Women's Biking Clothes?

Discussion in 'Women's Cycling' started by Carnold23, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Carnold23

Carnold23 New Member

What clothes do you recommend women wear for cycling in the winter months?
    I usually wear biking shorts and a tank top or tshirt but colder weather is here in Canada and I am curious what other ladies here wear when it is to cold for normal biking attire.

Tags:
    kimonochi likes this.

2. sunshiney

sunshiney Member

I usually wear a pair of workout tights, but for extra cold days I have a couple pairs of fleece lined tights as well that are super comfortable and not too bulky. I get overheated easily so I usually layer a t-shirt underneath a zip up sweater with a puffy vest over top, so if I've misjudged how cold it is I can modify my outfit a little.

Sometimes I'll wear a toque under my helmet too so I can pull it down over my ears, or a pair of those earmuffs that go around the back of your head. Gloves are a must for sure, and sometimes a scarf too so I can cover up my face a little bit if the wind is too cold.

3. kuroba

kuroba Member

It doesn't get really cold where I live, but the wind is chilly. My usual winter gear is: fleece lined tights, wool leg warmers, long sleeve top, jacket, gloves and a winter fleece bandana around my head and covering my nose/mouth.

You'd think I live in the artic circle, but it's just that I'm very sensitive to cold temperatures lol :)

4. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

That's the advantage of riding in our country because we do not have winter. Your riding attire is appropriate the whole year round. Our version of winter here are the cold mornings of December and January but it's not really that too cold compared to the zero degrees there. The coldest in Metro Manila is around 15 deg C only. I would love to wear the attire mentioned in this thread l ike that gloves and fleece bandana but surely I would be a laughing stock.

5. Keyan

Keyan Member

I am too lazy to move about if it is cold. Good thing we also do not have winter from where I live so there is no worry about the chilly winds and frosty air. We can wear almost anything during the day. I am more comfortable wearing the usual jersey and could not imagine wearing anything that is thicker or warmer.

6. rtorir

rtorir New Member

I suggest a leather jacket. It serves best as regular clothing and for formal purposes as well. The stylish jackets are preferred by younger people. It provides better protection while biking. It gives you a better shielding in case of an accident due to its hardness and retains its integrity. It is also water-proof and works quite well with snow.

7. Mannu

Mannu New Member

At the top of the check list for any women’s cycling shorts is the padded insert, otherwise known as a chamois. There’s a fine line between sufficient padding and too much bulk, and this also depends on the kind of riding you’re going to be doing. Long days in the saddle will require more cushioning, but if you’re on and off the bike a lot, for example a quick commute or a cyclocross style ride, you may prefer much less.