womens bike colours... do women really want pink?

Discussion in 'Women's Cycling' started by keeko, Oct 30, 2009.

1. heightpower

heightpower New Member

You totally stole my answer. Most of my wardrobe is that way as well: black WITH [insert colour].

2. Sunflowerzz

Sunflowerzz New Member

Hi everyone, newbie here and to riding bikes. I love lime green, bright turquoise and periwinkle and believe it or not camouflage in any combinations but pinks and greens are my favorite, all of these with black accents would be great for me. I also like the chameleon colors like a pearly white that shimmers into pinks and lavenders when it catches light.

Since I couldn't find any of those I purchased...

rose pink.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Cairns

Cairns New Member

New to the forums, but wanted to jump in on this.

My hybrid is sort of an eggshell gloss red (2010 Trek 7.5 FX WSD). I love the color.

My road bike is a Cannondale Synapse 6 Carbon, high gloss shiny black with lime green accents. I am less thrilled with this color combination, but would take that any day over a pink bike or anything with flowers on it.

I'm a grown woman, a business professional and an avid outdoor enthusiast. I am not a 12 year old girl.. If I was, I'd have added fringe to the handlebars and a cute white basket on the front ;)

4. Sunflowerzz

Sunflowerzz New Member

It is one thing to have an opinion. I respect that but it is entirely another thing to have an opinion with insinuations that are directly made to insult and put down another persons choices. It's rude.

Your insinuations were that a grown women, a professional and an outdoor enthusiast shouldn't like pink. REALLY?

I am a professional, I am 59 years young, I have owned horses, was a barebow hunter for years and currently hubby and I are into pistols and range shooting and members of the NRA. I wear pink and green camo when at the ranges, I can shoot better than most men, can take down a deer, skin it and pack it out with the best of them. I am tough and can hold my own, but guess what I still love PINK! I will NEVER lose that beautiful sweet fun loving 12 old girl inside me.

5. Cairns

Cairns New Member

I guess if you go through life assuming everyone is "insinuating" or "insulting" you just because they have a different opinion, then that's just plain sad. Based on some of the things you point out about yourself, I can make a ton of assumptions as well, but I won't.

My opinion was expressed. If you don't agree, then fine, but don't "insinuate" that I'm insulting anyone who disagrees. It was merely my own opinion about my own choices - which I believe was the point of this topic to begin with.

Hell, I even added a wink at the end of my statement. That's supposed to make everyone happy, right?

Perhaps lighten up a bit, take it with a grain of salt and don't let it frazzle you. I'm a pretty harmless person, who just doesn't feel the need to wear or ride pink.

6. Cairns

Cairns New Member

Clearly it's coffee - not brown, not cappuccino, not mocha. Coffee. :) Nice color combo w/the green.

7. Sunflowerzz

Sunflowerzz New Member

Quote: Originally Posted by Cairns .

I'm a pretty harmless person, who just doesn't feel the need to wear or ride pink.

There. Much Better.[​IMG]

8. cutesybikeliker

cutesybikeliker New Member

Geez.......are you sure you like men???? Look at what you want, buy what you want and the rest of us don't really care what you choose. Phew..

9. cutesybikeliker

cutesybikeliker New Member

Cheers!!!! My sentiments exactly.

10. psychbi

psychbi New Member

Every colors can be for women, as different women have different tastes. i think the combination of colors talks,for example from childhood everyone bring blue balloon for boys but i think the combination of blue and brown can be a great set for girls! :D

11. Amyli

Amyli Banned

If let me choose a bike, I would choose the blue and white, even in a bad mood, see the mixed color of the bicycle, the mood also will be improved, and the saddle can be feel the same way.[​IMG]

12. Emmilia Rojas

Emmilia Rojas New Member

my color is blue sky....... not pink [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. kboutie

kboutie New Member

Hi, I'm finding that certain women love pink but not too much. I make Rocket7 custom cycling shoes and some women go with an all white shoe with pink embroidery to give it accents. They look great but some like all hot pink which is always fun. Especially in October for breast cancer awareness.
    KC

14. Amy Elinski

Amy Elinski New Member

I'm personally a big fan of pinks and pastels on bikes! I think nothing is tackier though than flowers and other decals on the bike though. If you have striping (or even a swirl of some sort on the tube) on the bike, I think that's nice. Cutsey decals however are to be avoided like the plague. Please though, girly colors like pinks, purples, and pastel greens and blues would be lovely!

15. shilpa123

shilpa123 New Member

I hate pink and i would definitely like to try out some other colour on my bike. I would like pink on my shirt but definitely not on my bike. I usually love black and yellow combination on my bike.

16. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonder New Member

I don't really know why they associate pink to women all the time. I don't necessarily like pink all the time. For my bike, I prefer basic neon colours such as yellow or green. Why? I value these colours for their purpose of keeping me safe when I bike at night. It may not be as fashionable as when I use ladylike pink, but with biking, you don't need to be fashionable. I treat my bike like my gadgets in a way that I put for importance on functionality over the way it actually looks. I like my bike looking rather "professional" in a sense.

17. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84 New Member

please just don't make it pink or put flowers on it i hate when manufacturers make things pinks simply because they are for girls it's so patronising

18. wahmed

wahmed New Member

Pink is great for clothes and accessories and even make up. When you're riding a bike you don't want stand out you don't want to look as if you're the typical girly girls trying to do something so no pink bike. I think I'd be quite happy with the blue one or a silver one.

19. jumpergrrl1979

jumpergrrl1979 New Member

I would not mind having a bike with pink accents. I would mind have a entirely pink bike. I find it disturbing that when any designer comes up with a color scheme geared toward women they automatically think pink. Personally, I am not a frilly type of woman. I would really enjoy having more colors available to choose from. How about bright red? Or bright Blue? Does it really have to include pink? I think not.

20. kana_marie

kana_marie Member

I like darker colors... Blue, green, black... I guess pink is just too bright and girlie for me.