womens bike colours... do women really want pink?

I prefer fire engine red. I'm most definitely not a pink person. It's just to demeaning for my personality which is more along headstrong, tomboyish and stubborn than girly girl.

Pink is great if you like it, but it is a bit patronising to think that all women want pink bikes and bike stuff. My favourite colour is emerald green and I can never find it on women's bikes or accessories so I have just given up trying.

I never liked pink, but somehow ended up with a pink bike. It's a long story and I won't bore you with it. In the beginning I was keen on painting it yellow, but it proved too be too complicated and costly. Also, I didn't have time for it, as I need my bike every day for work. Everyone around me was commenting on what a fabulous bike I have and that it really "suits" me. They were joking, knowing that I don't like pink. But, nevertheless, I decided to accept my pink bike and have christened it "La princesa". Ha.
My preferred bike colour would be a deep shade of purple or sunset yellow.

I would hate to have a hot pink bike or a solid pink however I wouldnt mind if it had a little pink on it. Im more for a black bike or even anything bright coloured so that way I have a better chance of being seen at night.

Not all women want pink, I can tell you that. This is one lady who does not want pink at all. I have a black bike. I am into classy, not girlie.

I'm such a girly girl. I love the color pink and flower graphics. Actually, my favorite color is purple so I would choose purple over pink. :p At the same time though, the actual bike is more important than the design to me. I could live with a "masculine" looking bike.

I actually would love both pastel and neon color bikes. For the pastels I'd like pink, yellow, blue, green. For the neon colors I would like yellow, green, and orange. I also like that electric blue it's pretty and would be good on the bike because of the loud colors. I like loud colors or colors that stand out.

I love how pastel bikes look like. Especially if it's a combination of pink and white or turquoise and white. But I guess for myself i'd like something brighter. Maybe a mix of blue and green, I like these colours.

I do realize that this is a pretty old topic, but I here are my thoughts anyways. I don't like pink, never have, and never will. I can't imagine myself getting a pink bike or anything mobile which is pink for that matter.

I like pink or black. Rarely I can go for white color. I do not like white because it gets dirty very fast. That is why I prefer black.

I like pink or black. Rarely I can go for white color. I do not like white because it gets dirty very fast. That is why I prefer black.

I can't speak for all women but I love pink. I think there is great power in being strong and still feeling girly!!

I can't speak for all women but I love pink. I think there is great power in being strong and still feeling girly!!

I like pink and turquoise together. Someday I'll have a bicycle in those colors. Right now I have a shimmery black Trek Sky which at first I considered a bit dark for my personality but I ended up loving it. It's very chic, with it's purple accents and finish :) (rather than plain black)

If I were to suggest I think a woman would like the following:
white and gold
cranberry and black
tad green and violet trim

Pink is actually my favourite colour but I typically avoid it for bikes and any other sporting equipment.

Liking pink definitely doesn't make you weak but in my experience having all pink gear tends to make guys underestimate or 'go easy on' you. Sure, it's easy enough to prove them wrong, but I'd rather not have to fight that battle to begin with. I find men, and even other women, take me more seriously right from the start if I show up with standard rather than 'girly' equipment.

My wife actually bought a Giro Pneumo helmet right before we bought her bike. White pearl and silver with pink flames. Much prettier in person. But when we went to buy the bike, the blue model had much better components on it. so she went for the blue but really wanted the pink paint.

Ginabluesart_zps53d5d2e2.jpg

0pinkwsd_zpsa9lkkikp.jpg

Yes, she like pink! :lol:

021311c.jpg

020611H.jpg

091810C.jpg

DSCN9818_zpsj1gl3trs.jpg

090610A_zpsad65d179.jpg