womens bike colours... do women really want pink?

I think hot pink and orange always look great together whether it is on your body or on your bike. Those two colors are very up-lifting together. And when people see you in those colors they think you must have a fun personality and are a person they want to be with.

Black, Gold or Blue. Actually I don't like pink bike, it is really strange that my friends all like pink and red bike. My friends all told me girls wanna red and pink bike, because recently i bought a montague swiss bike LX from a site named smalltao, i don't know anybody buy from this site. But when i ride the bike to see my best friend and tell her how proud i'm feel, she said it is so strange for a girl to ride black bike. Wow!! What she said make me really unhappy!! I really love my new black bike!!!!

I have always loved Sapphire blue or super loud yellow/img/vbsmilies/smilies/cool.gif (ala 2001 GT Team) though I have one that is also orange/black tiger stripe. Pink can be good in moderation, though pale colors in any stretch are a turn off for being too girly/common.

hot pink and orange are warm color, amazing!

Originally Posted by Trekher .

I think hot pink and orange always look great together whether it is on your body or on your bike. Those two colors are very up-lifting together. And when people see you in those colors they think you must have a fun personality and are a person they want to be with.

hi, i like pink and not every one of my bags or wallets are pink,My Hermes replica handbags is black and my wallet is red http://www.hermestrend.com/scarf.html

My new Trek is black and gold, with a slightly sparkly finish. Wouldn't go for a pink bike, but pink touches are ok. Prefer the glittery look myself!!;)

its really good if you Desigen any bike for women i think gray and mix with black it will be show great and its tyers should be perfect because it is a mountain bike...light purple, blue colors another metal are looks nice also.
cool.gif

It depends upon the usage and choice of women. Usually women like red, pink or yellow colors but if anyone want adventure, black will suit them.

No, women do not necessarily want pink, we want our bikes to be all the colors of the rainbow. The main reason I absolutely adore 70s/80s steel frames, besides their buildability and rideability is their beautiful, rich colors- I have several bikes from that era in a metallic royal blue, a metallic silver, and a kelly green. My MTB has modern components but is a solid, shiny burgundy.

I'm not sure what road bike manufacturers were thinking about 10-15 years ago when they started going with the uniform matte tri-colors- blah. Boring! I just built up a cross bike in a solid
black gloss, with a white fork and orange clicks and handlebar tape, and she turns heads due to her colors.

The real tragedy is in women's clothing- I gave up and ordered several custom jerseys, or go shopping for small's in the men's section, to get away from the pink/baby blue mess.

I've been working with one of my coworkers on a custom 29er (that will get built someday...) and I want it to either be baby pink with stainless steel lugs or stainless with baby pink lugs. I think pink is a fine color (no matter the hue or shade) Specialized even came out with a pink crux in the last couple years that sold pretty well (and looked pretty sharp)...

I do agree that it'd be nice to see women's models without the flowers and foo foo designs...It's funny working in a bike shop watching children try and pick out bikes...it always bothers me to see parents encourage a girl to get a "non-girly bike" cause she has a younger brother or even encourage a boy to get a "non-girly bike" even though he has a younger sister...it's even more funny hearing adults make comments about a bike being too girly and then a boy will come in the next day and purchase it saying he thought it looked cool...I guess if you've been forced into thinking certain colors have genders maybe you want to pull away from those colors...

In terms of paint designs I really enjoy the paint schemes Colnago did on their road frames in the 80/90's...loud colors, fading in to one another...or more recent paint schemes done by Raleigh on their road frames...sleek and simple...

Originally Posted by lunamander .

I will NEVER buy a pink bike, one with flowers, other STUPID things they put on women's bikes that would be "suitable" for a small child. ( But then I wouldn't get one of these stereotype reinforcing things for my daughter either.) as soon as I see tha I do not look at buying them.

Women are interested in cool, just likethe guys. I want classy, sleek, and techno looking (silver, hand brushed titanium, black, white --(BTW, neutral stuff that goes with any clothing...after all its a lot more interesting to play with your clothing colors and a lot less permanent!) or deep brilliant colors (like bright red).

These are what they give guys, cool stuff not cutesy stuff...just like commercial clothes, women's suck and men's are classic and durable. (Not that I want any of the stupid things they put on boys bikes either like graphics of flames).

Every woman I've ever bike shopped with has felt the same way and avoided those cutesy bikes.

This concept of woman-specific bicycle graphics is awful. Does every sport STILL have to be dumbed down and made acceptable for females (as opposed to WOMEN),

Why would any thinking woman spend a boat load of money on something so cutesy that looks like it was made for a 6-yr old?

Whew, thanks for letting me get that out!

RIGHT ON! I was just complaining about womens' sneakers...all pink and purple .I would never buy pink or purple sneakers, bikes, helmets...cars!. Keep pink and purple for girls. Women want adult colors..red, orange, lime green.

I just bought a matte black with purple/pink subtle details. I like the matte rather than shiny finish. I like one solid colour with small details added (but not actual pictures, rather just flashes etc.). I like white too. What I'd REALLY like is that the bike itself is matte black or matte purple or matte blue/green then the componentry was a complimentary colour, not just the paint job on the frame :)

I have one with stronger blue/yellow, but my sky blue frame with pink saddle and grips is starting to grow on me ;)

Ugh....pink. I agree, every woman is different and having options seems to be the best bet. Not every woman wants a sleek colored man's bike with male specific colors. But, not every woman wants a bike, jersey, gloves, helmet, etc that has pink in it simply because of the gender specific color either. I, personally, would rather a bad ass graphic print with the colors of black and blue. I don't want to have to search through jersey after jersey with flowers and art prints. I want most of the Mens jerseys, just in womens sizes'. Can I be a bad ass in pink? Absolutely. I would rather be a bad ass in graphic reds, blues, etc. Pink is not every woman's cup of tea.

I just bought a coffee and green bike. Not brown, coffee.
if I had seen the picture first I probably would never have looked twice. But in the flesh, it's really nice.

I've decided to paint mine! It's gonna be a tattoo style with vines and little birds on it. Anyone say what sort of paint I should use?