Wooden Frame

Lewie

Sep 27, 2010
Does anyone have a bycycle with a wooden frame, such as Renovo Bikes? Just curious.

Originally Posted by Lewie .

Does anyone have a bycycle with a wooden frame, such as Renovo Bikes? Just curious.
Built one for a customer..Beautiful, he says it rides like a dream, a little heavy.

Don't have one and haven't built one, but wouldn't they feel sort of - 'wooden'? I'm not so sure the winds of change are currently blowing such that a "wooden" feel is now desirable - I've been wrong before though about current trends...Interested to hear from an actual owner of a bike...

Fantastic looking bicycles. Difficult to tell how much a fully equipped bike costs on the site, appears that the R4 would cost about $1,500 for frame and $2,000 for components for a total of $3,500? But one page I was looking at had it for $2650 but no indication that was just the frame or fully loaded. If just the frame then why is it $650 more then the price page?

Went to the San Francisco Bike Expo on Saturday and had the chance to ride the Renovo R4. Like everyone I was a skeptic then I rode it. This bike is blew me away. If I didn't already have garage full of bikes I would have one of these!

Originally Posted by Born2bWild .

Went to the San Francisco Bike Expo on Saturday and had the chance to ride the Renovo R4. Like everyone I was a skeptic then I rode it. This bike is blew me away. If I didn't already have garage full of bikes I would have one of these!
Imagine how this would look with wood rims.