woo-hoo, st helen's just blew...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by small change, Oct 1, 2004.

  1. small change

    small change Guest

    details on your local TV, I'll be standing by with a shovel for ash...

    Tags:

  2. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    "small change" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]m...
    > details on your local TV, I'll be standing by with a shovel for ash...

    I was in Grand Coulee, WA, the last time it really blew it's stack. Very
    wierd to get dark during the day, see wildlife walking around dazed, dogs
    hiding under trucks.

    CDB

  3. BB

    BB Guest

    On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:50:54 -0700, small change wrote:
    > details on your local TV, I'll be standing by with a shovel for ash...

    Did you see anything? Guess it was just a little puff. Somebody told me at
    lunch that they could see it from the top floor of my building, but by the
    time I got there after lunch all we saw was the same old MSH lump.

    --
    -BB-
    To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

  4. small change

    small change Guest

    BB wrote:
    > On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:50:54 -0700, small change wrote:
    >> details on your local TV, I'll be standing by with a shovel for
    >> ash...

    > Did you see anything? Guess it was just a little puff. Somebody told
    > me at lunch that they could see it from the top floor of my building,
    > but by the time I got there after lunch all we saw was the same old
    > MSH lump.

    I caught it on the tube about 5 minutes after it happened just by chance. A
    little burp indeed. But still it's pretty cool.

    Penny

  5. kimba

    kimba Guest

    small change wrote:

    > BB wrote:
    > > On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:50:54 -0700, small change wrote:
    > >> details on your local TV, I'll be standing by with a shovel for
    > >> ash...

    > > Did you see anything? Guess it was just a little puff. Somebody told
    > > me at lunch that they could see it from the top floor of my building,
    > > but by the time I got there after lunch all we saw was the same old
    > > MSH lump.

    > I caught it on the tube about 5 minutes after it happened just by chance. A
    > little burp indeed. But still it's pretty cool.

    Well- they must expect some more - they've evacuated a bunch of folks off the
    mountain.
    Actually-if you check out the seisomgraphic info at the USGS site- it's pretty
    fascinating!

    After the eruption yesterday everything died down- then suddenly - wham- there
    were a couple of big events-
    then today- it's crazy- almost as volatile as yesterday right at the time of
    the eruption.

    Oh yeah- it's gonna blow again- and I suspect significantly more violently.
    Wish I was there!

    Kimba

  6. BB

    BB Guest

    On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 23:31:59 -0400, kimba wrote:

    > Well- they must expect some more - they've evacuated a bunch of folks off the
    > mountain.

    We're going to head up to a wonderful little trail about 25 miles from
    there. There's a beautiful view of the mountain on the way (its on the
    south side, so we probably won't see much though).

    I'll definitely bring the camera. :)

    --
    -BB-
    To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

  7. isthisane

    isthisane Guest

    any new news?

    "BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:50:54 -0700, small change wrote:
    >> details on your local TV, I'll be standing by with a shovel for ash...

    > Did you see anything? Guess it was just a little puff. Somebody told me at
    > lunch that they could see it from the top floor of my building, but by the
    > time I got there after lunch all we saw was the same old MSH lump.
    >
    > --
    > -BB-
    > To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

  8. isthisane

    isthisane Guest

    any new news?

    "BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:50:54 -0700, small change wrote:
    >> details on your local TV, I'll be standing by with a shovel for ash...

    > Did you see anything? Guess it was just a little puff. Somebody told me at
    > lunch that they could see it from the top floor of my building, but by the
    > time I got there after lunch all we saw was the same old MSH lump.
    >
    > --
    > -BB-
    > To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

  9. small change

    small change Guest