wooden pedals

qwertybike

Jan 19, 2012
Hello
I'm looking something like that:

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]I would[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)] [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]buy a[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)] [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]lot of [/COLOR]exchangeable pedals of this type but I don't know where I can buy it. Can you help me ? :))
Maybe wholesalers or importers? I need a low price.

a young guy was doing a vintage bike project with those pedals, but i forgot the name of the thread,
anyway my suggestion for him was to get something more robust, those pedals do look cool but they don't last too long, they become loose easily,

Originally Posted by qwertybike .

[SIZE= 14px]Hello [/SIZE]
[SIZE= 14px]I'm looking something like that: [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]I would[/SIZE] buy a lot of exchangeable pedals of this type but I don't know where I can buy it. Can you help me ? :))
[SIZE= 12px]Maybe [/SIZE]wholesalers or importers? I need a low price.
FWIW. The picture seems to show a pedal that was typically found on pre-1980 coaster brake, 3-speed, etc. bikes BUT without the rubber "block" that the pictured "bolt" would go through ...

The spindle's threading is probably 1/2" AMERICAN ... maybe not.

So, WalMart, KMART, etc. will probably sell pedals that fit the ([COLOR= #808080]Ashtabula[/COLOR][COLOR= #ff0000]/[/COLOR]"[COLOR= #808080]American[/COLOR]") crankarms which those pedals would normally fit.

[COLOR= #000000]WHY would you want more than one pair?!?[/COLOR]

BTW. The spindle on some BMX pedals may have the same threading.

I did wooden pedals. Pedals made of oak. In my bike looks very good :)
I weigh 100 kg and in my opinion pedals are durable. I made this bike more than 100km.
Only I have to watch out for scratches on the asphalt when I'm turning.

This is photo my bike: