Tmornstar Guest

    I swore to myself (and my wife) that I would never compete in anything
    again after last year's Wolfman. It took me three weeks and two massage
    sessions to recover. However, as you may know competition is too much a
    part my pathology. I'll be there again this year.

    Tommy

    --
    Tmornstar - Grandmaster 2T

    Tommy Thompson
    [email protected] (No PMs. please)
    Memphis Unicycle Club
    Please vist our web site:
    http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
    Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

  7. Memphis Mud

    Memphis Mud Guest

    Two Weeks Away

    Two hikers were walking down a trail. Suddenly a bear appeared. As they
    ran away, one said to the other "do you think we can outrun that bear?"
    The other replied "I only have to outrun you!"

    I''ve been in combat-training mode. I'm going to ride the course today.
    I've run almost 5 miles in the last 30 days.

    I've got my eyes squarely on Bronze.

    (unless someone has an \"accident\"...) (one can find oneself quite
    alone deep in the woodsy parts of this course) (one might suddenly be
    confronted with ...unexpected challenges...) (how unfortunate that would
    be for one to have to balance on a unicycle while looking over one's
    shoulder all the while...that's all i'm saying)