Woot woot! Stuff found while cycling

i haven't found anything really good, once a really beaten up brake pad, once a bouncy ball, thats it. I spot an old bike for free sitting on a curb. I've thought of getting a bunch of old cruser bikes that people are throwin out, scrapin em, and make the nicest one i can, i might. :D

Well, this ain't woot woot worthy, but one day riding to school, I steered to avoid what I thought were a couple of strips of tire tread that in reality were 2 10 inchish black dildos. I guess if I had been thinking, I would have stopped, picked them up and put them in my backpack so that I could later clean them and sell them on eBay.

I didn't stop to see if they had been used or not.

My brother found my BMX bicycle which had been stolen a week earlier thrown into a creek near the road. We figured whoever stole it lived nearby and could not be seen riding the bike since all the local kids would know it was mine.

alienator said:
Well, this ain't woot woot worthy, but one day riding to school, I steered to avoid what I thought were a couple of strips of tire tread that in reality were 2 10 inchish black dildos. I guess if I had been thinking, I would have stopped, picked them up and put them in my backpack so that I could later clean them and sell them on eBay.

I didn't stop to see if they had been used or not.
The issue there was whether you had disposable gloves and a big plastic bag on you to hold them. ;)

why is it that people throw so much **** out the window? and the amount of alcohol and beer bottles along the road is SCARY!

my best find is a nike balaclava during a race that someone discarded. it was a early winter race and it warmed up a bit during the 27 miles and there were all kinds of expensive bike clothes on the trail.

cheapie said:
why is it that people throw so much **** out the window? and the amount of alcohol and beer bottles along the road is SCARY!

my best find is a nike balaclava during a race that someone discarded. it was a early winter race and it warmed up a bit during the 27 miles and there were all kinds of expensive bike clothes on the trail.
thats awesome, I live in a city that doesn't have many cyclists, so I can't find many cycling accesories on the road.

cheapie said:
Agreed. It's not so much the single cans or bottles that disturb me. It's seeing a shitload of cans of the same type, sometimes with the twelve pack box, thrown on the side of the road. It makes me wonder if a single boozer who is always sipping a beer decided to clean his car out, or if it was a carload of plastered rednecks. Keystone seems like it's quite popular among these a-holes.

concorde_99 said:
Did it come with a couple AA batteries??? lol

How's that for an inaugural post! haha, hi everybody.
that was a great first post! I find all kinds of stuff. nothing reallly expensive though. Lets see ...I always find tie downs. I found a couple big heavy duty link chains. empty wallets. Life vests. Garbage cans. :D

Bro Deal said:
Agreed. It's not so much the single cans or bottles that disturb me. It's seeing a shitload of cans of the same type, sometimes with the twelve pack box, thrown on the side of the road. It makes me wonder if a single boozer who is always sipping a beer decided to clean his car out, or if it was a carload of plastered rednecks. Keystone seems like it's quite popular among these a-holes.

On a box of the aforementioned beer I saw on one of my routes: "Thirty Stones"

lance99 said:
that was a great first post! I find all kinds of stuff. nothing reallly expensive though. Lets see ...I always find tie downs. I found a couple big heavy duty link chains. empty wallets. Life vests. Garbage cans. :D

Ah yes, the ubiquitous tie-down.

And don't forget the cell phones and garage openers.

A $20 bill.. box of condoms. not at the same time mind u. the condoms were unopened so....

A best buy gift card worth $1.02 and some mexican dude's green card. Bet he had a bad day.

Well, just the other day i found $534 on the side of Jefferson road. Thats the best i have found so far.

steve_18798 said:
Well, just the other day i found $534 on the side of Jefferson road. Thats the best i have found so far.

Funny...that's the exact ammount I lost.

Well if your in windsor the money went to a good cause. My child and it realy helped out, Oh ya thanks.

Well, not much since I started cycling. But when I was a kid and walked around, I found a boat along with a whole lot of other dumped stuff in a forest. It was just a little fiberglass bass boat and had some holes in the top portion. The hull seemed sound so I attempted to drag it 2 miles back home. Dad ended up stopping me before I made it back and told me to leave it.

Thinking back, I wish we had called the police. That was one of the worst sites of illegal dumping I'd ever seen. It was a pile of junk and trash 5 feet high. Back then tho I didn't even know what Illegal dumping was.

Bro Deal said:
Agreed. It's not so much the single cans or bottles that disturb me. It's seeing a shitload of cans of the same type, sometimes with the twelve pack box, thrown on the side of the road. It makes me wonder if a single boozer who is always sipping a beer decided to clean his car out, or if it was a carload of plastered rednecks.

I wonder if there isn't a group of people who actually enjoy the act of littering?

In Sweden for instance there has been a law in place for several years now stating that in order to sell environmentally hazardous goods a business must accept returned used hazardous goods and see to its disposal.
And yet I keep finding newly dumped car batteries/cans of used engine oil just about anywhere where a car can park unnoticed for a few minutes.
It doesn't make any sense, they have the options of:
a) leaving the stuff in the car until the next time they pass a gas station, where they can leave the stuff without a care in the world in a designated spot surrounded by decent footing and good lighting
b) find a narrow back road somewhere, jump a ditch and hide their stuff under a conifer.
Option B sure isn't the obvious path of least resistance...