General fitness, health and nutrition ยท Public discussion

Woo Hoo! (ping Southern USians)

Started by jmcquown ยท ยท Last activity ยท 5 posts ยท 312 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
20 August 2005
Last activity
21 August 2005
Original author
jmcquown
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
312
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1โ€“5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Found some glorious baby turnip greens *and* big smoked turkey wings fer
    cheap ๐Ÿ™‚ Oh man, I don't care how hot it is (and it's HOT!) - in the next
    couple of days I'm cooking up a pot o' greens with the smoked turkey. I'll
    add chopped onion, probably a little garlic, pepper, and at the end a splash
    of vinegar and Tabasco sauce. I haven't made a big mess o' greens in years.
    I know lots of people would be saying "use smoked ham hocks" (or
    alternately, "ewwww!" LOL). Sure, I've made them with hocks but the smoked
    turkey wings just called to me.

    Jill
    --
    I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

  2. jmcquown said:

    Found some glorious baby turnip greens *and* big smoked turkey wings fer
    cheap ๐Ÿ™‚ Oh man, I don't care how hot it is (and it's HOT!) - in the next
    couple of days I'm cooking up a pot o' greens with the smoked turkey. I'll
    add chopped onion, probably a little garlic, pepper, and at the end a splash
    of vinegar and Tabasco sauce. I haven't made a big mess o' greens in years.
    I know lots of people would be saying "use smoked ham hocks" (or
    alternately, "ewwww!" LOL). Sure, I've made them with hocks but the smoked
    turkey wings just called to me.


    You gonna be doing that in the slow cooker, Jill?

  3. sf said:
    jmcquown said:

    Found some glorious baby turnip greens *and* big smoked turkey
    wings fer cheap ๐Ÿ™‚ Oh man, I don't care how hot it is (and it's
    HOT!) - in the next couple of days I'm cooking up a pot o' greens


    You gonna be doing that in the slow cooker, Jill?

    Nope, slow simmered on the stove top. We're supposed to have a "cold
    snap" - it's only going to be 95 on Monday! ๐Ÿ™‚

  4. We're supposed to have a "cold

    Quoted message said:

    snap" - it's only going to be 95 on Monday! ๐Ÿ™‚

    And rain, too!! YIPPPEEE

  5. itsjoannotjoann said:

    We're supposed to have a "cold

    Quoted message said:

    snap" - it's only going to be 95 on Monday! ๐Ÿ™‚

    And rain, too!! YIPPPEEE

    Ya think?! LOL

    Jill

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users ยท 0 guests ยท0 bots ยท0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.