womens bike colours... do women really want pink?

I dig pink. I like to look feminine and sexy and people never suspect I'm a pretty vicious animal. I wear pigtails to soccer, smile sweetly as a negotiate real estate deals, and would love a sissy, pretty bike to ride when I tear up the road. Nothing goofy, like my 5 year olds cute little Raleigh, but black with hot pink, brown with baby blue, turquoise, something with a hint of femininity. It is who I am. I'm not ashamed to be a girly girl!

Would depend on the individual woman. And man. As a male man I would not buy the light purple bike but would definitely ride the mixte. I would buy a bike in a different purple/blue colour scheme but not that particular one. In that sense it could be argued that the mixte is unisex as I know plenty of women who don't like "feminine" colour schemes on things but I'd asert that you'd struggle to find a man who'd ride the "mens" frame.

I dig colors that are gender neutral and non-assuming.
I'm not sure why but I've always dug the "universal preference" on things like this.

I think its because I'm constantly looking @ resale value for the **** the I never even intend to sell! LOL

Women's bike colour ,they mostly choose a light colour,they choose a pink but in rare case,choose a white,blue and silver colour for that,as per a their choice.

I must comment on this one. I'm a 35 yr old woman and I HATE girly colors. I won't buy anything that is pink, lavender, flowery, ect. Actually for bikes, if I were taller I would not even look at women's bikes at all, I'd be looking at and buying men's bikes. Unfortunately I'm 5' so trying to find a men's bike that fits me is pretty much impossible. I will not buy anything with flowers, pink, ect even a hint of it will turn me off. I prefer black, red, blue, silver, possibly yellow or green.

From a man's perspective, NO, a lot of women do NOT want bikes with goofy little flowers and "vines" all over them. Not only do they look infantile, but they make a bike look like it was purchased at Walmart.

My wife is in the market for a road bike and has expressed her frustration on more than a few occasions about how ridiculous women's bikes look with all the corny designs. Because of this, she will probably wind up on a man's bike, not that there's anything wrong with that, but still, the geometry of a man's bike is different.

Pink and purple are okay if they're not overdone, but a full-on pink or purple bicycle? Really? Not to mention, the Cannondale Synapse (womens) bike I saw in neon green and white! :eek:

IMO, women do NOT want to look like children on bicycles. There's nothing wrong with a feminine touch to a bike, but when it looks like the "Strawberry Shortcake Edition," that's a problem.

I have to agree with liking the black with hot pink accents. I think a while back cannondale had a hot pink frame for t-mobile colors, i thought that was pretty awesome. Lime can also be a fun color and isn't too dated or overtly feminine.
My road/racing bike is royal blue, mens frame.

mingcat9 said:
I have to agree with liking the black with hot pink accents. I think a while back cannondale had a hot pink frame for t-mobile colors, i thought that was pretty awesome. Lime can also be a fun color and isn't too dated or overtly feminine.
My road/racing bike is royal blue, mens frame.

Pink/black look awesome together, especially if it's a black bike with pink accents. The same goes with purple. I those color combos would look good on either a men's or women's bike, but they have to be done right. Hell, my car is electric blue with pink accents/badges. I think the combo looks pretty cool.

Useless trivia- Guys, in Japan, pink is considered to be very masculine and representative of power. :cool:

I think it would be nice to have choice. Pink mmm!? not too sure - pink in itself isn't the issue but too much pastal. Yuck! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif

I don't think you can go wrong with some "unisex" colours; red, black, white.

hope this helps! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Oh, please, no, not more red, black, and white bikes. I walk into a bike shop and all the road bikes are red, black, or white - often all three on the same bike! Mountain bikes tend to come in orange, red, black, or lime green. Touring bikes come in very boring shades of brown, grey, black, or dark green. Commuter bikes are starting to come in interesting colors, but usually not the color you really like in the model you really want. Yes, it would be nice to have more choice. I'm thinking of buying a Rocky Mountain Sherpa touring bike on sale in my lbs, but having it painted something more cheerful than black. It would be my fourth black bike (one I had repainted a bright scarlet) and I want a color that makes me think of summer, not dark winter nights.

yes please....pink is awesome...

This'll do!
160zk1k.jpg

Pink = puke

That said, bike colors of late tend to be boring. I've seen all the black, silver, white, or grey bikes I ever want to see.

Purple would even be ok, if it's a deep jewel tone. A ruby red would be awesome. Turquoise or other deep blue-greens would also be great.

But all these cutesy "women" designs are not anything I want any part of. I can't imagine anything more foolish than a grown woman riding down the road on, as another poster put it, "the Strawberry Shortcake" edition. Not meaning any offense but honestly, if I see someone riding one of those overly cutesy things my first thought is NOT going to be "there goes a cyclist". If you don't need or want to be taken seriously I guess there's no real harm done - the real problem is not so much the designs themselves, it's the resentment I feel over not having more choice and the difficulty the rest of us who don't go in for that sort of thing have finding something that doesn't make us feel like a 3 year old.

I probably wouldn't care that much if I had more choices that did NOT involve pink, butterflies, dragonflies, or other cutesy designs.

I have a light blue coloured bike. I contemplated getting a pink bike, since thats one of my favourite colours. The bike shop I bought my bike from didn't have a pink bike in my price range, so I went with the blue which is a nice blue anyway.
I think it would be nice to have a greater range of colour selection, like bright colours so people can see your bike easily. I noticed that most of the bikes are white, or black, or blue and maybe red. Maybe bright colours mixed together with white or black - such as pink and purple, red and blue, yellow and green etc. This would give a wider range of colours for woman and men too.

Originally Posted by BadWolf .

I really like my touring bike in a shade of red and was looking for a roadbike in pearl white but ended up with a plain brushed titanium frame with white cable housings, black fork, seat tube, handlebar/stem, pink wheel hubs and steering head bearing and a touch of red here and there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/Joni_Lynn/LynnieLynskeyrightquarter.jpg

It may not appeal to most but I like it.
That's a nice looking bike. The pink CK headset looks great on any nude ti bike. In fact, I had one on my Moots. It certainly doesn't hurt that part of the money spent on that goes to the Susan G Komen for the Cure group.

Being a teenager, i would properly prefer a bike with many co lours rater than the plane black and white or pink. A bike with greens/aquas and blue tones would look great. I also think that pink isn't the color most would go for, but a deep coral or pink/red co lour with whites and yellow would also look great!!!