Women's crit crash in Visalia, CA - video & photos of Liz Hatch

On Mar 18, 3:36 am, bobcullinan <[email protected]> wrote:
> There was a nasty crash on the last lap of the women's crit on Sunday.
> A bunch of riders went down, including Vanderkitten's Liz Hatch. The
> video is OK...the pic of Liz's head is painful.
>
> http://www.cycleto.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6...

I liked the Tyler Ferrar crash better:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1438501764/bclid1406165222/bctid1457712321

Particularly the way he voiced his frustration.

Joseph

"bobcullinan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> There was a nasty crash on the last lap of the women's crit on Sunday.
> A bunch of riders went down, including Vanderkitten's Liz Hatch. The
> video is OK...the pic of Liz's head is painful.
>
> http://www.cycleto.com/index.php?op...california&catid=7:womens-pro-racing&Itemid=2

I could see a bit of it from a distance, from down the street, and I saw
several of the riders later patched up after the race. I talked to EMT's on
scene earlier and they expected crashes on the fifth corner, that's where
they stack it he said, having worked it for several years. Visalia Crit is
circus, about a billion people with cameras at that race. They had a big
screen TV, and several TV stations covering the race it seems. I probaby saw
at least 100 semi-pro cameramen, serious hobbiests, some really nice
equipment, and several big operations were on scene, and dozens of mom and
pop point and shoot people were all over the course. There were thousands,
yeah, I would say thousands of spectators, at least many hundreds. It was
very festive, very nice barbe food booths, and several teams set up nice
camps like Aarons and Colavita. Buzz was the word. This race had a nice
buzz, and since the women's event was NRC thanks to Sherry Clark efforts,
both the TT and Crit had a bevy of good riders, even Armstrong came for the
TT, and Mari Holden if you can believe that. At least that's what I was
told, but I haven't checked out that rumor completely yet. I believe CN had
Anderson listed as DNS for the TT, but I saw her on the course at the top of
Rocky Hill warming up, and I got a photo of her during the TT.

Hatch was off the front in the beginning, Ina was also several times later,
but in the end, Brooke Millar had a fair shot at taking Tut out in the final
sprint, but her expression from the photo says she tried, but not enough.

GBMT