Women's Sportive Bike Information Wanted

parkyparcours

Jun 1, 2010
Hi, wonder if anyone can help? I'm looking to upgrade my current road bike (with touring geometry) to a nice light sportive bike that will fly up the hills (I wish ;)). Am looking to pay between £1-2k but am really struggling to find reviews on whats available. Many sights don't list bikes as sportive and of course many don't list women's specific at all:(
Want to go down the woman specific route as I'm 5' 2" and small framed.
Any info would be most gratefully received.
Thank you!!!!!:rolleyes:

I can recommend the perfect bike for you. WSD Trek Madone. The entry level 4.5 should be in your price range. It is full carbon. I am 5'2 and ride a 50cm wsd 5.5 madone. Best bike in the world. Madones love to climb and are named after Lance Armstrong's favourite training mountain. Either a 50 or 52cm should fit you. They have womens' specific handle bars which are fantastic as well as other wsd components.It is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden. After a full day of riding it is still comfortable. :cool::D

Thanks - thats really useful. Have to say I my current Trek has been brilliant and I wondered about the Madone... will give it a test ride:D

Thanks again....

lamadone said:
I can recommend the perfect bike for you. WSD Trek Madone. The entry level 4.5 should be in your price range. It is full carbon. I am 5'2 and ride a 50cm wsd 5.5 madone. Best bike in the world. Madones love to climb and are named after Lance Armstrong's favourite training mountain. Either a 50 or 52cm should fit you. They have womens' specific handle bars which are fantastic as well as other wsd components.It is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden. After a full day of riding it is still comfortable. :cool::D

Thanks - thats really useful. Have to say I my current Trek has been brilliant and I wondered about the Madone... will give it a test ride:D

Thanks again....

lamadone said:

Good advice! :cool: