women skincare

danielle26

Dec 10, 2007
i have been cycling for a while and my skin is getting worse i am wondering if it is cycling that is causing the problem. does any one know any good products that could be used. i heard clinique was good, does anyone use clinique products???

i looked at their website but i don't know which product is good..any advice ???
http://www.clinique.com.au/index.tmpl?ngextredir=1

I used to use Clinique products but now my skin has changed so I tend to use a combination of things - usually l'Oreal or Guerlain or Clarins on my face and Johnson's Body Lotion on my arms and legs. You also need to be vigilant about applying sunscreen before riding.

If your skin is feeling rough and bumpy, then a good exfoliating scrub once a week would be a good idea. My preference is for l'Occitane Olive Face Scrub Mud for my face and l'Occitane Verbena Salt Scrub for the rest.

You also need to think about what you are eating - lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, avoid take-out and processed foods as much as possible. Make sure you drink enough water to stay well hydrated.

Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturiser has been around for decades and is consistently good - I have used it in the past. The Superdefense Triple Action Moisturiser SPF 25 looks pretty good too although I have never tried it. Do you live near a large department store where you could go and sample some moisturisers and see which one feels best to you?

Hey,
Great topic, i have been wondering about this for a while now. Ive found my skin has also deteriorated somewhat since i started cycling, mostly I think due to sun exposure, as the difference is mostly in exposed areas.
However my boyfriend, who has been cycling a bit longer than me, his skin and general complexion, esp. face, has improved, he drinks alot of water, generally eats well-fruit/veg and uses sunscreen on most rides and doesn't really use any skincare products. So i guess its a case-by-case basis.
I only really use johnsons total body wash lotion and neutrogena on my face, which i dont like that miuch and am looking for an alternative?
In my experience, unless you have 'bad' skin already-acne etc., the best, or my preferred, option is lots of fruit veg., min. processed foods/drink, lotsa water and some simple cosmetics - johnsons body wash etc. and maybe a simple moisturiser.

www.cosmeticscop.com

Men tend to have oilier skin than women so they tend not to suffer as much from sun exposure although it does eventually catch up with them - it just takes longer. So sunscreen is really important.

A really good all over moisturiser which a lot of dermatologists recommend is Cetaphil Lotion (I'm thinking of trying it). But really, it's a matter of trying out the different moisturisers and lotions out there and seeing which one suits you best and most importantly applying it regularly. Don't forget the lips either, use a good lip moisturiser/lip balm. At the risk of sounding like a l'Occitane advertisement - I like their Shea Butter lip balm.

A lot of women like Olay products - I've tried the Total Effects moisturiser and I have to say it didn't work for me. My favourite moisturiser was a Guerlain product which has been discontinued :(

Oh yes, and sunscreen is important. ;)

thanks for the advice!!! yeah i heard that the Superdefense Triple Action Moisturiser SPF 25 is pretty good..it has different moistures for different skin tpye... i thought about getting it!!! does anyone know if it is cheaper online or at a department store!?
matagi said:
I used to use Clinique products but now my skin has changed so I tend to use a combination of things - usually l'Oreal or Guerlain or Clarins on my face and Johnson's Body Lotion on my arms and legs. You also need to be vigilant about applying sunscreen before riding.

If your skin is feeling rough and bumpy, then a good exfoliating scrub once a week would be a good idea. My preference is for l'Occitane Olive Face Scrub Mud for my face and l'Occitane Verbena Salt Scrub for the rest.

You also need to think about what you are eating - lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, avoid take-out and processed foods as much as possible. Make sure you drink enough water to stay well hydrated.

Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturiser has been around for decades and is consistently good - I have used it in the past. The Superdefense Triple Action Moisturiser SPF 25 looks pretty good too although I have never tried it. Do you live near a large department store where you could go and sample some moisturisers and see which one feels best to you?

danielle26 said:
thanks for the advice!!! yeah i heard that the Superdefense Triple Action Moisturiser SPF 25 is pretty good..it has different moistures for different skin tpye... i thought about getting it!!! does anyone know if it is cheaper online or at a department store!?
Online is cheaper than a department store, but I'd suggest at least going to a store to try the samples and make sure you like the texture and feel of the moisturiser.

I say this having made the mistake of buying some Jurlique moisturiser once which was so oily and heavy that I threw it away after using it only twice.

matagi said:
Online is cheaper than a department store, but I'd suggest at least going to a store to try the samples and make sure you like the texture and feel of the moisturiser.

I say this having made the mistake of buying some Jurlique moisturiser once which was so oily and heavy that I threw it away after using it only twice.

May l asked how much do they cost?
Do these spf creams rub in nicely ? , Bcause now l am using anticancer council cream spf 30 and its almost like zinc .It rubs in ok ,but it sweats out a little later and unbeknown to me l have all manner of road grime and insects smattered over my face and neck!
Theother "coles" non greasy brand was like a plastic bag over my face ,it blocked my pores causing me to drip sweat/chemical into my eyes.

ah gotta love melb... /raincoat/sunglasses and sunscreen a must :D

Meeba said:
May l asked how much do they cost?
Do these spf creams rub in nicely ? , Bcause now l am using anticancer council cream spf 30 and its almost like zinc .It rubs in ok ,but it sweats out a little later and unbeknown to me l have all manner of road grime and insects smattered over my face and neck!
Theother "coles" non greasy brand was like a plastic bag over my face ,it blocked my pores causing me to drip sweat/chemical into my eyes.

ah gotta love melb... /raincoat/sunglasses and sunscreen a must :D
Don't know how much the Clinique moisturisers cost - but I'm heading into David Jones this evening so I'll have a look and report back.

As far as sunscreen goes my favourite is the Sunsense range, it's a pharmacy only line - I've used it for years and reckon it's great. It has titanium dioxide in it so it does leave a white film on your skin when you apply it but it isn't thick like zinc cream. Mind you, I do use zinc on my nose and my cheeks if I'm going to be out in the hottest part of the day.

And I'd rather have the Melbourne weather over this draining humidity we get up here in NSW. :)

does anyone know how much it cost yet...i wonder if anyone has tried to buy it online??is it trustwothy???

I have to be honest, I do very little online shopping and have never bought skincare/makeup online.

Will be heading into DJs on Thursday so I will try to remember to check the prices and report back (sorry, forgot last time :eek: )

BTW, I have been using the Cetaphil Lotion as a body moisturiser this week and I must say I don't mind it. It is a little thicker than the Johnson's Simply Soft Body Lotion I normally use and I certainly wouldn't use it on my face (because it feels a little too heavy for my taste) but it works well on the rest of the body.

Thanks Matagi:cool: .

I have been looking for cetaphil lotion and cant really find it anywhere or was it online?

On a related topic, my most recent rides have been in quite sunny conditions and often 30c+. The sunscreen i have been using is a triplegard everyday SPF30 with moisturiser and vitamin E yet iam still getting burnt and the moisturisercomponent seems to be non existent. Can anyone suggest an alternative? and also what aloe vera and face moisturiser works well? and general tips for sun exposed skin(care). I used to use a garnier aloe vera but did'nt like it so i want to get it right!
Thankyou very much:)

You can get Cetaphil in pharmacies and at Priceline (which is where I got mine)

As for sunscreen - the titanium dioxide based ones are among the best around for blocking out the rays. Go for a waterproof or "sports" type which are supposedly formulated to resist coming off with sweat. I use Sunsense Sport - it's a bit more expensive than a lot of other brands, but it stays on and does an excellent job as a sunscreen.

Of course, sunscreen doesn't stop you from burning if you stay out too long without reapplying. The fairer your skin, the more frequently you need to reapply.

if I were you that condition will turn me back to my own garden,I have used wrong skin care product before since the chemical compound is not mix with my skin,the solutions I use aloe vera to gain back my skin that look like get burned from the fire

matagi said:
Men tend to have oilier skin than women so they tend not to suffer as much from sun exposure although it does eventually catch up with them - it just takes longer. So sunscreen is really important.

I don't know about that 'not suffering as much from sun exposure' bit. I've been here in sunny California for over 10 years and still look like a lobster at the mere hint of spring sun!

Back in the cold and freezing rain of England, neutrogena worked pretty good. After 4 months getting in the winter miles, all done in near freezing temperatures, the old face starts to look a little worn and leathery. Our masseuse (not that kind of masseuse ;)) would do the 'sneak attack' move and rub some on our face and tell us to shut up... The no nonsense, unscented stuff works best. They actually have that out at the oil refinery were I work too and from what I gather it's not amazingly expensive.

I got some for home a while back but my better half doesn't like it because she says it takes a little too long to rub in.

Is sun protection.

Even in winter time, always apply some before riding (and every 2 hours)

Also, make sure you are hydrated well.

Research shows that expensive creams are not better than simple creams..

I would want a professional make up artist, who knows what colors look good on women all ages. I would want to know, what looks good on a daily basis and on special occasions.

Hello,
Everyone wants to have a healthy skin, then, first, you should cut down on simple carbohydrates, saturated fats, trans-fatty acids and cholesterol, and choose complex carbohydrates, for examples oats, whole-meal bread, and whole-grains, fresh vegetables are also beneficial, and the fruits, seeds and nuts. People who want to have a healthy skin and hair should focus on the essential fatty acids, they are needed to promote and keep the skin in a healthy condition.