WOOT WOOT! Craigslist SCORE!

Jun 27, 2005
East Wareham MA
Got my first road bike yesterday - 2000 KHS Flite 300 - with computer - for $150!

The bike at home:

IM001397resized.jpg

The Sigma 506 computer:

IM001398resized.jpg

Bontrager Select-K 700x25c tires with Kevlar for puncture resistance:

IM001399resized.jpg

Shimano SORA crankset and clipless pedals:

IM001400resized.jpg

Mavic XP11 rims with Shimano quick-release hubs:

IM001402resized.jpg

The guy who sold it to me even threw in a spare tube and is mailing me the manual for the computer, he found it this morning, I also found a copy on the 'net last night and downloaded it.

Now it looks like I'll have to invest in the shoe/cleat combination that goes with the pedals - that might take some getting used to since I've never ridden using any type of device that holds your feet to the pedals, not to mention translating an American shoe size....

Nice score dude:p! BTW-be careful when you first start riding with your clipless pedals. You might want to find a nice flat grassy area where you can practice clipping and unclipping with your new pedals. You should also find out how to set the pedals for the least resistance to unclipping until you get used to them. Just a couple of suggestions to help you maintain the finish on your bike and the skin on your body:D!

Thanks - I figured that much about practicing with the pedals once I get the shoes and cleats, I've read quite a few "horror stories" posted here and on other forums about peeps new to the clipless pedals taking "dixies" by not unclipping in time. :eek: The guy I bought it from also showed me where the pedal adjustments were.

One of my neighbors is a roadie who also races and rides in triathlons so I have plenty of help at my disposal.

I spent a few hours earlier tweaking the seat and stem for the right fit, the guy I bought it from had the seat higher than where I need it, apparently he had a longer inseam.

Clipless falls are a part of the fun... and even with practice, they sometimes happen.

I have fallen three times, and always with witnesses. ;)

Enjoy the bike!

dangerousbiker said:
Congratulations for having it! Where's your first target?:cool:
Well, after making numerous adjustments, I took it out for a short 7-mile loop this past Sunday. Rides great, but still needs some tweaking for fit. Short of having the $$$ to spend for a pro fitting (just getting back to work after being semi-laid-off for nearly 6 months), I'm at the mercy of using all the info I can find on the 'net to dial it in myself.

I also found out the hard way that before I could take it out for its "inaugural" spin, I had to take a trip to the LBS to get Presta valve adapters so I could pump up the tires....
icon_eek.gif

Pure awesome.

I spent the same amount on Craigslist recently and got a 30ish-year-old import. Good shifters and brakes, but the rear axle broke on the way home. :(