Women Specific Cycle frame.

Uphill DownHill

Guest
I want to up grade my wifes comfort / commuting bike.

The finishing kit on the bike is very high spec, xt, xtr with good wheels
and tyres. Rather than buy a new bike I want to buy justa frame. Anywhere
I can buy just a step through frame?

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:14:16 +0100, "Uphill DownHill"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
<[email protected]>:

>The finishing kit on the bike is very high spec, xt, xtr with good wheels
>and tyres. Rather than buy a new bike I want to buy justa frame. Anywhere
>I can buy just a step through frame?

Good question. When I were a lad all the Dawes and Claud Butler bikes
were available as frame & forks only, I wonder if that's still the
case?

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Uphill DownHill wrote:
> I want to up grade my wifes comfort / commuting bike.
>
> The finishing kit on the bike is very high spec, xt, xtr with good wheels
> and tyres. Rather than buy a new bike I want to buy justa frame. Anywhere
> I can buy just a step through frame?

If it's very high spec bits you could always enhance the components with
a custom frame built specially for her.

Though also note that "women specific" doesn't necessarily equate to
"step through". Things like shorter top tubes feature on WS frames that
don't have step through. Step through is only a Really Big Win on a
bike used by one person if she wants to cycle in a skirt, cycles with
awkward loads or has trouble swinging a leg over the back of the saddle.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK